GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,326
3 members and 1,323 guests
John, KatieKate1244, MSKKG

Old 05-17-2002, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Pres. Bush Knew - Are you surprised?

So, we all know now that President Bush was warned - on Aug. 6 - that Osama's crew intended to hijack US planes. No steps were taken to ensure security. Obviously, it wasn't taken very seriously. Are you all surprised about this revelation? I'm not surprised at all.

Now, this morning, the White House reported that they had, in fact, drafted a plan to combat the potential attack and it was sitting on Condoleza Rice's desk awaiting approval. So, now are they going to put it all on her?

Bush's approval rated has skyrocketed since 9/11. Some have even compared him to some of our greatest presidents in US history. What your opinion of him?

Last edited by prayerfull; 05-17-2002 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-17-2002, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Pres. Bush Knew - Are you surprised?

Quote:
Originally posted by prayerfull
So, we all know now that President Bush was warned - on Aug. 6 - that Osama's crew intended to hijack US planes. No steps were taken to ensure security. Obviously, it was taken very seriously. Are you all surprised about this revelation? I'm not surprised at all.

Now, this morning, the White House reported that they had, in fact, drafted a plan to combat the potential attack and it was sitting on Condoleza Rice's desk awaiting approval. So, now are they going to put it all on her?

Bush's approval rated has skyrocketed since 9/11. Some have even compared him to some of our greatest presidents in US history. What your opinion of him?
Are you kidding me? I refused then to believe that our Intelligence was that stupid. Because if that was the case, we are in BIG trouble, and I just refused to believe that. I knew they knew.

I have no opinion of him, still. I mean, I guess he handlin' business, whatever. Where is the VP? (I just had to throw that in there.) When I think of Dubya, I think, "I guess."

They can't put it on her. Accountability works both ways. If you sat it on her desk, and you didn't hear from her, I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it seems urgent enough to question her about it and take it to the next level. How do you allow a plan to combat a potential attack sitting on the desk? That just don't sound kosher to me. But again, whatever.

I'm sure they'll sing that same song, all day long, "We didn't want to put panic and fear into our citizens." Cowardly bastards, look where it got them. They never know what to tell and what not to tell. If nothing else, they coulda just passed new security measures for airports, and not even said why. But to just do nothing? I swear, sometimes, we are the most do-nothing country I know. I know my host family in Sevilla, Spain is clowin' us offa this one. I know they are. I wonder if they make jokes at the UN? If you've ever travelled outside the US, you know how they clown us.
Old 05-17-2002, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I have no good opinion, only because he hasn't really done anything. Where's Osama, and why is his capture no longer the focus of this "war" . I don't know where the polls are taken, but I suspect that people feel like any president is better than none.

It does not surprise me that they knew, heck, they knew about Pearl Harbor. I had not heard about the Condoleeza part, but I hope that they really can figure out who (plural) dropped the ball. I seriously doubt that if a legitimate warning had been received, that no one would do anything simply because of one person. Even in high school, if even the threat of a possible bombing or shooting was received, we had to LEAVE!, no beforehand investigation, no wringing your hands... just get people to safety.

All I'm hoping for is another One-Term Bush, so if I have to sit through another round of silly, unncessary Congressional Hearings in order to throw salt in his game, then so be it.
Old 05-17-2002, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Not Surprised

As I look over the way that the U.S. government typically responds to matters of a civic and security importance, this knowledge is not too surprising. It took a catastrophy of high enormity to make changes of the scale done post 9-11. Even still, I don't think that the security has been high enough. There is no uniform standard, nor has the possibility of threats been removed on a nuclear security end. Additionally, you see some airports scaling back on their security campaigns. For instance in some municipalities, servicemen are no longer at the airports, but local police are. It doesn't sound as if the nation is heightening its security efforts when things such as these take place. Rather, the nation seems in a rather regressive mode.
Old 05-17-2002, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

... and just to answer your question...

Nope.

I know one thing. Ideal 08 is a mind reader. For the sake of propriety, I'll not subject GCers to another outburst.

At least for now.

I cry for this country, and the people we elect to protect us.
Old 05-17-2002, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kitten03
Re: Pres. Bush Knew - Are you surprised?

Quote:
So, we all know now that President Bush was warned - on Aug. 6 - that Osama's crew intended to hijack US planes. No steps were taken to ensure security. Obviously, it wasn't taken very seriously. Are you all surprised about this revelation? I'm not surprised at all.

