» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,499
0 members and 1,499 guests
No Members online

Old 07-11-2001, 03:05 AM

Thumbs down When random everyday stuff reminds u of that special someone u lost...

Don't u guys just hate that when it happens? I like to think that I am getting better at this getting over him thingie but when I see stuff, no matter how small or insignificant, and it reminds me of our "past" then I just temporarily falter, get weak in the knees, ya know it.

I pass by this parking lot of an apartment complex EVERYDAY. We used to park there and just talk,chill or just stare at the stars in silence. I try not to look at it but I still know that I pass by it so yeah,its no fun.

I spent the past weekend in Chicago w/ my family.The idea of the city already reminds me of him coz he grew up there and goes to school there now but going to his fave places (Navy Pier,aquarium) got me a lil down. Then as if that wasnt enough, this bus passes by right as I leave Nordstrom (and I thought I felt better coz i went shopping)and it had a sideboard ad for yay *sarcastic*the movie for Final Fantasy, only his favorite game.
Well, as that old song goes.."Everytime you go away, you take a piece of me with you..."

it's just late and i guess i need to release these weird thoughts before i go to sleep...
Old 07-11-2001, 03:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Unhappy

I know what you mean... although mine is a bit different. I lost my dad's parents, the grandparents I grew up with. My Mimi on Dec 23, 1993 and my Papa on Dec 4th (I think) 1998. Small things remind me of them, like school shopping, driving home from Monroeville at night..., passing our old country club (yea Oakmont!) smells... etc...

And some of you know about my friend Mike passing away in June, thats another toughie...

------------------
"...A dynamic sisterhood of powerful and passionate women maintaining uncompromising principles, igniting positive change, and embracing individuality!"

Phi Sigma Sigma - Gamma Gamma Chapter
---
1-9-4-6 Doohretsis!

Tau Beta Sigma - Delta Omicron Chapter
---
Go Golden Chickens! I mean EAGLES!

There are only a few good things that came out of Clarion- Chris Kirkpatrick of NSync, Kurt Angle (Pre WWF!) and any PHI SIGMA SIGMA!
Old 07-11-2001, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

The worst is the songs. We had two brothers killed in as many years in auto accidents. So I'll hear songs that will remind me of them, or especially at Ritual. Brian LIVED for it. It is always hard now to see our ritual, because something is missing, without his vibrant presence cheering everyone else on to make it the best possible for our new members. It like thereis a hole or something. I guess Ritual isnt really random, or everyday, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. Things that do remind me of Brian and Chris that are everyday, Sonic, Marlboro Cigs, Puff Daddy, Emerald Green Chevy Silverado extended cab trucks, tall white basketball players, anything UT football, roadtrips...
Old 07-13-2001, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Little random things will make me get really upset about my dad.

The phrase "serious as a heart attack" gets on me and I'll get mad if good friends use it - when someone you love drops dead of one in front of you, that phrase just becomes really horrible. Same with "don't have a coronary!"

Once I was watching a SNL rerun with my BF and it was the episode from the Christmas before he died, and I just started crying - it just got to me.

Funny its the little things that sometimes get to me worse than the big ones. I've been to the church where his funeral was, and I don't think anything of it. But finding an old tape of his, or seeing a tv show that used to make him laugh tears me up
Old 12-04-2003, 04:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with LifeSaver - songs are the worst!

My sister lost her teacher when she was in middle school. It affected her so deeply that it affected me too. I remember driving one day and the song (I think it's Monica's) "Angel of Mine" came on. My sister started crying because she said it reminded her of Mr. Clark. So now, everytime I hear that song, I think of Mr. Clark and how much he meant to my sister.

Another one for me is dreams.
I lost a little girl that I used to babysit for a few years ago. I baby sat her from the time she was born (her mother was my 5th grade teacher). Her demise (and death) was just too much to comprehend for me. Every now and then I'll have dreams and she's in them. I think of her as my angel though, so I know she's always looking out for me.
Old 12-04-2003, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Songs are absolutely the worst and ebst way to bring up old memories. There are always songs that will remind me of friends/boyfriends, loved ones. Some of them make me cry when I think about them, others make me smile.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
I defininitely agree...honestly, every song brings back different memories for me, and when its about someone I've lost, I've been known to get really sad
Old 12-04-2003, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
you know those "your mom" jokes? my friends can't ever say that around me because i will start to cry. it's the only everyday thing that reminds me of my mother (she died 8 years ago).
Old 12-05-2003, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

My elementary school principal who became a family friend passed away when I was in college... of course when I drive by my old school, I get sad thinking about him.