» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,484
0 members and 1,484 guests
No Members online

Old 06-09-2004, 11:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to PortCityGent83 Send a message via Yahoo to PortCityGent83
Question for all Nupes...

What up errbody i'm new to the forum but i have a couple of questions...ok i'm a student at Jackson State University where the Delta Delta chapter of KAPsi, Inc. and their charter has been suspended on and off since 01...and i'm interested in bcoming a member of this fraternity...do yall know of any other ways of going about that other than transferring and doing Grad chapter (not that i'm saying there's anything wrong with Grad i just feel that i'd like to expereince that "undergrad" experince to look back on...your replies will be appreciated...
Old 06-09-2004, 12:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to PortCityGent83 Send a message via Yahoo to PortCityGent83
I see that there r a lot of views to this particular topic but no replies...if anyone knows anything about my question i'd appreciate it if u replied bcuz i don't want any opportunities to pass me by...
Old 07-26-2004, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

You can only wait and be patient LIKE I DID!

Sucks but reality sucks
Old 08-12-2004, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah--I didnt pledge untill my fifth year in college cuz my chapter was on on suspension
Old 09-22-2004, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MadeNupe8 Send a message via Yahoo to MadeNupe8
I was in the same position, but we pushed. We wrote letters and everything that would could to show them that we could have a civilized chapter. I mean they saw how sincere we were with it so they granted up our chapter back. You gonna have to call, write letters, get your alumni chapter and make sure you reach out to the old school. Be on a pursuit and don't let no sit to well wit you
Old 09-22-2004, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MadeNupe8 Send a message via Yahoo to MadeNupe8
Try to get in contact with the alumni chapter to see what can they do to bring it back earlier than expected. Like I said that happen to my chapter and the alumni claimed that they didn't even know we had interest on my campus because they were so far out the loop. Gather some guys who want the same thing and each of yall do what yall can to restore kappa back on your campus. If and when you ever become a kappa you will see what I mean.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Atlas Send a message via Yahoo to Atlas
How long they get snatched for? Dang, it's going on 05 here soon, bruhs down there must of GOT CAUGHT doing some serious stuff...
Old 10-07-2004, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to komplete_1911
thats a hard road to be on... all I could say is if you want it show ginuwine intrest and holla at the local Alumni chapter to try to help you out... other than that you got to sit on your ass and wait...

Komplete
Magnificent Mu Nu chapter
jbreezy.com
Old 12-20-2004, 05:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Question for all Nupes...

Quote:
Originally posted by PortCityGent83
...do yall know of any other ways of going about that other than transferring and doing Grad chapter (not that i'm saying there's anything wrong with Grad i just feel that i'd like to expereince that "undergrad" experince to look back on...
As unfortunate as it is. Sometimes if you want Kappa, You may have to take it how you get it. The undergraduate chapter on my yard was down most of my college tenure. (The sigmas were the group on the yard (deep too), but I wanted Kappa. There is no substitution for the undergraduate experience, but circumstance tend to make you make the hard choices.

I hope all goes or has went well for you (I understand this is an older post)

Blessings,
Old 10-04-2007, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Your journey although difficult is very typical into Kappa Land. Perseverance and determination are your only friends…also an undergraduate experience is traditional but a true Kappa’s work is never done….so please think of that if or when you are made.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Kue 1911 View Post
Your journey although difficult is very typical into Kappa Land. Perseverance and determination are your only friends…also an undergraduate experience is traditional but a true Kappa’s work is never done….so please think of that if or when you are made.
I agree. The undergrad experience is a traditional experience I had that I will never forget. Plus the chapter I come from is very close.