» Online Users: 1,390
1 members and 1,389 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 09-06-2004, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to PRODIGAL_SON1
New Fraternities And Sororities

FRAT,

EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE ONLY 9 TRADITIONALLY AFRICAN AMERICAN FRATERNITIES AND SORORITIES RECOGNIZED BY THE NPHC, THERE ARE DOZENS OF REGIONAL FRATERNITIES THAT STILL IN OPERATION TODAY. FOR INSTANCE, I WAS SEARCHING THE NET THE OTHER DAY AND CAME ACROSS A FRATERNITY ESTABLISHED IN 1996 NAMED GAMMA PHI ETA AND THEIR SISTER ORGANIZATION CHI GAMMA PHI. MY QUESTION IS WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THESE ORGANIZATIONS. A LOT OF PEOPLE HERE DON'T TAKE NEW THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY. HELL, THEY'RE JUST NOW GETTING USED TO US. DO YOU THINK THERE IS ROOM FOR MORE THAN NINE?
Old 09-07-2004, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Personally, I don't have a problem w/ any of these orgs that are springing up on a daily basis. Hell, the only time I hear about these orgs is on forums like these. Whatever their purpose and objectives are, I'm positive that it will not affect any of us in the D9. There is enough room for all us to coexist and accomplish our respective goals and objectives. If any of these orgs seek admittance into the NPHC, they will have to go through the same process we went through and it will have to get voted upon. I just think that is not on their "things to do list".
Old 07-10-2005, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Right where I want to start Fresh and move futher from...
Send a message via Yahoo to Pearls4Life
There is room at the Inn

Personally speaking, expansionis good. Now as far as in addition to the Divine 9....well any organization that has a greek name does not make stand for the same things. I am open to connections with greeks that serve communities. We may not be on the same page but our community actions make us affiliated with one another. There are all kind of greek organizations out there that stand for different things and represent things I would never , ever want to be a part of.

Greek organizations are good and some not so good. Personally speaking of course.

"Success is by "DESIlRE" !!!!!
Old 07-11-2005, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I respect those new organizations that have a sincere desire to make a difference in the lives of others and strive to assist their members in being the best people they can be. It was not too long ago that we were considered an "upstart" too and because our mission was true, we have thrived.

Do something to better our society and humanity in general....that gets my respect.

wait a minute? This IS my signature.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BDKool-Aid
I don't have a problem with it ... I went to a school that has six frats on the yard, only two were National and IOTA's was the only D9. We all serve our purpose on the campus, and gave the students a variety of choices.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ONE-DERemerald
Thumbs up Hi

I think there is room for more than nine. But there should be a process for those that are not included in the nine to become apart of the NPHC. I am a member of Emeralds of Phi Eta Psi. We were established in 1965. We have been around for a while and we barely get recognized and I think it is because we are not in the NPHC.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by ONE-DERemerald
I think there is room for more than nine. But there should be a process for those that are not included in the nine to become apart of the NPHC. I am a member of Emeralds of Phi Eta Psi. We were established in 1965. We have been around for a while and we barely get recognized and I think it is because we are not in the NPHC.
There is a process (a stringent process, but one well suited for such a distinction). Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc. went through the process in order to become a member of the NPHC on November 12, 1996 and formally inducted in 1997.

Phi Eta Psi, if formally interested in membership in the NPHC, should contact the NPHC HQ and check out the NPHC website at http://www.nphchq.org.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink Thanks

Thank you, I am going to look into that and talk it over with my frat brothers. I would like to see us recognize as well. Do you know how the Emeralds can get their own letters? I have been trying to research this as well. If you have any information, that would be great.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Thanks

Quote:
Thank you, I am going to look into that and talk it over with my frat brothers. I would like to see us recognize as well. Do you know how the Emeralds can get their own letters? I have been trying to research this as well. If you have any information, that would be great.
All of this you must talk about with the men of Phi Eta Psi and your fellow Emeralds.

Old 07-29-2005, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation I know

I know that already... We are trying to find out where to go to get information about getting our own letters! I don't know exactly where to look or go.

Oh trust I would not do any of this if I wasn't consulting my frat brothers and sisters. Thanks for you insight though. I appreciate it!
Old 07-29-2005, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: I know

Quote:
I know that already... We are trying to find out where to go to get information about getting our own letters! I don't know exactly where to look or go.

Oh trust I would not do any of this if I wasn't consulting my frat brothers and sisters. Thanks for you insight though. I appreciate it!
Again, you should ask Phi Eta Psi how they went about the creation of their organization. I don't know if anyone per se on GC or otherwise that can advise you since the majority of us did not create our GLOs.

Check out these forums:

Up & Coming GLOs
http://forums.greekchat.com/gcforums...s=&forumid=186

Locals
http://forums.greekchat.com/gcforums...s=&forumid=184

Good luck.

Old 08-27-2005, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IOTA-4A'88F
Most definitely, there is room for any greek letter organization that wants to uplift people. Iota Phi Theta is happy to be in the NPHC but for many of years, we flourished by standing on our own. Our popularity didn't start when we came back into the NPHC family. If PHI ETA PSI FRATERNITY, GAMMA PHI ETA FRATERNITY AND THEIR SISTER ORGANIZATION CHI GAMMA PHI are not necessarily being recognized by others don't look at it as a dis, but as a working tool to make them respect you more. We as Iotas are unfortunately still trying to be recognized in some parts but that is what makes us work even harder. And the ones that really benefit are the communities and programs we are involved in. Stay strong.
Marcus IKA Quiet Storm
4A88FA-Morgan State University
Alpha Omega Graduate Chapter
Baltimore, Maryland

P.S. Joint ventures such as mixers and community service projects are great opportunities to bond and get recognized.