GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,299
2 members and 1,297 guests
No Members online

Old 10-07-2000, 01:04 AM
NEW ZTA

Post SISTER TIME

I JUST JOINED A NEW SORORITY, BUT I DON'T TALK TO ANY OF MY SISTERS ON THE PHOME OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT YET. WE REALLY DON'T GO OUT UNLESS IT IS A WHOLE SORORITY EVENT. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU WHO HAVE BEEN IN A SORORITY FOR AWHILE CAN REMEMBER WHEN U STARTED TO TALKING TO OTHER MEMBERS ON THE PHONE. JUST COMPARING SITUATIONS.
Old 10-07-2000, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
Not everyone is "phone friendly" so it could be that you never chat for hours on the phone with your new sisters.

If you are worried about getting to know the chapter (or just the other new members in your class), set aside a night every week and invite a different bunch of them to go out for coffee & dessert or make plans to attend an event together. Not only will you meet more people, your new sisters will really be impressed with your desire to get to know them.

Best of luck!

Zeta Love,
Barbara
ZTA Alumna
http://tallahasseezta.tripod.com
Old 10-08-2000, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
I agree with Barbara. This is the perfect opportunity to become a leader in your new member class. This goes a LONG way when time comes to elect new chairs and officers. People will remember you bringing them together and hold you in high regard. Everyone else may be a bit scared too, so take control and start becoming friends!!!!!

[This message has been edited by sigmagrrl (edited October 08, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by sigmagrrl (edited October 08, 2000).]
Old 10-11-2000, 12:06 AM

It takes a little while to get to know all the girls in your sorority. And, yes, it can be very hard at first. One of the easiest ways to get to know all the girls is to get involved in the chapter. Run for an office or play intramural sports for your sorority. Go to all the socials and date functions. You probably won't end up being "best friends" with every girl in the sorority. But, if you give it time, you'll probably meet a few girls who'll you'll make lasting friendships with! The best of luck and zeta love!

[This message has been edited by ZTAngel (edited October 10, 2000).]