Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,465
2 members and 1,463 guests
John

Old 09-30-2004, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Oprah pulls "Voting" show

After several conservative radio shows read the transcript from Wednesday's show, the transcript has been removed from Oprah's "for sale" site.

The overtly biased show - reportedly pulled together by Norman Lear, who was in the audience - included a comment by a young mediocre movie star that "rape will be legalized" if Bush is re-elected.

I suppose we'll see a bunch more "get out the vote" shows, which only want Democrats to "get out and vote", in the next 30 days.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Oprah pulls "Voting" show

Quote:
Originally posted by hoosier
I suppose we'll see a bunch more "get out the vote" shows, which only want Democrats to "get out and vote", in the next 30 days.
Oh, get over it.

The only reason this kind of thing would outrage anyone in either party is that they didn't think of it first.

Or hadn't you noticed that both sides are equal opportunity jerks in this campaign?
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:49 PM
cutiepatootie

I was watching "good day live" on Fox this morning and Patricia Richardson from "strong Medicine"( the home improvement mom) was making some very strong political views and get out the vote pitches be known on the show this morning and saying how if Bush is re elected it would be in a sense setting women's issues back and so forth ...i didn't really pay attention to it this morning but now i read ths post......it is all pre debate grandstanding by celebrities in support of their candidates.

I actually am not sure as of this moment where i stand on who to vote for as i was leaning one way i am kinda of nutral and hoping the debate will firm up and direct me which way no matter what i am registered as. I know get out the vote is important either way i know i will vote....besides president some very important calif issues as well.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:52 PM

I'm already so sick of this campaign I could throw up.
Old 09-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Oprah pulls "Voting" show

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltAlum
Oh, get over it.

The only reason this kind of thing would outrage anyone in either party is that they didn't think of it first.

Or hadn't you noticed that both sides are equal opportunity jerks in this campaign?
It's sad that the Democrats have spent so much and are such huge supporters of these awful and vicious outside attacks and lies, isn't it?

-Rudey
Old 09-30-2004, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh, get over it.
Exactly.

Dude, Oprah has her own talk show and can be as biased as she damn well pleases.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Agree. Let them be as biased as they want. Guess who it helps in the end.
Cameron Diaz coming on and making a REALLY brilliant remark about "if you think that rape should be legal" then don't vote or some such inane tripe should be all OVER the airwaves.

I'm not surprised. CD should be soooo glad she has money in the bank. I bet not even Drew Barrymore (sitting next to her) could make sense of what she said. And that is SCARY.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by AnchorAlum
Agree. Let them be as biased as they want. Guess who it helps in the end.
Cameron Diaz coming on and making a REALLY brilliant remark about "if you think that rape should be legal" then don't vote or some such inane tripe should be all OVER the airwaves.

I'm not surprised. CD should be soooo glad she has money in the bank. I bet not even Drew Barrymore (sitting next to her) could make sense of what she said. And that is SCARY.
Cameron Diaz said that? Yeah she's really one for upholding the image of women in society with that sex video of her floating around.

-Rudey
Old 10-01-2004, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I didn't know what the hell she was talking about when she made that statement (I think even Oprah was confused). She didn't make much sense the whole time she was on the show. But, the other celebs on there actually sounded informed. I didn't see the program as being biased either way. They were just trying to get people to vote period.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:21 PM

Was the show even pulled? I think it aired in my area.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Embarassed?

Apparently Oprah is embarassed by the biased show.

She doesn't want anyone else to get the transcript, and tell the truth about her show.

All other Oprah show transcripts are available.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Actually, the transcript has not been removed from the site. You can order it or download it...the link is on the page about that show.

Here you go!

Unless they're hiding things on the site, it doesn't look like it was very biased. The quotes were about voting in general.

Anyone actually see the show?
Old 10-01-2004, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw part of the show. I ended up changing the channel because they didn't say anything that hasn't been said before. I don't think the general public is going to change their vote based on what Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and forgettable actress name has to say.

It wasn't biased from what I saw. The last celebrity to come out was P.Diddy wearing his "Vote or Die" tshirt. He explained his reasons behind urging people to go to the polls.

All Oprah did was provide a forum to urge people to vote.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Oprah pulls "Voting" show

Quote:
Originally posted by hoosier
After several conservative radio shows read the transcript from Wednesday's show, the transcript has been removed from Oprah's "for sale" site.
Out of curiousity, where did you get this information?
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Out of curiousity, where did you get this information?
Probably from the Council of Conservative Citizens.