» Online Users: 1,348
1 members and 1,347 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 08-06-2003, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to etahannah
tattoos!!

just curious...

anyone have a tattoo? what is it? where is it? why did you get it?

would you ever get a DG related tattoo? i know a couple of our girls have and i am just wondering if you have or would get one...
Old 08-06-2003, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been thinking about getting a little anchor on my lower back!
Old 08-06-2003, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
I don't have any tattoos right now and frankly don't think I'd ever get one (too chicken!), but if I did, it would probably be a little anchor (like Laura), but somewhere very inconspicuious (like on my hip - front side, just below my pantie line). I think it'd be so cute...but like I said, I doubt it'd ever happen. I would have reservations about people tattooing the greek letters or a crest or something...but I think a little anchor would be cute!
Old 08-06-2003, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to etahannah
i agree CJ... i dont think that getting a tattoo of letters or the crest is appropiate. but i think some of those anchors are cute.

i dont know if i'll ever get one though..i have said i would in the past and one week almost got a little star on my foot near my toes, but i never did.

i think my parents would be so disappointed in me too...which i think deep down is part of the reason why i didnt... oh well...maybe one day....
Old 08-06-2003, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't have a tatoo, I was considering it, but opted not to. The only thing I would have gotten would be a little elephant with its trunk up-- a symbol of good luck-- I collect elephant statues and have jewelry with elephants. I would have gotten it on my back on the top of the right or left side.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
Well, I might be giving too much about myself away, but I've got a few of them. My first was a yellow rose (with purple accents) for Texas, and it's on my stomach. Then my second one is a broken heart on my ankle. Third I have a monster butterfly on my lower back. Then my fourth one was the night after initiation. We kind of all go to the tattoo parlor, and the braver girls get an anchor tattooed on their upper buttocks...kind of on the back. Since I already had one on my back I got the anchor put through the middle of my heart on my ankle. One of my sisters got the letters and also Sigma Chi for her husband on either side of her anchor!

aj
Old 08-08-2003, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, I have two tatoos. One on each hipbone. On my left side is a heart with a devil's tail & horns and on the right side is a heart with angel wings.

I don't think tattoos are bad as long as they are tasteful. I like mine because they are in a place that can be covered up if the situation deamed necessary. No one who looks at me thinks that I have a tattoo (let alone two).

Sometimes I think about getting a DG related tat. Maybe a tiny cream rose on the ankle? hmmmm.....
Old 08-10-2003, 02:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Actually, Id love to have a tatoo of an anchor or so but id never do it, i know ill regret it later, plus im too conservative for a tatoo. I kinda like having our greek letters for a tatoo..but that'd be super hardcore. Plus i think its more of a guy thing.

P.S Another reason for not gettign one...my mom and dad would pull my hair out!!!! HAHAHA
Old 08-12-2003, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GeorginaDG63
heh...i actually got my tattoo with sailorchic...i got a little blue dove in the shape of an angel with its wings spread out and a halo on its head and its on the lower right side of my back...ive been thinkin about gettin a little anchor though...we should hit up the tattoo parlor KELLY hehe!
Old 08-13-2003, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Our CDC was telling us that the Nevada chapter got DG tattoos on their ankles right after initiation, and she made them cover them up. I forget what they were, but I want to say that they were the crest.

Last edited by CarolinaDG; 08-13-2003 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:59 AM
GreekChat Member

my big sis and like 6 other girls in my houise got anchor tattoos on their lower backs. They all kind of regret it now, not that it is DG related just everyone that sees it thinks they are in the navy. We live in San Diego.

I could never get a tattoo, it is to permanate. I can't even keep my hair looking the same for 2 months!

Love,

Melissa