GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,449
0 members and 1,449 guests
No Members online

Old 11-22-2004, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Pistons/Pacers: The Aftermath

I did not see the game, but WOW!!

The aftermath is pretty severe in terms of suspensions. Artest (had never heard of him before this incident) has been suspended for the rest of the season. I know this has been the hot topic all weekend and will continue for weeks to come. In case you were TVless and in an isolation chamber all weekend, here is the article: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._pistons_brawl

Too severe? Just right? Needs more punishment? what are your thoughts?
Old 11-22-2004, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kiml122
I didn't see the game, but I did see the madness over and over again and again over the weekend. Ron Artest is a straight up knucklehead.

Be Breezy - Calvin from "House of Payne"
Old 11-22-2004, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Bizarre situation.

Ron Artest needs help. You can't go in the stands (unless someone has your family member in a headlock) PERIOD. I'm not really buying the argument that Artest felt his "manhood" was challenged by the fans, because he had Ben Wallace right in front of him and managed to keep his manhood in check on that.

Players have to realize they are "walking moneybags." These fans, if not facing charges themselves, will likely have civil lawsuits out the azz...

Those fans that were on the court? They got what their hands called for--you go on the court, you get slid past the free-throw line, simple as that.

...sad night for the Association.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 11-22-2004, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

It was a sad situation. When I looked at the tape I saw people consoling their children, covering their eyes. I thought about the ridiculous number of law suits that are going to come out of this. Everyone in the stadium that night are going to try to file suit for emotional distress- especially the people who had young children at the game. I wish I were a lawyer there, I would've been handing out business cards left and right.
Artest is an assclown who needs a good beatdown. He really has anger management issues that he needs to seek counseling for. I have to agree with one of the commentators on ESPN who said that, although all 3 were wrong, the other two players should have received harsher penalties because unlike, Artest, they were not provoked into going into the stands.
Something about this entire incident embarasses me.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SKEEphistAKAte
It was a sad situation. When I looked at the tape I saw people consoling their children, covering their eyes. I thought about the ridiculous number of law suits that are going to come out of this. Everyone in the stadium that night are going to try to file suit for emotional distress- especially the people who had young children at the game. I wish I were a lawyer there, I would've been handing out business cards left and right.
Artest is an assclown who needs a good beatdown. He really has anger management issues that he needs to seek counseling for. I have to agree with one of the commentators on ESPN who said that, although all 3 were wrong, the other two players should have received harsher penalties because unlike, Artest, they were not provoked into going into the stands.
Something about this entire incident embarasses me.
I have only seen the hundreds of replays. Today at lunch the TV was on ESPN and they showed ARTEST's past behavior. This man asked for a month off to promote his rap album. He has now made it to my NIGGERATI list.

There will be a lot of lawsuits, some frivilous, because of this melee.

Did you all know Artest has 4 kids? How old is he?

It low key embarasses me too, Skee.

He definitely needs counseling and anger management intervention.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
^^
RonRon was always on the n****ati list for me, but this clinched it. A completely embarrassing situation and his selfishness basically has tanked Indiana's season.

Artest is just Pookie/RayRay/Man Man/Quantaquavious with money.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

All I can say is it was horrible and I'm glad I wasn't there.

The John Green need his season tickets revoked and his arse kicked.

Artest will have more than enough time to work on his RAP career.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports...54/detail.html

Old 11-22-2004, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm gonna have to join the ranks of those who are embarassed.

Artest is proof that you can take Mookie and Rayray and 'nem out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of Mookie and Rayray and 'nem. I just can't understand how you can be so blessed with talent and financial security, yet be willing to jeopardize it all because someone threw a drink on you. If I made that much money you could puke on me and I wouldn't be phased. Somebody needs to take his overinflated paycheck and give it to some deserving teacher or nurse.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw the end of the game. I was in shock (the mouth open kind). Artest deserves this pounishment. It was the final straw of a long history of bad behavior. Also, JACKSON is also a straight up thug. Sure, the fans were terrible. But again, when you know something will cost you more...just chill. They have a bunch of lawsuits waiting, in addtion to a season or partial season, without pay. The fans will be barred from the arena and possibly prosecuted. Umm, think dummies!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Ron Artest gets paid to play basketball not box.
Fans purchase a ticket to watch not to abuse the players.
Accountability is what it boils down to… Ron will have to account for all the money that is about to go bye, bye because of his inability to control his actions.

