GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,137
1 members and 1,136 guests
GammaGirl1908

Old 07-25-2004, 02:33 AM
GreekChat Member

any cute RHO CHI reveals?

i was wondering how your rho chis on your campus reveal themselves. like do they just go in groups and say what chapter theyre in or do they have a little chant they say? im asking cuz at my school before the rho chis even reveal themselves the names of their recruitment counselors are on a big sheet of paper and the potentials guess what chapter theyre in. then rho chis go individually and say what sorority. some even switch letters to fool them and then switch back. funny huh?
Old 07-25-2004, 04:29 AM
GreekChat Member

well on my campus its a lil more brutal!!! hahah.

the rho chis wear a sweater or a jacket and then they take em off and run towards their sorority wearing the matching bid day shirt.....but as they are running the whole sorority runs towards that one person and tackle her! The frat guys always get a kick out of it...its fun...nobody really gets injured!!!
Old 07-25-2004, 07:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
the rho chis wear a sweater or a jacket and then they take em off and run towards their sorority wearing the matching bid day shirt.....but as they are running the whole sorority runs towards that one person and tackle her! The frat guys always get a kick out of it...its fun...nobody really gets injured!!!
thats what we do except there's a lot of tears
Old 07-25-2004, 08:50 AM
GreekChat Member

The year I rushed the Rho Chi's @ UK did a cheer during which each Rho Chi was revealed. The cheer was really funny & what is even funnier is the Rho Chi's were wearing T-Shirts of other GLO's. So if you didn't listen in the cheer you probably thought they were in the wrong GLO!
Old 07-25-2004, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
We have bowls and the new New Members are given 4 two colored sheets of paper: 2 red ones for Alpha Phi, 2 blue ones for Gamma Phi Beta. Then they stick them in a bowl that the Recruitment Counselors are standing in front of to guess which sorority. Then the Recruitment Counselors take off the jacket or whatever they're wearing and have their sorority's bid day shirt underneath.

It was funny because when my big sister did it, she had a bowl full of red with one random blue one tossed in. The new girls are usually right, because it's pretty easy to see who fits in with who when there's only 2 sororities.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 07-25-2004, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shima-Mizu
Our Rho Gamma's stand in front while the woman who is in charge of recruitment, starts to tell us of how eager they all are to get back into thier real letters. Thier letters are all upside down and lining the back wall. She finally "frees" them and tells them to all go and get thier letters. So of course to confuse us they all put the wrong letters on. Then she tells us that they're not wearing the right letters and they switch again... into the wrong letters. The third time they're finally all wearing their real letters. THEN we can open our bids.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Are the girls getting hurt?

Quote:
Originally posted by aphibeach
thats what we do except there's a lot of tears
Old 07-25-2004, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to efcheerBB
We didn't do anything that cute. It's sort of boring. The Rho Chi's came to give us our bids individually wearing their letters. We guessed what house they belong to and if we guess correct, they give us some candy...nothing exciting. I wish we did something like I hear at other campuses like the run to your new house, etc...

I was easily able to guess one of my RC's because the sister that was giving me a house tour at my RC's house acted like my RC. I asked my RC about that and she said that the sister who gave me the tour was one of her good friends. It was really cool.

GO GREEN GO WHITE
Old 07-25-2004, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: hot, humid houston . . .how's that for alliteration?
i was a pi chi this past year. we had the girls after every round guess what sorority we were in. then on bid day we met with our girls early. we had on like 5 shirts with the final one with our real letters on it.

when my co-pi chi and i got to the 4th shirt we were like ok that's it. . .they were all so surprised! then we got about half way over to where we were supposed to give out the bids and we revealed our true letters. ha ha ha. . .the looks on their faces were priceless!

One Heart One Way. . .
Old 07-26-2004, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

i dont know how they did it before, since this past year was the first recruitment with a new greek advisors, but at the end of bid day around 7pm we had a panhellenic wide candle light service, and all the Rho Gammas gave these big long winded speeches and revealed themselves, then ran to their groups.

"We are who we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut
Old 07-26-2004, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Just wanted to let you know that there is a Latin sorority called Latinas Promoviendo Comunidad/Lambda Pi Chi Sorority, Inc. and their official nickname is Pi Chi.

I know they don't have any chapters in Colorado, but I just wanted to let you know so that there wouldn't be any confusion between your recruitment counselors and members of this sorority.

Quote:
Originally posted by PSUSigKap
i was a pi chi this past year. we had the girls after every round guess what sorority we were in. then on bid day we met with our girls early. we had on like 5 shirts with the final one with our real letters on it.

when my co-pi chi and i got to the 4th shirt we were like ok that's it. . .they were all so surprised! then we got about half way over to where we were supposed to give out the bids and we revealed our true letters. ha ha ha. . .the looks on their faces were priceless!

Last edited by SIAsensacion; 07-26-2004 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

UCF

UCF's is fun. After all the PNM's have opened their bid cards in (the groups are set up in on building in different classrooms), they are led into a large gym, where they sit in the bleachers according to sorority, under signs the recruitment counselors have made. The new members usually start their own cheer-off where they sing their sorority song loudly, hoping to drown the others out. (During the week, the counselors have taught the PNM's one song for each sorority).

Panhellenic Exec comes out and makes some speeches, thank you's, etc., and the Pan Exec does their reveal. Next, the Recruitment Counselors are announced, with the understanding it is time for their reveal. They come running in, in a loud, unorganized mob (there are between 30 and 40 of them!) wearing the wrong letters, run a quick lap near the new members and run back out, put the right shirt on, come back in and are introduced by sorority and name.

The entire group takes the Panhellenic oath, and then the new members are dismissed by sorority with their newly reaffiliated counselors to run down to Greek Park and be greeted by their chapters for Bid Day activities.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Either almost in Mississippi or almost in Georgia, or traveling in between
Send a message via AIM to bekibug
My group did a sort of "Rho Chi Scavenger Hunt" thing on Pref Day after the parties were over and we'd signed our pref cards. Our Rho Chi left us clues at a few different dorms on the Hill and we had to follow them to find the dorm that her sorority was located in. It was fun things that were clues about different sororities, so for example one was "Go to where the owls hoot and wishes come true to find the last clue," so we headed over to the Chi O dorm to find it. We had guessed her affiliation earlier that week, and only one of us got it. She was a DDD and the only one of us that figured it out pledged there.

Last edited by bekibug; 07-27-2004 at 01:48 AM.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:27 AM
GreekChat Member

after all the bids are distributed on bid day, the rho chi's line up (all still wearing their recruitment tee shirts). Then they go down the line and do a cheer from their house and take off their recruitment shirts to reveal shirts with their letters! Very cute We also do that thing where we try to guess what houses our rho chi's are in!
Old 07-27-2004, 09:18 AM
PoohsHoneyBee

All sororities and fraternities gather behind our main building on campus. The greek advisor will come out and announce each new member's name and the sorority she will be in. The Rho Chis then line up and reveal themselves after the new members yell their guesses. A big surprise this past semester was when our greek advisor was wearing his LXA letters underneath his shirt and revealed himself. Not too many people knew he was greek.