Well i'm a home for the summer in the midst of all this drama trauma. I HONESTLY believe that they knew and had no intentions of this information ever getting out to the press. Humm...I wonder why.

Bush is not a fearless leader. I always believed he fell into a national crisis thus making him look good. Think about if he didn't keep the information, people would have placed more emphasis on what the government didn't do instead of what they did. People would still be questioning the election. People would still be worried about the economy. Seems like everything pre 9/11 has taken a back seat. This national crisis allowed Bush and his crew to look good in the face of everyone knowing that the president isn't as intelligent as he could be.

In addition, government agencies do not confer with one another, meaning the CIA and FBI could have had the exact same or more information but for competition sake would not share it with the other group. We need to hold them accountable also for this tragedy.

This is definately an injustice. How to prevent these things in the future is another issue?
Old 05-17-2002, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking WHOA HAJJ EL-MALIK SHABAZZ!!!

I got called that when the whole 9-11 debacle came down...

I just watched a show with the Honorable Minister Farrakhan, he called the US, "oil junkies" and that Dubya and his gang were gonna attack Afghanistan anyway! He said if it looked like to the world community that the attack occurred without provacation, then the US would be in deep chit... Sooooo... We'll just go an provoke a lunatic that has been on since we made him, who is conveinently not from Afghanistan, but resides there sometimes for the "war on terror", and cause him to active his psychotic cells to hijack passenger jets and slam them into buildings... So we, amerikkklans, can go in with our "daisy wheel" bombs forming a pipeline from Khasikstan(sp.) down thru India and other parts of the Mideast... (Don't believe me? Find the 60 minutes show on Khasikstan and their oil if you can...) I just can't believe the UN NSA agreed to that BS!!!

NO... It's not shocking to me the Bush, the son, provoked a sadist who had issues back when he was a cab driver in NY in 1975 and got stiffed on a payment near the WTC... Oh, NO, it's not shocking that the US borders are not militarially armed so that the INS workers CAN do their jobs and the folks who run the dayum INS need to be kicked out or sumthing... And NO, who are the lusers that didn't do their jobs at the airport on 9-11? And I ain't talkin' just about the security--those lunatics who commandeered the planes HAD ground support --"the powers that be" for the FAA and the Airlines are covering up this fact...

The question why Bush, the son, HAD to go after Khasikstan's oil--when he wanted to dig it up from Alaska back in early 2001... Why??? 'Cuz, Bush, the son, KNEW that Enron was about fold and he had to PAY for it!!! Crafty, just crafty... Besides, the US just got outta a BAD stock market drop in 2000 and Dubya, didn't have the balls to ask the US public to pay after he gave us our (welfare) Tax checks... And just like Chris Rock says, "when the chile cain't do his homework 'cuz the light bill ain't been paid--it's the Daddy's fault!"

Dubya had some HUGE bills... And his (credit) ratings where low from the jump since folks were saying the Supreme (Massa) Court voted him in. Besides his daughter was getting busted for underage drinking--so they say--it could be "E" too... So, he had to do sumthin'? And it ain't no kinna secret that wars make $$$$$... Don't believe me, just ask half the military!!! Even they say it!!! That's why this war is a "special forces" war!!! And the personnel I know are getting relocated to Baharain, RITE NOW!!! So Bush, the father and son, can go after the Nemesis, SADDAM together...

And lemme admit somethin'... Several people I know, and YES, this is a SoCal person saying this, are minimally to moderately clairvoyant--they have a very small gift of prophecy... They were telling me that THERE WAS A HUGE psychic puncture in the ethereal plane weeks before 9-11. They said folks were having "dreams" and most dismissed them as usual... Just think if the extremely weak clairvoyants were dreaming about 9-11 events, what were the full powerhouse psychics saying!!! And don't you think they would have warned the authorities, too??? But then, some can see beyond 9-11 and find that it takes that much to force humanity into the next age--called the "Age of the Goddess" by many prophets... Unfortunately, the blood spilling always seems to happen... That's why many persons with an Afrikan Centered Perspective call this event, the "White Man's Last Stand"... 'Cuz once you understand the nature of white supremacy, then you will understand at what lengths "he" will use to protect his (perceived) supremacy...

And that is what is so upsetting to me... ~3000 people to realize that maybe we should use our technology to build alternative fueled modes of transportation, rather than mining out dead dinosaur chit for smog mobiles... Oh well... I guess that's how it hasta be for now...
Old 05-17-2002, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

My Long Lost Twin Sister....?

