Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,413
3 members and 1,410 guests
indygphib, PrettyBoy, QueenD

Old 05-03-2009, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Defining Moments in Kappa...

So I was just thinking back over the years in the BOND...what are some of the "Defining Moments" in KAPPA for you? BTW, BRUHS let's keep in mind we are in a public forum. I'll start...

I stated this before, but years ago, there was this BRUH that helped me through a very trying time when my mother was in the hospital. We had no idea she was a diabetic, and I got a call saying she had been rushed to the hospital because she passed out. I was a few hours away, and had to drive to get to her. Needless to say I was frantic, and it only got worse as doctors told me that her blood/sugar levels were FOUR times that of an average person. This BRUH really helped me through what was one of the worst times in my life.

I am forever indebted to this BRUH for everything he did to keep me afloat during this time. This is why, when I found him after looking for him for four years (found him on date of my fourth KAPPAversary), I am ecstatic. He is coming through my current city in about two weeks, and I have ditched a wedding to meet up with my friend, my lifeline, and my BRUH! YO!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPPAtivating View Post
So I was just thinking back over the years in the BOND...what are some of the "Defining Moments" in KAPPA for you? BTW, BRUHS let's keep in mind we are in a public forum. I'll start...

I stated this before, but years ago, there was this BRUH that helped me through a very trying time when my mother was in the hospital. We had no idea she was a diabetic, and I got a call saying she had been rushed to the hospital because she passed out. I was a few hours away, and had to drive to get to her. Needless to say I was frantic, and it only got worse as doctors told me that her blood/sugar levels were FOUR times that of an average person. This BRUH really helped me through what was one of the worst times in my life.

I am forever indebted to this BRUH for everything he did to keep me afloat during this time. This is why, when I found him after looking for him for four years (found him on date of my fourth KAPPAversary), I am ecstatic. He is coming through my current city in about two weeks, and I have ditched a wedding to meet up with my friend, my lifeline, and my BRUH! YO!
Phi, this is excellent. I have three. The first one was with my blood brother. A couple of years after he krossed, he had a closed head injury which put him out of dental school for a year. When he went back, he didn't have any furniture or anything. Just an apartment. Well, one of his sands (kl8ub he had ten on his line, he was the ace) had some really nice furniture. Infact, it was all leather, but that's really not the point. I just said that because most people would have either taken nice furniture like that with them, or sold it. He gave it all to my brother. All of the furniture he had while he was also a dental student, he gave it all to my brother. Then when my brother got married, all the Nupes from his chapter and others were at his wedding. It was so many Nupes there it was insane. The second story goes back to when I came back to school for the fall quarter as a neo. This wasn't really a biggie to most folks, but it was to me. We have this hill called Kappa Hill at CSU. It's where the Nupes hang out in between classes. Well, I was the last brother to get back to school, but when I did, there they all were on Kappa Hill. We were all so happy to see each other. It's just a lot of bonding and love to come back to. Last but not least, was when I didn't have a place to stay when I got back my Junior year. My sand's kl5ub gave be his bed to sleep in until I found a place to stay. He stayed at his girl's place. I was going to sleep on the floor, and he said "Sand's, I just bought brand new sheets for you to sleep on. No sand's of mine is sleeping on the floor. I'll stay at my girl's until you get a place." I love the bond.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I love the bond.
I echo that!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Kappachino3Klub
YO to my bruhs akross the land. I love reading/hearing about these things. I've mentioned this before but one of my everlasting memories was during a very trying time in my life as well. My mother had a stroke and was hospitalized for quite some time and I rushed back to my hometown (a few hours drive) to be with her at the hospital. For a while, doctors didnt know if she would pull through and it was very scary for my family and I. I talked to one of my LB's who now lived in Maryland just about everday and he kalled me on the regular when I broke the news to him. A few days later, unannounced to me, my whole line shows up at the hospital. they kall me walking through the door saying "YO NUPE, where moms at, we all here" and I just about broke down. I Love the BOND!!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

One defining moment came when the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) hosted Kappa’s on Kapital Hill. Each brother on “The Hill” was asked to war their red blazer to show Kappa Leaguers the influence of Kappa Men on “The Hill”. It was one of my proudest moments to see all the brothers in their blazers reppin Kappa. I couldn’t even get mad when one of the little dudes was like “damn…they all over this building)….lol, cause we were. Good look Kapp, this might be one of my favorite threads.

Richard L. Evans
Old 05-04-2009, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Another moment I had was when one of my Kappa League SONS called me and said, you know I have been in college for a year, and I really understand everything you were pushing on me when I was in KL. Here, on XYZ campus they have really been looking out for me (the Bruhs remembered him from when I would take them on college visits). He then told me he would be honored if I would write a letter of recommendation for him to pledge. He is now in the BOND, and I got to pin him!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

NUPEs,

Im new in the bond klearly, but in Thursday makes a full month Kappaversary and in the past month I have visited 5 different chapters in 3 states and the amount of love, hospitality, and brotherhood that I have experienced has been overwhelming. We held an interest meeting not too long ago and I kouldnt even artikulate the brotherhood aspekt of our bond. It is just too deep and too sincere. I LOVE THE BOND.

-Katalyst

P.S. I got 2 hits sunday night, on their way to healing into beauties...
Old 05-05-2009, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justagent2011 View Post
NUPEs,

-Katalyst

P.S. I got 2 hits sunday night, on their way to healing into beauties...

Nupe-

2 hits.......let them joints breathe....lol.

Richard L. Evans
Old 05-05-2009, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Hahah no doubt. bactine to keep them klean gauze to keep them protected..I got it lol
Old 05-05-2009, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justagent2011 View Post
Hahah no doubt. bactine to keep them klean gauze to keep them protected..I got it lol
My Ace and Tre got hit this past week. They have the diamond with the floating K rather than attached. It looks hot BUT I need mine to "Konnect".

So......I'm ordering a custom made branding iron from a place, Ironically, called Sloan Brands. About to pay for it on the 15th. I just really wish he'd had of waited for me but I knew he couldn't wait, LOL....Not mad at him tho, That's MY ACE!

www.sloanbrands.com
Old 05-06-2009, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Mine are floaters too. y bro has the konnekted ones...

Im going to get my 3rd this summer with our family iron...So, I'll have PHI, Nu, and PI
Old 05-06-2009, 07:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Another moment I had was when one of my Kappa League SONS called me and said, you know I have been in college for a year, and I really understand everything you were pushing on me when I was in KL. Here, on XYZ campus they have really been looking out for me (the Bruhs remembered him from when I would take them on college visits). He then told me he would be honored if I would write a letter of recommendation for him to pledge. He is now in the BOND, and I got to pin him!
That is kool. This reminds me of the time when my dad's close friends he was in college with wrote my recommendations for me to pledge, and to this day they tease my dad about it. LOL.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kal-El
I have had my brands for two years now, Hit by one of the best brand masters in the South, Bro. Danny Williams. Jusagent2011, try not to put too much ointment and stuff on them while they heal because you could make them heal a lil too good and fade your brand. Just keep it clean (don't use things like neosporin or burn creams) and wear gauze.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Kal-El,

Word thats what my prophytes told me, my brother had that problem and the one on his chest has almost faded away. They look really similar to the brand yall have or at least the one Jimmy Orphee has. Thanks for the advice.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I am looking for a frat by the name of Kevin McClish who should have graduated from Langston Unversity in Fall of 1995 or Spring 1996. I know that he was a Kappa because I attended one of the sweetheart parties? Can you help me find him please?