GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,586
0 members and 1,586 guests
No Members online

Old 11-10-2002, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Local's badges/pins

I posted this on the locals page but got no hits.

I really enjoyed hearing about everyone's pin, but didn't see any one representing trheir local/regional group.

If you're in a local-please post what your pin/badge looks like. I've seen only one posted on here. I'd love to know what Theta Nu Xi, Z-Chi, Kappa Gamma Betas etc. looks like.

If you don't have one, do you use ribbons or something else? PM me if you don't want to psot here.
Thanks!!!
Old 11-11-2002, 09:59 AM

I see that you are again getting no responses

My local, Sigma Iota Phi, no longer exists (having become a chapter of AEPhi) but here's what we had.

Our badge was the Greek letters in silver, set in sequence, with an amethyst in the circle of the phi. At one point we got "Alpha chapter" guards. Unfortunately I don't have a picture.

We had pledge rings instead of pins. This was a deliberate decision on the part of the founders - to do something different from what other GLOs did. The pledge rings were plain silver with 1 malachite and 2 amethyst beads. The amethyst was our official jewel, and our colors were green and purple, hence the malachite. During your pledge period you were required to wear the ring at all times. After initiation you could wear it whenever you chose except during a subsequent class's pledge period.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

The local I advise, Mu Phi Gamma, has a really neat badge. It's a silver sword, about 1/2 inch long with an amethyst in the pommel and the letters MFG as the crossbar of the hilt. If I can find a picture I'll post one.

Greekgrrl
Old 11-11-2002, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

wow

Both of those sound really beautiful. Pledge rings? I love it!!!!!

Tell me more
Old 11-11-2002, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

There was another thread on this just recently with pics ... maybe try a search?
Old 11-11-2002, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I tried

I did a search on this and no locals/regionals posted on it. It was full of Sigma Nu's and ADPi's and stuff like that. I think Alpha Theta Chi posted-that was the only local I saw. If you find a better thread though let me know!
Old 11-11-2002, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I'll ask my dad what his local fraternity's badge looked like. I've never seen it, but I ran across the guard at one point and instead of having Greek chapter letters, it just had the year he graduated ('64).
Old 11-11-2002, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
There's a Kappa Gamma Beta? That was our local before we became Phi Mu!

KLTC
Old 11-11-2002, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I think....

I think she meant Kappa Beta Gamma. (that would be very funny to be part of the KGB-hee hee) Kappa Beta Gamma was an NPC group but isn't now-I'n not sure why. But someone on here from that org posts sometimes -KBGBootie or something I believe. Anyway-I could be worng but I think thats what she meant. But I'd love to know what Z-chi and Theta Nu Xi's badges looked like too.
Old 11-11-2002, 11:38 PM
Banned

I have seen a Kappa Beta Gamma pin. It's a gold version of their coat of arms.

On a side note, Kappa Beta Gamma has never been a part of NPC (only ever had a max of 8 chapters at any one time - or so). From the information on their website they are HOPING to join NPC when they reach the minimum of 14 chapters.

Sarah
Old 11-12-2002, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Z-Chi Pin

Wow, how cool that people want to know what our pin looks like Well, I don't have a picture of it (i have pics w/ people wearing it, so maybe I can crop a pic and post it). Our pin we have is the exact same pin that our Founders designed. It's very simple. It is square in shape and is about the size of a thumb nail (very small). It's black and etched in gold are our letters and our symbol, the Unicorn. That's it! This pin is worn by Associate Members and is theirs to keep if they are initiated.
Right now, we are actually working on designs for a pin to be given after a woman is initiated. So once that is done, I'll post it on here. It will most likely be our crest or perhaps our letters w/ our sorority flower (Peach Rose) around it. We don't know yet! But it's going to be quite fun designing a new pin!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Kappa Beta Gamma's pin

Actually, the gold version of our crest is the pin for our national officers, not our pin/badge. Our sister pin/badge is gold with sapphires and pearls. In the middle, the greek letters Kappa Beta Gamma are engraved in gold on a black background. Sapphires and pearls surround that and a chapter guard is attached. The shape of the pin is a little hard to describe, you would have to see it. The new member pin is a small shield with blue and gold diagonal stripes.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Our pledge pin is a gold rose in full bloom (as the girls are learning to bloom into full womanhood and membership and the white rose is our flower).

Our current active pin is the words TAU DELTA written in script, with a rose under the Delta in silver.

Apparently, our original pins are a "circle of pearls" (the last line of our sorority song ends, "we will be true as through life we go, wearing the circle of pearls.") Im going to try to find a picture of it or osmeone wearing it, as I want to either find one or have one made. See also : my challenge