Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,181
3 members and 1,178 guests
LaneSig, Xidelt

Old 06-16-2001, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Post In Memory of Lisa Frank.....

I am an Alumna of the Epsilon Xi Chapter of Delta Phi Epsilon at SUNY Oswego in Oswego, NY. I am also the Chapter Advisor. Approximately 11yrs. ago we lost our dear Sister, Lisa Frank to Leukemia. As I was informed, attempts to find her a Bone Marrow match for a transplant failed. Sisters continue to greive her loss today. As tradition has it, at the end of each Chapter meeting we close with "In Memory of Lisa Frank.....Pray For Us". Next Spring (2002) the Epsilon Xi Chapter of DPhiE will be hosting a Blood Drive to honor the life of Lisa Frank and to commemorate the 11yr. Anniversary since her passing. The purpose of the blood drive is to collect blood samples to be submitted to a National Bone Marrow Registry. Once submitted, DNA will be tested to find potential bone marrow matches for individuals in need of a Bone Marrow Transplant. The efforts to organize this event are tremendous and includes an awesome amount of fundraising. The cost of the event is $75-80/donor. What I would like to know is if other chapters have sponsored a similar event and how did you go about raising funds? I would also be interested in hearing creative and effective fundraising ideas in general that may help us raise the funds needed to make this event successful. Thank you and God Bless!