GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,152
Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, horsearcher
» Online Users: 1,334
1 members and 1,333 guests
flirt5721

Old 08-18-2003, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Soap opera to portray sorority hazing storyline

Just wanted to let you know that I was reading a spoiler board for One Life to Live and saw that they are doing a sorority hazing storyline with the character Marcie. I am not a fan but am curious how accurate they will portray this.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Wonderful, an ongoing hazing storyline on a national soap. All we need.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Its true.

I used to be an OLTL fan, but haven't watched in a long time. I checked out their recaps, and here's what it looks like - character named Marcie-who is a very pretty, and "healthy" girl with body image problems is invited to join a sorority by some bitter little witch who wants to get revenge on her--I guess b/c the guy she likes actually likes Marcie.... Here's a recap of the show that aired on 8/20:

On the day of her wedding to Joey, Jen wonders why Marcie hasn't arrived to help her get ready. Meanwhile, Madison and her sorority sisters "kidnap" Marcie for her initiation into the sorority. Marcie's initiation hazing takes a cruel turn as the other girls take delight in humiliating her. Marcie manages to escape and makes to the wedding with Flash's help but keeps her ordeal to herself.

Then on 8/27:
Using a hidden microphone planted by Al, Jen succeeds in getting Madison to confess to Marcie's cruel hazing on tape. Madison is later expelled and vows to get revenge on Marcie.

I thought about shooting them an e-mail, but they probably aren't apt to change their portrayal....all I can say is OLTL has used sororities/fraternities in a number of unflattering ways over the years (one of its most famous storylines involved a gang rape by several fraternity members at a fraternity house).