AKA_Monet, are you sure that we were not separated at birth?!

Anyway, I know that the government knew about the impending tragedy. I also know that they know what we are talking about at this very moment. There are no secrets in this world. "Dem people" have us all where they want us--right under their thumbs. Do you see how they are trying to shift the blame towards Rice's direction? Do they really think that we are supposed to believe that? If someting is threatening the "free" world, why do you need approval to put a plan into action? What else was going on at the time? NOTHING! Oh, my bad. I forgot about Bush's two month long vacation. Why did he need a vacation? What was he doing? What has he ever done but get us in a chitload of trouble and get unsuspecting Americans killed? The blame will be shifted to all places except the one place that all the blame should fall--in the laps of THE FATHER AND THE SON (but I'm not talking about the two big guys in Heaven. Feel me?) We were all chillin' when Big Willie was in office (Clinton).

The issue goes deeper than what can be said in this forum. AKA_Monet was just hitting the tip of the iceberg with her post. There are a lot of things going on out there in the world and "dem people" are trying to fool us into thinking that life is a picnic. Times are not changing and things are not getting better. Don't be fooled. Just know that the power is at the top, my sistas (and brothas). Don't let anyone stop you from gaining all the knowledge that you can. The truth is out there.
Old 05-17-2002, 11:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Re: Pres. Bush Knew - Are you surprised?

Quote:

This is what gets me, the President allegedly knew about this on August 6th. NO ONE seems to remember that was around the time of the big flap over the Prez leaving the White House for an EXTENDED stay on his ranch in Texas. During that time, plenty of uprisings were taking place in the Middle East, and Prez Bush rolled out on his GOLF CART, to reassure the US, that he was being apprised of all matters going on there, and that he didn't need to be in the White House, since he and his aides had everything under control from the ranch!!

A little over a MONTH later, 9/11 hit and he was SHOCKED AND SURPRISED?! I was like WTF! Didn't you have an idea this might have happened while you were on the ranch in Texas!!? Maybe if "W" had used a little diplomacy early on instead of taking a hands-off approach, might this situation turned out differently?

That's why I took his unfettered support and approval rating with a grain of salt, because the way I see it, he was asleep at the wheel (or should I say the ranch), when the precursor to 9-11 was going down.

And you can COUNT ON CONDOLEZZA being blamed for any slip ups in security. After all she is the National Security Advisor and more importantly, "W" isn't going to take any responsibility for missing the obvious "ques" in August, 2001!! Its election season!
Old 05-18-2002, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face THAT"S WHAT I'M SAYING!

Quote:
Originally posted by straightBOS
I have no good opinion, only because he hasn't really done anything. Where's Osama, and why is his capture no longer the focus of this "war". I don't know where the polls are taken, but I suspect that people feel like any president is better than none.

It does not surprise me that they knew, heck, they knew about Pearl Harbor. I had not heard about the Condoleeza part, but I hope that they really can figure out who (plural) dropped the ball. I seriously doubt that if a legitimate warning had been received, that no one would do anything simply because of one person. Even in high school, if even the threat of a possible bombing or shooting was received, we had to LEAVE!, no beforehand investigation, no wringing your hands... just get people to safety.

All I'm hoping for is another One-Term Bush, so if I have to sit through another round of silly, unncessary Congressional Hearings in order to throw salt in his game, then so be it.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Where is Osam Bin Laden? We are approaching Sept. 11, 2002...And Osam's no where in sight? How can one person be that hard to find, with our supposedly sophisticated intelligence? The Bush Administration is SO HYPOCRITICAL...They haven't found Bin Laden b/c their too busy defending the Israelis...For all we know he could be out here! Airport security was supposed to improve dramatically, yet the FAA has failed to make any major strides in this area. Bush is SO CAPITALIZING on this tragedy to gain public support...Without this he wouldn't have had a leg to stand on! I don't think he'll be getting re-elected for a 2nd term (shoot, I pray that he won't!)...

