GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,317
0 members and 1,317 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to greenfroggy3
Question The UCLA Sororities

Hi everyone! I am really interested in Rushing at UCLA. My sister is at SJSU right now rushing for her sorority, so i hear all the talk about those sororities. The ones with all the drama, the pretty girls, and the laid back cool girls.
I guess i'm wondering if anyone can give me an "inside" look at the sororities. I know that Rush is to get you acquainted with everyone, and thats really exciting and i'm looking forward to that. I'm just wondering what really sets every sorority apart. What would people on Campus say if you got into a certain sorority. I'm also wondering if there is say perhaps a "really drama oriented" sorority? I understand that we are all girls and that drama happens, just some places it happens more than others. I guess just talking to someone would help me.
Thank you all for your time, and have fun at your own Sororities!
Old 09-12-2005, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Honey, there isn't any such thing as a non-"drama-oriented" sorority.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: The UCLA Sororities

Quote:
Originally posted by greenfroggy3
What would people on Campus say if you got into a certain sorority.
Rule #1 of Life: Don't waste your time worrying about what anybody is going to say about whatever it is you do.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to greenfroggy3
Thanks for your responses. I'm not really concerned about what people are saying about me, I'm more concerned about what others are saying of my friends i guess, it really irks me when people don't just face their own issues. I'm more of the mother hen of my friends, and really stick my neck out for them, but lately its been getting more drama out here at home, and i'm not sure if i can do it on a bigger scene.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it is fairly safe to say that every chapter of every sorority has it's own issues at one time or another. I'm not sure how many women are in each chapter at UCLA, but if you put more than 10 girls together, not everyone is going to agree about everything that comes up. That's the beauty of compromise, and sometimes having to put your own issues aside for the greater good of the group is part of sorority life.

During rush you learn first-hand what sets each chapter apart -- one chapter may go above and beyond in philanthropy than the others, one may go above and beyond in academics, or intramurals or have the past 100 homecoming queens, or whatever...
Old 09-12-2005, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I would say that the best impression you can really get from the sororities is talking to the girls during rush and seeing which house you feel the most comfortable in.

My biggest words of advice are to not let the other girls in your rush group influence your decision. UCLA has 11 great houses, all of which have all different types of girls (when you have houses with over 60 girls you're going to get a lot of different personalities in the house).

I have found that the drama in college is much less than the drama there was in high school. I have friends in almost all of the houses on campus; I would not say that drama in any house is really a lot higher than any other house.

Good luck, and hope you have a great time!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow I love the smell of fresh troll in the Fall.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Phew! Not me! Let's close this for awhile so I won't wake up tomorrow to a thread that insults various sororities at UCLA.
Closed Thread