Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,114
3 members and 1,111 guests
amIblue?, navane

Old 03-13-2006, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Another PNAM saying hi and thanks!

Hi everybody,
I just signed up on GC today and I must say that this seems like such a fun and caring group of people! I just found out about AI and thought it sounded like an awesome opportunity for someone like me who went to a school without a Greek system for women. I really just wanted to post and introduce myself and say thank you for all of the great info you've already posted. I'll probably be asking a lot of questions in the near future. I'm in Germany now (with a hubby in Iraq), so I can't really be of any value or service to a sorority-fraternity right now, but once we get to the states again, I'll definitely start some serious inquiries.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey

Good Luck on your search for a home!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you so much for your well wishes. I've got an idea of where I'd like to call home, I just really don't want to wait anymore! I wish there were international opportunities for AI. That's part of my interest in this process... my husband is tied to the Army, so no matter where we go, he's always got "family" where we're stationed next. I follow him gladly, it's just that I don't have "roots." Military wives have a sisterhood all their own, but it would be great to have sisters outside of the whole Army thing, ya know? Then I would have family waiting for me wherever we go (assuming there's a collegiate or alumnae chapter around). I guess I can just take this time to really reflect and figure out what I would bring to my new family.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Banned

You're on the road to an exciting adventure! If you have any questions about AI, please feel free to PM me. Good luck to you... and a big whoo hoo to your husband for his service to our country!
Old 03-22-2006, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scbelle
Thank you so much for your well wishes. I've got an idea of where I'd like to call home, I just really don't want to wait anymore! I wish there were international opportunities for AI. That's part of my interest in this process... my husband is tied to the Army, so no matter where we go, he's always got "family" where we're stationed next. I follow him gladly, it's just that I don't have "roots." Military wives have a sisterhood all their own, but it would be great to have sisters outside of the whole Army thing, ya know? Then I would have family waiting for me wherever we go (assuming there's a collegiate or alumnae chapter around). I guess I can just take this time to really reflect and figure out what I would bring to my new family.
I too am a proud military wife and I have been very thankful for my involvement in my sorority because no matter where the Navy ships me, I always have DPhiE. It literally kept me going when we moved this last time because I couldn't find a job right away and I need something to do.

Depending on the group you are interested in, I encourage you to consider beginning the AI process now if that is what you really want. All of us have members all over the world, so it may work out, especially since you are military--you never know. A few years back the International President of my sorority lived in Paris and would do conference calls from there as well travel to the states for meetings. With the advent of email--there may be MANY things you can do in service to an org without actually being in the US. Just something to consider--although I certainly know it wouldn't be easy.

Best wishes--and if you want to talk to another military wife, just send me a private message.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Heather17
I too am a proud military wife and I have been very thankful for my involvement in my sorority because no matter where the Navy ships me, I always have DPhiE. It literally kept me going when we moved this last time because I couldn't find a job right away and I need something to do.

Depending on the group you are interested in, I encourage you to consider beginning the AI process now if that is what you really want. All of us have members all over the world, so it may work out, especially since you are military--you never know. A few years back the International President of my sorority lived in Paris and would do conference calls from there as well travel to the states for meetings. With the advent of email--there may be MANY things you can do in service to an org without actually being in the US. Just something to consider--although I certainly know it wouldn't be easy.

Best wishes--and if you want to talk to another military wife, just send me a private message.
Thanks for the well wishes... and for the service you do for our country, Heather! You rock! I just had to say that, because I am in awe of people in military families and am aware of the hard work it is... so I appreciate it that much more!

If I were to go ahead and contact the headquarters of a group, do you think they would be able to send me a contact from their group that lives overseas? I am not going to get excited about what may or may not happen while I am overseas, but it would be good to get a contact from my group of interest to at least start the connection process.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scbelle
Thanks for the well wishes... and for the service you do for our country, Heather! You rock! I just had to say that, because I am in awe of people in military families and am aware of the hard work it is... so I appreciate it that much more!

If I were to go ahead and contact the headquarters of a group, do you think they would be able to send me a contact from their group that lives overseas? I am not going to get excited about what may or may not happen while I am overseas, but it would be good to get a contact from my group of interest to at least start the connection process.
They may. I guess it might all depend on who you are talking to at the group.