GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,414
4 members and 1,410 guests
John, shadokat, willTic

Old 08-14-2003, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

...oh, and another thing...

...that pisses me off are the topics in the "Greek Life" section that truly have nothing to do with "Greek Life".

For example, let me pull up the following for the record:

1. "My Peeve" - should be in the chit-chat forum (that whole forum is my "peeve")
2. "Need Advice" - should be in the chit-chat forum
3. "Mixer Ideas" - should be in the social forum
4. "Any Canadians out there?" - should be in the chit-chat forum
5. "Wedding Traditions" - should be in the chit-chat forum

AND....anything having to do with Ebay, get it out of "Greek Life".

Thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves.

P.S., don't forget about those bogus looooonnnnnnggggg signatures that are completely pointless and clog up the GreekChat "airwaves".

Last edited by SigmaChiGuy; 08-14-2003 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MoonStar17
how can the whole chit chat forum be a "peeve" thats my favorite one...such silliness lives there
Old 08-15-2003, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
but wedding traditions seriously belongs in Greek Life....it's all about things different chapters do for their brides.

this thread is my peeve ( no offense inteneded, i just don't really see the need for this thread on two different forums)
Old 08-15-2003, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Somebody Need A Cookie

Old 08-15-2003, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: ...oh, and another thing...

Quote:
Originally posted by SigmaChiGuy
...that pisses me off are the topics in the "Greek Life" section that truly have nothing to do with "Greek Life".

For example, let me pull up the following for the record:

1. "My Peeve" - should be in the chit-chat forum (that whole forum is my "peeve")
2. "Need Advice" - should be in the chit-chat forum
3. "Mixer Ideas" - should be in the social forum
4. "Any Canadians out there?" - should be in the chit-chat forum
5. "Wedding Traditions" - should be in the chit-chat forum

AND....anything having to do with Ebay, get it out of "Greek Life".

Thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves.

P.S., don't forget about those bogus looooonnnnnnggggg signatures that are completely pointless and clog up the GreekChat "airwaves".

lol. maybe they thought that the responses from greeks would be apart of everyday greek life. i dont know. but your complaint is definitely valid.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:47 AM

Re: ...oh, and another thing...

Quote:
Originally posted by SigmaChiGuy
Dear Captain Obvious,

The Chit Chat forum was created for topics that don't have to do with Greek Life. If you don't want to read about non-Greek topics DON'T FARKING READ IT.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Ummm wasn't his point that he doesn't want to read about non-Greek topics elsewhere? Avoiding chitchat won't help then given the forums OT messages are posted in. He'd have to avoid Greek Life too.

P.S Maybe "1. "My Peeve" - should be in the chit-chat forum (that whole forum is my "peeve")" means the forum is tailor made for peeve posts rather than him dsaying that the forum per se is a peeve of his.

Either way things sould be a damn site easier to find if they were placed on their respective forums; the Greek Life forum has in excess of 75 thousand posts. The limited search functionality only goes so far.

"P.S., don't forget about those bogus looooonnnnnnggggg signatures that are completely pointless and clog up the GreekChat "airwaves"." Yeah to that. All these people need to do is go to any 'Net search engine and type the words netiquette and signature, to learn not to do this. And if we reluctantly have to bring this up then *we're* called rude
Old 08-15-2003, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

I find the signatures annoying as well, so I set up my preferences so I don't see any signatures. That was easy enough.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by decadence
Ummm wasn't his point that he doesn't want to read about non-Greek topics elsewhere? Avoiding chitchat won't help then given the forums OT messages are posted in. He'd have to avoid Greek Life too.

P.S Maybe "1. "My Peeve" - should be in the chit-chat forum (that whole forum is my "peeve")" means the forum is tailor made for peeve posts rather than him dsaying that the forum per se is a peeve of his.

Either way things sould be a damn site easier to find if they were placed on their respective forums; the Greek Life forum has in excess of 75 thousand posts. The limited search functionality only goes so far.
The problem is that, had he actually read any of the posts he was complaining about, he would have realized that most of them were in the appropriate forums. "My peeve" was about stereotyping sorority girls as blonde and snobby/being made fun of for not having the stereotypical girls, "Wedding traditions" was about GLO wedding traditions, and "Need advice" was a question about whether or not one could wear one of your GLO's pins bought off Ebay instead of returning it to HQ. It could even be argued that the Canadian thread was fine in the Greek Life forum because it was asking about Canadian Greeks. So the only one that was really out of place was the one on Mixer Ideas.

It might have been a legitimate complaint if the point he was making was . . . well, legitimate, but since it wasn't, who cares? Besides, does it really bother people that much that one of the posts was not in the right forum? So you click on it, realize you're not interested and click the "back" button, wasting perhaps ten seconds of your time? Is your time really SO important as to make this a big deal?
Old 08-15-2003, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
SigmaChiGuy...

If you don't like the way things are run here, why not set up your own message board. That way you'll have complete control ovr everything, and then you won't have these kinds of complaints.
Old 08-15-2003, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
I find the signatures annoying as well, so I set up my preferences so I don't see any signatures. That was easy enough.
Amen, sistah!
Old 08-15-2003, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Cry Me A River

Old 08-15-2003, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

PiPhi,

Don't get me wrong, GC is a great place and it would be very difficult, at best, to compete with if another site were to be created (we have all seen that).

I am glad that there are people who feel the same way I do. I could go search through every thread and get a report back to you in the year 2005, of all the threads that don't belong in Greek Life.

Its called housekeeping, simple as that. Maybe the mods. should do a little more of that.

PS, Arya - thanks for the cookies, and the pic - J.T. is such a wonderful singer!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Pi Phi
SigmaChiGuy...

If you don't like the way things are run here, why not set up your own message board. That way you'll have complete control ovr everything, and then you won't have these kinds of complaints.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Pi Phi
SigmaChiGuy...

He did. Didn't you see in his old sig that he had a fan club on yahoo?

KLTC
Old 08-16-2003, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

"Five inches of hunka hunka burnin' love, baby!"