GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,393
0 members and 1,393 guests
No Members online

Old 09-28-2002, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Bad Boys!!

O.K. Ladies, please tell me why is it that we have a hard time leaving the bad boys alone? Bad boys are the one's that say they will call and they leave you waiting by the phone. They won't spend a dime on you and they see other women and you know about it, but when he call's, you are willing to spend some private time with him. My bad boy was Rick and you could not tell me he was not the finest thing on campus. In the end, Rick wanted to make a change but by this time I wasn't feeling him like that anymore. Why is it that we stay for so long knowing that we are just being used? I missed out on a lot of NICE GUYS that wanted to take me out and actually get to know me. Instead, I was running around campus like a idiot just to get a glimpse of Rick. Feel free to call me crazy and tell me about your past or present bad boy and why you stayed.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

All men have a little bad or should we say "dogg" in them. But it's up to the women to allow them to unleash that dogg on them. Like they say............a man will go as far as you allow him. You've got to demand they put $$$ out on you and treat you right, I mean after all aren't you WORTH it?. And sometimes it's not even about the money because some of them are nice and just don't have it: they may be in school or doing something else legit....you just have to look at the big picture of their future. But you must admit $$ is nice always.

When they trip you skip! No matter how handsome they are!!! does that sound corny??

Last edited by oneinamillion; 09-28-2002 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-28-2002, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel we need to look at the persons heart. I do not want to be with any guy that will take advantaged of me if I allow it. That shows a lack of character to me. Sure everyone has used someone at some point probably but if a man is not mature enough to want something real then I don't want to be bothered with him. I do not need money from any man. I stand on my own two feel. I can buy myself anything I want. I let that be known to men. Now nice dinners etc. are nice but I do not want to HAVE to rely on some man to pay my bills in order to survive. I have never had a thing for bad boys. I have always wanted a good conservative guy but sometimes what you think you have is not what you actually have.

I have friends who love bad boys- mo power to them. But when you KNOW what you are dealing with from the get go- you only have yourself to blame when he does his thing. No man is perfect but there are signs sometimes in the very beginning to let you know what you may be getting your self into.

BAD BOYS BE GONE! Thugs are definately a no! no!

I won't even hold a convo with one-
Old 09-28-2002, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Afrochic
Quote:
Originally posted by tammy-

BAD BOYS BE GONE! Thugs are definately a no! no!

I won't even hold a convo with one-
I'm feeling you on that. An educated manly man who takes no stuff, yes a complete turnon. (Kinda like T. Marshall Travers on As the World Turns for you soap opera fans)

A thug heck no, as Faith says "U gets no love from me."
May 10, 2008 at 10:00 am, I will have my MBA!!!
Old 09-28-2002, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Welllllll.................

I guess you could say he was a "bad boy". We have been dating since sophmore of high school and at first he was the biggest low life. Well no, he wasn't. Seeing that we were pretty young, he didn't know too much about the female species. He started off the sweetest thing you could imagine, but then we were getting ready to graduate and he turned for the worst. I was crying everyday it seemed like. I thought that first loves were always the sweet ones. I was 18 yrs old and had experieced everything the average woman would go through. I knew that it was too much for me. I went from 115 lbs to 96 and I knew I had to put a stop to it. So long story short I was the greatest thing that happened to me and he was trying to destroy me. I went to college and after a while he realized what it felt like to lose something good. At this point I promised never to go through that bull again.
Old 09-29-2002, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
OK, here's mine

