Members: 326,152
Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, horsearcher
» Online Users: 1,469
3 members and 1,466 guests
John, Phrozen Sands, Xidelt

Old 04-21-2004, 09:47 PM
cutiepatootie

Something i would not normally announce, but....

As stated this is something i wouldnt normally announce but 20 minutes ago i got a call from my Dr and he told me some news that at first had me scared to pieces he told me i dont have cancer but i still would have to have a hysterectomy but it isnt cancer! I have been calling everyone and a few you knew but i feel this is a big relief and wanted to share with my sisters. all i can say is praise the lord hallaluieh! I just wanted to share this because the last few weeks i have not been the most pleasent person in the world and now i can actually breathe!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
{{{{{{{{{{{cutiepatootie}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm glad that you don't have Cancer.. when are you going into the hospital for surgery? PM me if you don't want the world to know.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:00 AM
GreekChat Member

YEAH! Congratulations Laura!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Last edited by bruinaphi; 07-19-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Breathing a sigh of relief! Cancer is scary! One of my Beta sisters was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer

My thoughts are with you girl! How do you feel about the surgery? You have kids right?

Hugs to ya

Love and AOE
Old 04-22-2004, 06:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh Laura,thank God. I've been thinking about you.That is wonderful news.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Re: Something i would not normally announce, but....

Quote:
Originally posted by cutiepatootie
As stated this is something i wouldnt normally announce but 20 minutes ago i got a call from my Dr and he told me some news that at first had me scared to pieces he told me i dont have cancer but i still would have to have a hysterectomy but it isnt cancer! I have been calling everyone and a few you knew but i feel this is a big relief and wanted to share with my sisters. all i can say is praise the lord hallaluieh! I just wanted to share this because the last few weeks i have not been the most pleasent person in the world and now i can actually breathe!
Crash....

I walked in your shoes last year....

a wonderful resource to share with you is the HysterSisters website. I thought I would go nuts until I found it.

www.hystersisters.com

NOW almost one year post-op, I can say it truly saved my sanity!
Old 04-22-2004, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
I'm so glad to hear that you're cancer-free, and I'll be praying for a speedy physical and emotional recovery from your hysterectomy.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 04-22-2004, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry for the crash, but I really need to congratulate you, cutiepatootie, and praise the Lord that you are cancer-free!!!
Old 04-23-2004, 02:22 AM
cutiepatootie

Thank you everyone! i got a call from the Kaiser permentae facility where it will be done at and was told surgery is set for May 21 in fontana.

I am very scared of surgery, but nothing had me more scared than the thought i may have had cancer. Emotionally i think i am doing ok. I have days when i am sad i cant have any more children but in the long run i have been blessed with a wonderful lil boy ...matthew is my world! Plus there are kids who need good homes so if the time is right i may adopt later on downthe road. i have 2 lil girl nieces coming so it gives me some more time with babies even though i dont have to deal with 3 am feedings ...heheh i think i am a tad bit envious of my sister in law and brother but i feel i am 35 and not getting any younger so i am ok with having this surgery. To me having a hysterectomy is taking away any more scares i may encounter down the road. that phone call yesterday .....you dont even know what it felt like....RELIEF!

Sageofages...yes i checked that site out a week or so ago and find it rather useful as for information on everything. i think i have checked it it out daily since i was told i was going to have to have surgery

Laura( bruinaphi) asked if there is anything you can do for me have you all visit me and shower me with attention flowers and candy now that would be a great dose of medicine but prayers from those far and away would be great too.

times like this i am glad i have sisters and really good friends and a great family and i better stop now before is tart to cry

aoe
Laura
Old 04-23-2004, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on the wonderful news.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Sending thoughts of a speedy recovery your way!!
Old 04-24-2004, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Also crashing ...

Cutie, last fall, I thought I was going to have to get a partial hysterectomy, but woke up from the surgery to find my wonderful surgeon had saved my uterus. Since I'm 36, am not married and have no children, I was thrilled. Though through the morphine haze, I had to be told the news several times before I was convinced, LOL. However, the hystersisters Web site still was a tremendous help. Pay special attention to the articles and posts about what to take to the hospital and what you should do at home ahead of time for your recovery.

The best advice I got -- from our own Carnation and my boss -- was to ask the anesthesiologist to put an anti-nausea medication in your IV. Anesthesia makes some people sick, and you do not want to wake up from this surgery and throw up. You just know that would smart. Since narcotics also make some people sick -- and you will be on narcotics in the hospital -- I also asked my surgeon to continue the anti-nausea medication as long as I had my IV. I had watched my mother be horribly sick to her stomach after her surgeries, and I was dreading that more than the operation. This really works. The morning of my surgery, I told everyone who got near me what I wanted. I wasn't taking any chances!

How wonderful you don't have cancer! If you have any questions for me, ask away!
Old 04-24-2004, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bsp-mich24
Thank goodness you are cancer free.

Quote:
The best advice I got -- from our own Carnation and my boss -- was to ask the anesthesiologist to put an anti-nausea medication in your IV.
I'm glad they have this now. I remember my mom being sick after her hysterectomy.