GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,372
1 members and 1,371 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-07-2005, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Injuries in Fight at Fraternity House (Northern Illinois U)

Last Friday three people were briely sent to the hospital after a fight at a party at the Pi Kappa Alpha house at Northern Illinois U.

http://www.star.niu.edu/articles/?id-11139

Regular GCers who follow news like this are probably aware that historically there's a whole subset of stories about fights with sports team members. This seems to be one of them, involving at least a couple of members of the school's football team.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

So waht else is New about College Jocks getting into fights. Oh, I forgot, they were provoked, BS!

They are treated like Princes of The Ruling Emir of Sports and are above being Shit for Brains!

While not knowing the total situation from the "Da Article", if they came to My House when I was there and acted like dill wads or some of My Brothers acted like dill wads, I would get into the middle of it too!

These so called Kids are in college for Their Sports ability, not their brains!

Most of them cant Fart a C out of their asses!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-07-2005, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
So waht else is New about College Jocks getting into fights. Oh, I forgot, they were provoked, BS!

They are treated like Princes of The Ruling Emir of Sports and are above being Shit for Brains!

While not knowing the total situation from the "Da Article", if they came to My House when I was there and acted like dill wads or some of My Brothers acted like dill wads, I would get into the middle of it too!

I was a college athlete. You were not.

Please shut up and don't speak of what you don't know.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp

Actually, many of them are intelligent and do some great things after college.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Considering the chapter at NIU, I'm not surprised. Three or four years ago I facilitated a session of the NIC's "IMPACT" for NIU. In one of my breakout groups, there was a sophomore member of this chapter who said "If I tried any of this confrontation or values stuff in my chapter the older guys would beat my ass. " Initially the other students and I kind of laughed it off as an off-handed remark, but this student said, "No, I mean it. The older guys in my chapter would literally beat my ass." So I can't say I'm surprised...