My bad boy was Torrick. We met when we were in junior high. I was in the 7th and an all-around "good girl"; I made the honor roll every quarter and all the teachers loved me. Torrick, however was in the 8th and had been held back a couple of times. He had this breezy disregard for rules and played on the football team. He was also 15 and was like 6'3" and weighed about 250 pounds. I was 12, 4'10" at the time and maybe weighed 100 pounds soaking wet. I hated him (he picked on me all the time for my height and my smarts) and tried to stay away from as much as possible, but we were always thrown together for school programs and our parents were always late picking us up from school, so that gave us lots of time to get to know one another. I saw that he wasn't this thug that everyone made him out to be and I was in luv. Not love, luv. Where you completely lose your mind. My parents didn't like him and forbade me from seeing him or talking on the phone to him. Seeing him was kinda hard b/c he graduated from 8th grade and went on to high school. Talking on the phone was easy because he would call when my folks weren't at home. We would send love letters to each other through our friends at both schools. Then I graduated from 8th grade and came over to the high school and it was bliss, or so I thought. We broke up maybe two weeks after I came to the 9th grade b/c I wasn't ready to have sex yet and he went after this girl who I thought was my friend. We got back together and then broke up again and this pattern continued until about 1998, 1999 when I left him for the LAST time and married someone worse than Torrick will EVER be. During the 11 years that I was involved with him, I dated some decent guys, but I would keep running back to him. I even had a baby by another guy, but I kept going back and at times he was a better father than my son's real father. Torrick's problem was committment. He could not or more like WOULD not stay with one woman. I had to leave my hometown and marry someone else to get away from him. Oprah and Dr. Phil would have loved to have me on the show about toxic relationships. After my divorce, he did try to contact me, but I was not having it. I started to spend time with myself and then started dating really good men. Thugs needed not apply. I just married one of the good guys and I'm happy with myself. My sister sees him from time to time at her job and he's always asking her about me and she refuses to tell him anything. I have a good laugh when I tell my hubby about how silly I was over some guy and I almost feel embarrased when I think about how much time and energy I wasted with him. But, I intend to make some $$ with this; I'm writing a book about it!! Personally, I think it shoud be a Lifetime Movie and called "Foolish Heart". Sorry this was so long, but I had to share my bad boy story!!
Old 09-29-2002, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to evaclear04
Venting....

I have been involved with a good number of bad boys. I have found that they come in all packages. Some packages are wrapped with clear wrappings allowing you to see right through. Some...well...you have to rip it open to find out the goods.
Your story sound close to mine 9dstpm. One of my bad boys was a guy named Nick. I met Nick in the 8th grade, we were in homeroom together. And like most bad boy / good girl relationships I hated his guts in the begining. Somehow someway we ended up talking, after that we were inseprable. We were practically join at the hip. Kids would even call me Mrs Cater. Nick was a year older than me and way more experienced than me. Although he never put any pressure on me to do the "nasty"(LOL!). He hung out this the thugiest of the thugs. My mom totally disapproved of him...but she was still lientient with me . She would allow me to talk to him for only 15minute a day (At 14, extremly spoiled, i was like WTF! What can i do in 15min!). We would find little ways to meet each other in the halls during class to smooch or beg our parents to let us go to the moives together. For the next year i was in puppy love bliss. For the most of our 9th grade year we were still going strong. My mother still would not allow me to go anywhere with him. He started to hang out more.. places i couldn't go. All of sudden ( and only for me..the rest of the school already knew) we broke up. He was seeing this girl ( who had so many times told me to my face that she thought that we were the perfect couple) who could drive and do more for him( let him tell it). He wasn't even going to tell me, After someone confronted me about it, I went to ask him if it was true...and he just said yep and walked away like i had asked him if he would like to win the lotto! I don't think i have ever hated anyone in my life the way i hated him at that moment. My po lil heart was broken. But as time went on...we couldn't seem to stay away from each other. Living on two different side of town at two different high school. We still manage to find a way to keep in touch. I would skip school and go to his house ( he was never in school to begin with) Even when i left for college and he stayed here...i would call him collect and he would accept the charges everytime. We even got caught by him mom getting his little sister (whose named happen to be crystal also) to accept the charges. Every time we talked it was like we had never left each other. Old feelings would flood our hearts so easily. He had/ has a part of my heart that i just can't seem to snatch from his pretty carmel brown hands ( I had it bad..lol). Funny thing that after i finally weened myself off of him i found the most caring, honest, true gentlman ever. He was staring me in face in the most unsuspecting package...the one of a friend.
To be completely honest... I would love to see Mr Carter today. Just to see how life was treating him.
Old 10-14-2002, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
Bad Boy Update!!!

I just received an e-mail from a classmate who is the head of the reunion committe for my high school class. As well as updating me on the progress of plans for the class reunion, she told me that she ran into my ex, Torrick. Anyway, he is not doing so good. My classmate ran into him in front of a grocery store and he asked her about me. She told him that I had graduated college with honors, in grad school, married twice and lived in MI, employed as a social worker and was very active in the community including Delta. (info from my reunion profile) She told me that he looked somewhat pained to hear that. Like he realized the huge mistake that he had made. Anyway, she told me that he had a pot belly, dressed like a broke-down pimp (use your imaginations) and worked on the riverbank doing manual labor. He has a chickenhead girlfriend who tells him constantly that "he better not come running back to me" and drives a tin can. I guess I have to brace myself at Thanksgiving when I go down to MS to show off new hubby (again) to the folks and hope I don't run into him, no tellin' what he'll do!

Last edited by 9dstpm; 10-14-2002 at 08:25 PM.