GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,122
1 members and 1,121 guests
IllyPolly

Old 05-05-2002, 06:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to hawaiiagd Send a message via Yahoo to hawaiiagd
It's Finally Over

Have missed all of you as I've been away from GC for a while trying to manage my ridiculously busy schedule.... I'm sure you've all been there before... where you've got nothing to do for weeks, then out of nowhere you've got EVERYTHING to do.

Today, we had the Hawaii Alumnae Panhellenic Spring Luncheon. The theme was 100 Years of Wedding Elegance, featuring a fashion show of sorority wedding dresses over time. The oldest dress (which was on display and not modeled) was from 1911 and belonged to a mother of a Delta Zeta. We had dresses covering every decade up to a future bride, who was gracious enough to let us preview her own dress, which she will wear when she gets married later this month.

The show was fabulous, and my lovely Delta Sigma collegians (along with our very own Sandy) did such a wonderful job modeling the dresses and helping out with the event. This bunch never ceases to amaze me with their capabilities... they always make me so very proud.

By the way....be sure to ask Sandy all about her lovely ensemble for the show!!!!!! I've got a great picture I'll have to share when I get the roll developed. LOL

The big event was a great success... and thankfully... over. Now to relax and inventory any sanity I may have left.

Loyally,
Mai Ly

Last edited by hawaiiagd; 05-05-2002 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-05-2002, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Sad I missed it!

I'm already married, but still Sounds B E A U T I F U L!!

Loyally,
Lynn
Old 05-05-2002, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

What a fabulous idea! I just looove wedding dresses...I'm going to go buy myself another one when we renew our vows, lol.

You simply must share the pictures with us when you get them, especially Sandy's!
Old 05-05-2002, 05:06 PM
Unregistered-

Smile

Nooooooo....OMG Mai, you need to burn the pictures of me once you develop em!!! I don't know what I was thinking when I said "YES".... put it this way folx, I was straight outta the Wedding Singer.

I think the best part of yesterday was when a woman at the Pi Phi table started crying as one of the AGDs walked down the aisle. I don't know if the dress was hers, but it must've brought back a lot of memories. Despite the loud ensemble I had on, I had a great time, and I could tell that the Panhellenic Alumnae women enjoyed it too.

Congratulations MaiLy for a job well done. Here's to another term as Panhellenic Alumnae President! Your life should be 80% easier now....YOU GO GIRL!
Old 05-05-2002, 11:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to theta sig agd
That sounds like it was alot of fun!! So did the dresses have fraternal stuff on them or were they just worn by women in fraternities?

I would love to see pics too!
Old 05-06-2002, 01:42 AM
Unregistered-

The dresses were from various sorority women from different organizations. There were even 3 dresses that belonged to a grandma, mom, and daughter...each one had a story to it. The program included wedding photos too! Most of the wedding gowns (and bridesmaid dresses from hell!!) were still in good condition and it was neat to wear them!
Old 05-06-2002, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

What a great idea!!! Sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 05-06-2002, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JenAGD Send a message via Yahoo to JenAGD
That is the best idea I have heard! It sounds like it was so much fun, I would have loved to have been there.

Jen
Old 05-06-2002, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to hawaiiagd Send a message via Yahoo to hawaiiagd
What was really amazing was how willing all of these sorority women were to share their wedding gowns and stories!

As soon as panhellenic made the announcement of the theme, we were just bombarded by women anxious to participate. We actually had to turn some away because we couldn't possibly find enough models or time to display them all! The show would have gone on for hours!

It really was a great time! As many dresses as there were offered, I was thinking it might be fun to do it again in a few years with a new assortment of dresses.... to give the other women a chance to share in the fun!

Perhaps we can find another bridesmaid's dress from hell for Sandy... I'm thinking perriwinkle with the big puffy sleeves and died to match shoes! What do you think Sandy?

Loyally,
Mai Ly
Old 05-07-2002, 12:40 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by hawaiiagd

Perhaps we can find another bridesmaid's dress from hell for Sandy... I'm thinking perriwinkle with the big puffy sleeves and died to match shoes! What do you think Sandy?

Loyally,
Mai Ly
Um...no. I'll pass on that one. No more dresses from hell for Sandy. Time to let another sister join in on the fun.

Seriously Mai...that was such a great show. Hopefully we can get more dresses for another one...hopefully by next year! But don't worry about next year's luncheon. It's time for you to get some rest!!!