And for the Bush Administration to blame the stalling of the plan to combat the attack on Condoleeza Rice, as others have said, is a big lie. Who does Condoleeza report to? Who does she work for? Exactly...I believe they knew about the attack before it happened, and for fear of public panic plus just plan ole stupidity & incompetence, and lack of communication b/w our govt agencies is to blame...His azz SCREWED UP! Point Blank! And you see who "they" are trying to blame for all of this (see, my Momma always told me not to trust most of "them"...they always turn on you when you least expect it---stab you in the back 3 times! It kind of sucks for Condoleeza (boy, she has an UGLY name) but she got herself into this by aligning herself with some of these crooked Republicans who don't care about "us"--they just care about their "own" & their $$)...And they will all be held accountable, that's for sure, b/c this attack affected people of all races and cultures--we all lost people, and when people find out who's to blame for them losing their husband, or their mother, or their child, teacher, best friend, etc.--THEY WILL BE PISSED! B/c it pisses me off to the fullest to (once again) know that our govt give's a rat's azz about how safe most of the American people are--other than their own friends & family...

Quote:
Originally posted by AKA_Monet
NO... It's not shocking to me the Bush, the son, provoked a sadist who had issues back when he was a cab driver in NY in 1975 and got stiffed on a payment near the WTC... Oh, NO, it's not shocking that the US borders are not militarially armed so that the INS workers CAN do their jobs and the folks who run the dayum INS need to be kicked out or sumthing... And NO, who are the lusers that didn't do their jobs at the airport on 9-11? And I ain't talkin' just about the security--those lunatics who commandeered the planes HAD ground support --"the powers that be" for the FAA and the Airlines are covering up this fact...

The question why Bush, the son, HAD to go after Khasikstan's oil--when he wanted to dig it up from Alaska back in early 2001... Why??? 'Cuz, Bush, the son, KNEW that Enron was about fold and he had to PAY for it!!! Crafty, just crafty... Besides, the US just got outta a BAD stock market drop in 2000 and Dubya, didn't have the balls to ask the US public to pay after he gave us our (welfare) Tax checks... And just like Chris Rock says, "when the chile cain't do his homework 'cuz the light bill ain't been paid--it's the Daddy's fault!" And it ain't no kinna secret that wars make $$$$$... Don't believe me, just ask half the military!!! Even they say it!!! That's why this war is a "special forces" war!!! And the personnel I know are getting relocated to Baharain, RITE NOW!!! So Bush, the father and son, can go after the Nemesis, SADDAM together...
I agree, AKA_Monet (we must read the same articles, talk to the same people, and listen to t he same news radio stations!) ...There are many issues floating around the Bush Administration, such as their rumored attack on Sadaam Husein in the near future (even though Sadaam really is evil, I believe this issue is all about the $$--the oil); our sorry excuse of a FAA; the fact that Bush KNEW aout Enron b/c he got $ for his presidential campaign from the company--and I don't mean no chump change ...Bush doesn't care about people's retirement $$...why would he care about OUR LIVES??? He's wasting time sending troops to the Middle East to supposedly look for Bin LAedn (and I highly doubt he's there) and killing innocent victim's of the Taliban's rule, along with our troops, in the process...

It's the same cycle all over again (histroy definately repeats itself)...That's why it's so important for us to educate ourselves on these issues...

Last edited by Sugar_N_Spice; 05-18-2002 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-18-2002, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

From what I've been able to read, the airlines were warned that there were plans to hijack airplanes. Let's face it, there have been countless newstories about the the lack of security in our airports and borders. These lax security controls have been reported about for at least the last 10 years (at least two of them when the house, Senate and White House was controlled by Democrats) No one cared about national security until the tragedy in New York. Even after Tim McVeigh blew up the federal building in Oklahoma, the national security measures were still focused on internal groups, i.e. groups associated with those at Waco and Ruby Ridge. How much time was spent on the Unabomber. The country was so interested in making everybody else be friends in the world that the focus was not on protecting this country.

Every one that doesn't like either President Bush complains about how their policies lead to this...um are we forgetting that someone else was President for 8 years and could have fixed it?

And Senator Clinton has lost her mind, some news reports indicate that there were intelligent reports that were two years old, when her HUSBAND was president.

Countries that hate the U.S. have been threatening us for years, this isn't the first time our country was attacked, remember when the World Trade Center blew up the first time?
Old 05-18-2002, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jody
From what I've been able to read, the airlines were warned that there were plans to hijack airplanes. Let's face it, there have been countless newstories about the the lack of security in our airports and borders. These lax security controls have been reported about for at least the last 10 years (at least two of them when the house, Senate and White House was controlled by Democrats) No one cared about national security until the tragedy in New York. Even after Tim McVeigh blew up the federal building in Oklahoma, the national security measures were still focused on internal groups, i.e. groups associated with those at Waco and Ruby Ridge. How much time was spent on the Unabomber. The country was so interested in making everybody else be friends in the world that the focus was not on protecting this country.

