GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,152
Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, horsearcher
» Online Users: 1,343
1 members and 1,342 guests
flirt5721

Old 01-03-2006, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Favorite Part about Greek Life

Hi everyone! I was just wondering what everyone's favorite part of greek life was. Stories would be great too! Have a great rest of winter break!!
Old 01-03-2006, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Any and all for over 40 Years.!!!!!

The working Rears off for then House and Float Decorations uptil the last Moment, Working to get Local Recognized By School, Selecting a National to affiliate with the first year of Being Born.

Partys of course, hanging with Brothers just chatting, having run outs with Sororitys, (Oh, The Olden Days), Intermurals, and now some 40 years later, still having fun not only with all of the Old Alum Brothers, but all of The New Associates!

While this is just a brief synopsis, there are to many Memories to even Post!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-03-2006, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

All of the crazy stuff that we would do when we got bored. Also, when you live in a house with 23 other people you always could find something going on.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you writing a book or something?
Old 01-03-2006, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Might Be or trying to find Dirt!?

Any Dirt that any want to impart?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-03-2006, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Boozing with my buds, going floating on the river, band parties, date functions, wiffle ball
Old 01-03-2006, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by frathole
wiffle ball
That's hot.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Re: Favorite Part about Greek Life

Quote:
Originally posted by Dee34
Hi everyone! I was just wondering what everyone's favorite part of greek life was. Stories would be great too! Have a great rest of winter break!!
Being part of something larger and more wonderful than you can ever imagine...

both in my sisterhood and in the greater greek community...
Old 01-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

It's all age appropriate. When I was still in school, I loved having mixers, sisters to party with, having sisters period! (I never had one), rush, having a wonderful suite to bring dates to, and much, much more.

After I graduated, I burned out for a couple years - but we still went to each other's showers, weddings, and such.

Then came the day I called a sister in San Diego, and asked her what she was doing that weekend. She had plans, but was willing to go to Tiajuana with me so I could get a divorce! We didn't go, but only because my attorney said it woldn't solve much. But she was willing to go, just as I've been willing to stop everything for others.

Now, it's a matter of living our Creed every day of my life, knowing that there are thousands upon thousands of sisters who I've never met, but are my sisters. That decision I made when I was 16 was one of the best I ever made!
Old 01-04-2006, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Thinking of rushing

I'm just thinking about rushing and I wanted to know what everyone thought the best part of greek life is.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xoheatherxo
when i was in college, it was the sisterhood, the parties, the friends, the fun. the working on floats for homecoming, songs for songfest, halloween costumes, philanthropy stuff, study hall, late night phone calls, late night walmart trips, sonic trips, mexico trips, crying over boys...the list goes on and on. basically knowing that i had a group of people that i could trust and call sisters.

now that im out of college, its the late night long distance phone calls, the myspace messages and emails just saying hi because were all so busy and far apart, knowing that i have not only the sisters in my chapter from college but also the local alumni chapter near me, and living the principles of my organization, seeing that the girls i call sisters really are there for me no matter where i am, and seeing how much i took for granted having them so close for so long!! i miss them!!
Old 01-04-2006, 02:32 AM
GreekChat Member

The friendship :best time I had was living in a 52 man house in the summer of 86 with 8 other guys and watching fireworks on the roof, playing more basketball, wargames and hall golf than I thought possible, having a buck fifty for lunch and getting 2 tacos at Taco Smell every day for three months, drinking way too much beer, going to the 1986 DU Convention and drinking too much beer.
Helping my friend put astroturf down in his room and telling him with a strait face, oh yeah floor looks great Tony.
Playing pinball , pool or ping pong in the basement. All summer long taking 1 class as an excuse to stay in Austin, going to Barton Springs, Coprus, Padre etc.
I didn't care for the parties I met a girl I married my first week of school( and am married to 22 years later!) and didn't need to hit on girls at mixers I liked the day to day and I suspect the friendship & feeling of belonging are why greek life survives.

Last edited by g41965; 01-05-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:02 AM

iv

Last edited by White Star; 01-04-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I love that no matter where I move, there will most likely be an alum chapter and sisters. Moving up to Boston, I knew very few people, and our AC really helped me make friends. I also love volunteering as an alum. I have for my AC ever since I graduated, and I've been an advisor at 3 different schools, right now at 2 at the same time. Very few things in my life have been more rewarding.