Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,341
4 members and 1,337 guests
Cookiez17, shadokat

Old 01-28-2008, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to skerbow Send a message via MSN to skerbow Send a message via Yahoo to skerbow
ADPI Song CD

Anyone have a copy?? PM Me.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

sherra i pm'd you. i have the cd. anyone else want a copy? pm me your address if so.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

I picked up an ancient copy of an album cut by Alpha Psi (?) on ebay a few months ago - mostly because we once found a copy of it while cleaning out our storage room when I was in school. I'm seriously thinking about having it put onto cd. Is there anyone who would possibly be interested in that? I don't want to put the money into it, unless there are other people interested.

ETA: These aren't the same songs as the current cd. These are ultra-corny, embarrassingly silly songs!

Last edited by honeychile; 01-28-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Ooooorrrr you could buy your own copy of the CD from the Alpha Pi chapter! I can help if anyone's interested...
Old 01-29-2008, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I would love a CD!!

And, Honey, how far back are we talking about?

Are the standards sung by the schools now the same ones we sang back in the seventies? I remember "I Love the Pin," "Little ADPi", "Always," "Boom Boom", "Grandma Was an ADPi," "I Believe in Alpha Delta Pi"...hmm, that's all I can come up with. And are there now new standards that have been added? I would assume so!!!

Anyway, I'd love a CD to take me back to college times! And since I'm not a member of an alumna group, nor help with a chapter (though I'd love to), it's been years since I've heard these.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelleADPi View Post
I would love a CD!!

Are the standards sung by the schools now the same ones we sang back in the seventies? I remember "I Love the Pin," "Little ADPi", "Always," "Boom Boom", "Grandma Was an ADPi," "I Believe in Alpha Delta Pi"...hmm, that's all I can come up with. And are there now new standards that have been added? I would assume so!!!

Anyway, I'd love a CD to take me back to college times! And since I'm not a member of an alumna group, nor help with a chapter (though I'd love to), it's been years since I've heard these.
I advise at Alpha Pi...PM me if you're interested in purchasing a CD (I think we still have some...)
Old 01-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelleADPi View Post
I would love a CD!!

The album I found is very different from the cd ADQtPiMel has (which I also have). The album has the oldies from the Sixties & Seventies - it was made in the 1960's. "One black, two black, eyes like shoeblack" and "Grandma was an ADPI" are on the album; I'd have to look to see the rest. Since I don't have a turntable, I don't even know the condition of it! I did talk to someone who would put it on cd and digitalize it, but I probably won't do it just for myself - it needs to be a cheap thrill for at least two or more ADPis!

The cd has the Creed being sung, which is alone is worth the price!!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
The album I found is very different from the cd ADQtPiMel has (which I also have). The album has the oldies from the Sixties & Seventies - it was made in the 1960's. "One black, two black, eyes like shoeblack" and "Grandma was an ADPI" are on the album; I'd have to look to see the rest. Since I don't have a turntable, I don't even know the condition of it! I did talk to someone who would put it on cd and digitalize it, but I probably won't do it just for myself - it needs to be a cheap thrill for at least two or more ADPis!

The cd has the Creed being sung, which is alone is worth the price!!
Honey, I'm sure I'd love a copy of the songs from the album (I know that some of them are still brought out at Convention, and some of us "younger" alums don't know them!)

And I second the Creed on the CD being great - I have ALWAYS loved that song (my chapter used that during preference )
Old 01-30-2008, 07:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FirstAndFinest
I have bought a few copies of the CD - I now have only a copy bc the collegians lost the ones I bought them.

Honey - I would LOVE a copy of the ALBUM!!! OMG I bet it will bring back memories!!!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Me, too, on the album, Honey but I guess you'll have to check on the price, and how many people you'll really need to buy one. There are a HUGE number of ADPi alums in the town where I live, and I would think I could get at least ten ladies to buy one if i told them we needed a certain amount of people before we can do it. Just a thought.

I think I've told this on the board before, but one family has the grandmother, daughter, two daughters-in-law, and each daughter-in-law has a sister who are ADPis!! All but one go to the same church that I go to. Along the same lines, in my Sunday School class: ADPis (3), AOPi, KD, Zeta, DZ, Phi Mu, 2 Tri Delts, and mother of a Pi Beta Phi. One class next door has 2ADPis, a KD, and a Chi O. I'm sure there are more, even in those two classes, and a bunch more throughout the church. Rec city!!
Old 01-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, I'll check about the album. I'm fairly certain that, if I can get a good cd from it, the boy will make duplicates. Although, since he went to a school without greek life, I can just imagine him hearing, "Grandma was an ADPi, Honey, Honey, Grandma was an ADPi, Babe, Babe..." a few times! He'll be totally convinced that I'm off my rocker!

Y'all will love these songs - we thought they were a hoot back in the day!

BBelle, that must be some church you go to! Is their motto, "We'll move heaven and hell to get you a rec!"?
Old 01-30-2008, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, it sure could be!!

The majority of people are UGA, Ga Tech, and Auburn grads-on certain football weekends, church service attendance tends to run on the low side. The last several pastors have been UGA graduates and/or have had children who attended UGA-so all is well, it's just football season in the south!
Old 02-10-2008, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I have been looking for the ADPi song CD for quite a while seeing as I am the song chair for our chapter... I even emailed someone at Alpha Pi and got no response.

If someone would be willing to send me a copy, PM me- I'd appreciate it!

Old 02-14-2008, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by em_adpi View Post
I have been looking for the ADPi song CD for quite a while seeing as I am the song chair for our chapter... I even emailed someone at Alpha Pi and got no response.

If someone would be willing to send me a copy, PM me- I'd appreciate it!
Contact me and I can get your name to them- I'm their PD and know the right people to contact

ADPi is not for four years, it's for a lifetime!!!

"Let Us Sing to Alpha Delta... to the White and Azure Blue"
Old 02-14-2008, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Skerbow,
I have a funny feeling that you might be getting a CD this weekend. It won't be the one you're asking about, but I bet you'll think it's awesome. I do! You'll see what I mean.....