GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 978
2 members and 976 guests
Sciencewoman

Old 07-31-2011, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

FGCU recruitment help

Hi everyone, I'm planning on going through formal recruitment this fall at FGCU. Does anyone have anyone advice? I am new to this and don't really know what is involved? I see a lot of people talking about recs but I don't really have any family or close friends in a sorority. Does fgcu recomend them? How competitive is recruitment? Is there anyone from fgcu or who has gone through recruitment that can help me out?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

fgcu greeklife is not to the point where pnms are expected to have recommendations yet. if you have them, great, if you don't, don't worry about it. as greek life continues to grow and more sororities are added, that will change.

there are only 4 sororities at fgcu, which i haved listed in chronological order: Tri Delta, Zeta Tau Alpha, Chi Omega and Kappa Delta.

All offer great sisterhood. You should find the one where you feel the most comfortable and think you would fit in the best.

there will be lots of tent talk-try not to listen to it. most often, girls sharing their "knowledge" about each chapter don't know what the heck they are talking about and are only repeating inaccurate rumors.

recruitment is held after school begins, so you will need to plan ahead for any studying, papers or tests that may occur during recruitment. good luck!

(i am a chapter advisor there)
Old 07-31-2011, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

i'll be going through recruitment this fall at FGCU too! I'm from out of state so I will know absolutely no one, so I'm looking forward to meeting new people!
Old 08-01-2011, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

FSUZeta.. Thank you so much for your help! do you know how competitieve their recruitment is?

PNM20111..I'm from out of state as well! I'm transferring from up north and I don't know anyone either. I'm so excited to go through recruitment and meet tons of people!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGCU12011 View Post
FSUZeta.. Thank you so much for your help! do you know how competitieve their recruitment is?

PNM20111..I'm from out of state as well! I'm transferring from up north and I don't know anyone either. I'm so excited to go through recruitment and meet tons of people!
standard. you need to have a good gpa, present yourself well, be able to carry on a conversation, have some extra-curricular activities and give each group a chance. since recruitment begins after classes have started, you need to be mindful of how you act on and off campus. all the chapters are very welcoming and none are easy to stereo-type-they each have a nice mix of campus leaders, book worms, and everything in between.