Every one that doesn't like either President Bush complains about how their policies lead to this...um are we forgetting that someone else was President for 8 years and could have fixed it?

And Senator Clinton has lost her mind, some news reports indicate that there were intelligent reports that were two years old, when her HUSBAND was president.

Countries that hate the U.S. have been threatening us for years, this isn't the first time our country was attacked, remember when the World Trade Center blew up the first time?
Sure we could say President Clinton had culpability, and we can say the same about President Bush before him, and President Regan, before him....but the fact remains 9-11 happened under THIS PRESIDENTS watch, with allegedly plenty of warning! I seem to remember President Clinton being a little more PROACTIVE diplomatically in the Middle East during his term in the White House

The big question is can we REALLY count on our Government to be candid with us when we need it?! Any of the administrations could have alerted us this was a possiblilty, but I would guess that didn't happen because of one thing....THE POTENTIAL FINANCIAL LOSSES to the airline industry (the almighty dollar)!

Politics has everything to do with what we are (or aren't) told as citizens of this country.
Old 05-18-2002, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink All around the world the same song...

Well, y'all know Pimp Mack Daddie Clinton wasn't focussin' on the Mideast or Terrorism... He was mo' worried 'bout his wannabe baby's mama drama (spelled Lewinsky) ... So when Bin Laden took out the US embassies in Kenya--just to flex his muscles--Pimp Mack Daddie Clinton made a phone call to the MF's that sold him that chit to begin with!!! Namely the former Soviet Republic, including the ex-KGB and the Red Chinese Military... He even cursed out Saddam 'cuz Big Pimpin' Clinton KNEW that Saddam brokered the whole deal... And Hell, the amerikkklan public didn't care, 'cuz they were skrait banging with the dot.coms!!!

Y'all really need JeffOMTG up in here... He may be part of the kard karrying NRA, but it CAN put some perspective on it...

The real dealyo, is when Bush named Condom-leaves-cum as NSA, all kinna folks squealed... You 'cain't have yo Dusty Sally Mae up in Massahs Hauwse running thangs like dat--eben if yun raised 'er up as ya own as a litty-bitty girl... Evre'body anna dey mama KNEW eben at the Republican Convention, dat Missie Condom done now sumhere confused asin wheaah's her room nextin to Massahs... She achetin' like she one a "dem folks"... Now, don't go an git cho-sef O.J.'ed...

Anna if dey cain blame Ms Condom, dey DAYUM sho gonna go abter General Powell--but Powell gots 'hood strength... Too many dayum folks would die for him from jump... Dey try takin' Powell down, they's on fo a fight!!! An if I ain't right, den why them martyred "homocide" bomber stop trippin' when he was speakin' to Arafat??? Huh??? Folks are listening!!! Besides, too many of the Terrorist Leaders would KNOW they ain't got NO KINNA change in Hell if the Untied States takes out Mr. Colon... (mispelling intended)...

So don't hate, just know, when you're dealing with a Yurugu, you must battle that evil only on a spiritual level...
Old 09-04-2004, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Bush is right on time......

US Official: Osama Capture Nearer

“What I tell people, I would be surprised but not necessarily shocked if we wake up tomorrow and he's been caught along with all his lieutenants."

Joseph Cofer Black
U.S. counterterrorism coordinator

(AP) The United States and its allies have moved closer to capturing Osama bin Laden in the last two months, a top U.S. counterterrorism official said in a television interview aired Saturday.

“If he has a watch, he should be looking at it because the clock is ticking. He will be caught,” Joseph Cofer Black, the U.S. State Department coordinator for counterterrorism, told private Geo television network.

Asked if concrete progress had been made during the last two months, when Pakistan has arrested dozens of terror suspects including some key al Qaeda operatives, Black said, “Yes, I would say this.”

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in641190.shtml
Old 09-04-2004, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

This is so convenient. I told my best friend that Bush is going to pull something dramatic on the eve of the elections. I wouldn't be surprised if Osama bin Laden is "captured" on November 1. Wouldn't that be convenient to get the people to the polls and vote in back in office? Notice how Saddam was captured during a rough patch of time. It was SOOOO important that he be captured, but amazingly, we don't hear anything else about him.....