GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,166
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,610
4 members and 1,606 guests
IndianaSigKap, John, Xidelt

Old 03-25-2011, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Transferring

Hello!

I am transferring from a community college in California to either a Big 12 or SEC school. I've done a lot of research but thats mostly from CA schools and sorority life isn't taken as seriously at the majority of CA with the exception of CAL, USC, UCLA, and a few Cal states. I know the SEC is pretty competitive and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice! Being part of a sorority is really important to me so I want to know as much as possible about the process! How to go about getting recs, the actual recruitment/rushing process, ext!

More specifically the schools I'm considering are Iowa State and the University of Kentucky! So if anyone has any information on those that would be amazing!

Thanks so much!

Ross

Last edited by aross; 03-25-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

The search button is your new best friend!
Old 03-25-2011, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I live relatively near University of Kentucky. Recs are nice to have, but there are many girls who get bids who did not have recs. The recs would be a bonus but not a necessity. I think there are 13 chapters on campus, with two being fairly new. With fraternities, there are enough chapters that most any guy who wants to go greek can find a chapter to fit into. They are adding a few fraternities this year or next, all recolonizatons, I believe.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Your signature name notwithstanding, you are a girl, right?
Old 03-26-2011, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessamy View Post
The search button is your new best friend!
too true! I highly suggest reading the sticky about formal recruitment and tips and stuff. it really gives you idea of what it's like!
Old 03-26-2011, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

yes although my signature is Ross I am a girl! haha
Old 03-26-2011, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by aross View Post
Hello!

I am transferring from a community college in California to either a Big 12 or SEC school. I've done a lot of research but thats mostly from CA schools and sorority life isn't taken as seriously at the majority of CA with the exception of CAL, USC, UCLA, and a few Cal states. I know the SEC is pretty competitive and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice! Being part of a sorority is really important to me so I want to know as much as possible about the process! How to go about getting recs, the actual recruitment/rushing process, ext!

More specifically the schools I'm considering are Iowa State and the University of Kentucky! So if anyone has any information on those that would be amazing!

Thanks so much!

Ross
I just wanted to add that Phi Mu will be colonizing at the University of Kentucky in the fall. I am adding the link so, that you may learn more about the opportunity. I would like to point out, however, that you should give ALL the sororities on campus an opportunity to show you what they are about. Once the school year starts, you will see Phi Mu stuff all over campus. You may also be told you can sign up on a "Go Phi Mu" application on Facebook. There you will learn about what Phi Mu is all about. Whatever school you wish to attend or whatever sorority you choose to become a member of-GOOD LUCK!

http://www.phimu.org/join/howtostartanewchapter