GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,582
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,593
1 members and 1,592 guests
MSKKG

Old 07-24-2000, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Question competition

This question is for the ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. or other interests.
I have noticed that ladies who want to join this sorority always seem to be competing at meetings almost to the point of catfighting. People practically knock each other over to say the "right" answer first or impress all of the other members, etc. I have always heard that lines can be as big or as small as the members want. So I guess my question is, should I be "competing" with everyone else when they could be a potenial future line sister if I were to make it? The competing at my school doesn't seem to be very sisterly.
Old 07-24-2000, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

It doesn't sound as though the ladies on your campus exhibit much grace and tact. My advice is to be yourself. Make your interest known, but don't "knock yourself out" doing it. In my opinion, I think the ladies are hurting themselves more than helping. Know-it-alls don't impress me, and their behavior sounds rude. I wouldn't worry about "competing" against anyone in this way. It's useless.
Old 07-24-2000, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

As an interest, I think it's best to just be yourself...and be the best you can be.
Old 07-24-2000, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Cookie,

At my school, there is also a high level of competition. However, I've decided that the only competition I have is with myself. You can only do your best and hope they accept you for who you are. Don't worry about anyone else.

Cookee