As for the fan he works my nerves he had a very smug attitude when speaking with the media. The news by station uncovered a court order that states he (John Green) is not supposed to consume alcohol. There are also reports he was involved in an altercation with Carl Malone in the past. And, he was finally barred from the Palace. So much for the season tickets dumbarse
Old 11-22-2004, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RBL
Quote:
Originally posted by TonyB06
. I'm not really buying the argument that Artest felt his "manhood" was challenged by the fans, because he had Ben Wallace right in front of him and managed to keep his manhood in check on that.

That's my point too... He didn't feel threatened at all. I'm not even sure he saw who threw the beer on him(based on the way he was laying on the table).

Was the punishment severe? not for Artest. I think Stephen Jackson needs to sit out a season too he was just as bad as Artest jumping into the stands and swingin.

Ironic how a few weeks ago he wanted time off to work on a rap CD, now he has almost a year to work on that CD... see there is a silver lining
Old 11-22-2004, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
I was shocked and embarrassed too. But I was kinda at the media here in Michigan and how they just made Ben Wallace out to be some kind of thug!! I mean, every time I saw the footage (up here in the D and in Flint and in Saginaw they are showing it at least 50 times a day!!) I did not see Ben Wallace at all after that foul!! Who was the one in the stands? Artest. Who was the one that punched that guy out? Artest. But who did TV 5 (Saginaw), TV 12 (Flint), and UPN News (Detroit) make out to be the big bad villian? Ben Wallace. That kind of irked me and I really don't like Ben Wallace all that much!!

Hubby did make this comment: If the fighting was between Larry Bird and say, John Paxton would the TV stations be showing the fight footage all day every day?
Old 11-23-2004, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 9dstpm
I was shocked and embarrassed too. But I was kinda at the media here in Michigan and how they just made Ben Wallace out to be some kind of thug!! I mean, every time I saw the footage (up here in the D and in Flint and in Saginaw they are showing it at least 50 times a day!!) I did not see Ben Wallace at all after that foul!! Who was the one in the stands? Artest. Who was the one that punched that guy out? Artest. But who did TV 5 (Saginaw), TV 12 (Flint), and UPN News (Detroit) make out to be the big bad villian? Ben Wallace. That kind of irked me and I really don't like Ben Wallace all that much!!

Hubby did make this comment: If the fighting was between Larry Bird and say, John Paxton would the TV stations be showing the fight footage all day every day?
Ben Wallace, who isn't a thug, did overact. Artest gave a hard, but not flagrant, foul. Afterward, Wallace did throw a wristband or towel at Artest as he lay on the scorer's table. The bigger question is why are your stars on the floor in a 14-point game with 45.9 seconds left? Scrubs usually don't fight. Given the heated rivalry, in a decided game like that, your high-priced talent should have been on the bench.

...but the players', and fans', actions are on them, nobody else.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 11-23-2004, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to msn4med1975 Send a message via Yahoo to msn4med1975
Umm maybe it depends on the station but I got no thuggery from Wallace here, in Lansing, but I got a whole mess of Artest acting a monkey as my soror would say. I know that the Pacers are appealing but it's a waste of time and energy with respect to Artest. Even if they got him back before the season ended it would more than likely just be a few games. Stephen Jackson will MAYBE get his reduced a few games and feasibly Jermaine O'neal could have his reduced. But if they did that then they would pretty much have to let Wallace back in RIGHT now. He should have gotten two games automatically for the fight but after that he was low key and out of it.

Tony you are right about benching your star talent but Indiana really couldn't do that. Six of their players were already on injured reserve, leaving them with the 5 starters and four back ups but as they spent so much money on ALL of them no matter who was on the court they would have been hurting for talent after that fight.
Old 11-23-2004, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Artest speaks out: It just ain't fair!

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

INDIANAPOLIS — Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest said Tuesday he wishes he hadn’t gotten into a fight with fans but feels his season-ending suspension was too harsh.
“I don’t think it was fair — that many games,” Artest said in an interview with NBC’s “Today” show. “I respect (NBA Commissioner) David Stern’s decisions, but I don’t think I should have been out for the whole season.”

It was Artest’s first national interview since he was suspended for charging into the stands and fighting with fans late in Friday night’s game against the Detroit Pistons in Auburn Hills, a Detroit suburb. The suspension amounts to 72 games in an 82-game season, and means he will lose about $5 million.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/bre...p-218918c.html