GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,215
0 members and 1,215 guests
No Members online

Old 11-30-2002, 02:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face Being Called Out:(

My friend called me today and told me about an experience she had....She was at a club meeting and some guy said "I know you want to be an AKA" for no reason in front of several people. (Well I know my friend and she certainly has wanted to be in another org since high school.) So she played it cool and calmly told the guy he didn't know what he was talking about. Well the idiot responded "Yea sure, I know you want to be an AKA" and finally shut his trap and they went back to business. Well unknown to my friend an AKA was at that meeting and got up turned to my friend's friend (who is an Alpha) and said "When you're done talking to the hopefuls get back with me later." After the meeting my friend went to her Alpha friend and asked was the young lady who walked out an AKA he said yes. The Alpha now thinks she wants to be an AKA and so does everyone else who was at the meeting all because of some jerk. She didn't and will never say anything bad about AKA in order to prove she's interested in something else but she doesn't want to be pegged as a switch out either. She asked me for advice and I don't know what to say. Has anyone been caught in a situation like this?
Old 11-30-2002, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Strive
Your friend has a strong composure. I know someone would have responded, what I choose to "pledge" is my business, not yours. Unfortunately, your friend is stuck between a rock and a hard place. The fact that she did not say she did not want to be an AKA makes it harder for her. I understand she did not want to disrespect you by responding. My only advice would be for her to simply smile and say thank you for your interest in my sorority choice. But I have not made a public announcement to which sorority I am interested in. Good Bye.

Once again your friend has strong composure.

That's my $19.20.