» Online Users: 1,307
4 members and 1,303 guests
Cookiez17, John, Xidelt

Old 08-04-2003, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CabinGirl
Cool Fun question about family trees

Here's a fun question...

I know that many chapters have Families of Big and Little Brothers. Often families may have "twins", causing a split in the family tree, but they can still trace their way back to a Founding Father.

I am a Founding Father of my chapter, and head of the Hoffman family. Next summer I'm marrying a Founding Father of my chapter, who is head of the Baker family.

What happens to our Family trees at this point? Are they still separate? Or can we now have the Baker-Hoffman tree, intertwined, with something along the lines of step-littles?

Just a fun little thought that probably doesn't come up too terribly often. If any of you have had something similar happen in your chapter histories, I'd love to hear about it.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PandaOnProzac
In my other fraternity usually the split occurs when the big bro takes on another little bro. KKPsi wise I haven't heard of that before.
Old 02-21-2004, 02:23 AM
GreekChat Member

This is an old thread....but it's late and I'm bored so here goes.

Getting married wouldn't affect your family trees. Your little brother was never in your husband's family...so it really wouldn't work that way. I know it's a cute thought...but it doesn't work that way. Sorry!

We had several brothers marry other brothers and it never affected anything. In fact, my big brother married my pledge brother's big brother (who was also my adopted big brother). No intertwining there either.

What's really messed up is when TBS merged with KKPsi on my campus. My adopted TBS big sister was one of the ones who chose to affiliate...so I adopted him back and he became my adopted little brother. Haha!