Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,375
2 members and 1,373 guests
John, naraht

Old 05-26-2002, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to valleygirl22
advice

Hi guys! I'm transferring to Cal State Bakersfield this summer and I was thinking about rushing Gamma Phi Beta. I was just wanting any advice you guys can give me on rushing and all that sorority life entails. I'm also planning to have a job and I was wondering if that would be a problem. I've looked at the CSUB chapter of Gamma Phi Beta and they all seem like really nice girls and i think it would be great fun! My grandma was a Gamma Phi and I know how proud it would make her if i joined it. I've read some of your guys posts and you all seem really fun and i would love to be part of Greek Life. Any advice or stories you want to share would be great! Thanks!
Old 05-27-2002, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

It's awesome that you're interested in your grandma's sorority, but I want to remind you that you really should keep your options open when thinking about rushing a sorority. It's a big commitment, and you shouldn't just be narrowing the field to a house just because you're a legacy. And, you don't know what the house is like until you're there and you're meeting the girls, so get rid of any preconceived ideas. I'm not at CSUB and I am not familiar with their chapter, and nationally Gamma Phi is a great organization, but so are lots of others! Anyway, have fun and be careful with rush--and remember that it's ok if you don't exactly click with a house that you're a legacy for...no one's pushing you to join it just because of history! Sure, your grandma would be proud if you joined her house, but I promise you, she'd be just as proud if you joined another one, as long as you're happy! Hope this helps you out
Old 05-27-2002, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

thank you!

hey, i just wanted to say thank you so much for your encouragement. i'll totally keep an open mind with all the houses and hope that i click with one. wish me luck!
Old 06-23-2002, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

valleygirl I PMed you!!
Old 06-25-2002, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

hi!

ok, i'm dumb.......what's PMed?? Have a great day!
Old 06-26-2002, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

haha its a private message... from the main page, click on the "forums" button.. near the top of the page you should see 6 buttons on the right... click on the one that says user cp... then click on the "private messaging" button... you should be able to see it