Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,435
4 members and 1,431 guests
Cookiez17, IllyPolly

Old 05-11-2005, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

recruitment parties

Hey there ladies, I'm kind of desperate for some ideas. I was recently *yesterday* asked to be a party chair for fall and my party needs to be planned by june 1st. I have the first round party, which is fine, but there is a slight problem. I would just use the theme we have used the past 3 years, which is hawaiian, but 2 other chapters on campus did that last year, and we are moving into a brand new house and none of our decorations can really transfer. day one is philanthropy day, so some girls were thinking about going all green and white and doing something w/shamrock, but I'm not so sure that will give the best impression to the pnms.

Anyway, to the question: What are some day one themes that have worked well for your chapters?? Or does anyone have any good ideas *because my mind is drawing a blank*? Thanks!!!

aot,
steph
Old 05-20-2005, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDwxgrrl
I think you haven't gotten a reply because we're all confused. Is this informal recruitment or structured formal?
Old 05-20-2005, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

It's structured formal recruitment. The parties aren't actually until October, but nationals make us send in a report on june 1st with the party completely planned in advance. I'm just kind of curious as to what works with other chapters...
Old 05-22-2005, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDwxgrrl
Well I think it depends on your structured formal recruitment guidelines - do you have a skit night and other things? For formal recruitment, we're not allowed to have a "theme" for the first (open house) round. The second round is philanthropy, and we have a Girl Scout theme. Our nametags are each of a Girl Scout in a uniform that looks like us (i.e., mine had short blonde hair b/c I have short blonde hair), we show a video where we're working with Girl Scouts, and we make friendship bracelets for the Girl Scouts. I always thought it worked well b/c most girls remember being a Girl Scout at some point, and we get good feedback on it. For skit night we do an MTV theme, because that's what our skit it based on.

Our informal has a lot more "themes" - besides a luau, we also do a s'more night, where we have a small fire outside and roast marshmallows - but I'm betting that's against the rules for formal recruitment, to go outside. We also do a Mexican fiesta, where we decorate accordingly, everyone wears bright, "going-out" tops and black pants, and we have mini taquitos and other stuff to eat. That always looks pretty cute.