GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,166
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,380
7 members and 1,373 guests
Cookiez17, John, Low D Flat, MSKKG, willTic, Xidelt

Old 10-30-2001, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Okay, thats a question I get a lot, so I am asking all of you. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? For me, in 10 years I will be 34. I want to have a wonderful husband, 2 kids(probaley both under the age of 5, because I don't have my prince charming yet and I want a long courtship and engagement). I want to be a part time volunteer coordinater for a major non-profit and most importantly, a RANGE ROVER SOCCER MOM! And I will probaley still be in Atlanta, because I LOVE this city!! So have at it, guys--where will you be in 10 years?
Old 10-30-2001, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

in ten years i'll be about 29/30 i'll be in the process of working my way up to partner of a law firm I see myself engaged - maybe a newlywed BUT no kids just yet. I will most likely be living in chicago because i love that city to death, probably downtown chicago, in one of those gorgeous apartments overlooking Lake michigan (when the kids come we're moving to the 'burbs) I will be serving on city councils and boards, and very active in the Dem. party, so that eventually, when I decided to run for the Senate or House, i have my name out there and plenty of local political experience!

Plenty of travel behind me and in the future is a must - I love going to new places!

Last edited by IowaHawkeye; 10-30-2001 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard
ten years. Hmm, hopefully, I'll be close to graduating. lol, not, now seriously.

In 10 years, I'll reside in Northern Virginia, with a wife of 3 years, and one child, a boy...Jarvik. I'll work for a corporation like Sony as a patent lawyer trying to work his way up the food chain. I'll also coach local soccer clubs, but only club, not recreational. Also, I'll be living close to my sister so I'll be able to be the good uncle to my nieces, and perhaps coach them in soccer, as well. I'll definitely be driving my Defender around despite the fact it isn't exactly the most professional looking of all cars, but I won't mind. I'll still have all my hair, and be in fair shape, running when I can.

Visit: BackSeat SandBar & MySpace
Old 10-30-2001, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
10 yrs I'll be 35/36. Wive, 2 kids, and a pet turtle. Probably be somewhere in Asia Pacific and still cursing at the NY Rangers for being a bad hockey team. Celebrating the new Giants dynasty. Cursing at the NY Knicks, again. Hopefully will be up in career ladder and try to become the regional boss for some big firm like KPMG or JP Morgan. Or start a revolution in some small country and proclaim myself a dictator.

Last edited by moe.ron; 10-30-2001 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

in ten years ...

I will be 32, a newspaper editor or pr executive, married to a former UK basketball player or MLB baseball player. Wed have a permanent home in Southern California - most likey Orange County. We'd have two children - Elizabeth Josephine whose 3 and Anthony Joseph whose 1. And I will have horses not at myhouse but at a barn. And well live on or near the beach.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

alphachiohmy
I've got connections to the UofK basketball/football team, if U of Kentucky is who you're talking about. Which one do you want?

Old 10-30-2001, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GmuTeke
In 10 years I see myself in a mirror. Or any other reflective surface. Anything else is still up for grabs.
Old 10-30-2001, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Cory
Scott Padgett ideally. Hes got to be lonley up there in Utah. You wouldn't think thered be much up there - not to knock Utah or anything.

I used to have a little crush on Travis Ford, but hes a little older and tied up at WKU.

This years team is pretty young - Blevins is very cute, however.

Last edited by alphachiohmy; 10-30-2001 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-30-2001, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

As long as I am not face down in a gutter somewhere, I'll be happy.

Just like Ed McMahon says, Keep reaching for the stars.

Seriously, I dont know and dont care. As long as I am happy and those I love are healthy and happy, I'll be pleased. as one of the older (in age) GC'ers around here (But still WAY under 30...not that theres anything wrong with that) I have learned a few things. Life seldom turns out as you planned. (Can I get a brotha' Earp to back me up on this? Hows about a shout out from justamom, maybe carniation?) I have also learned that "normal" is nothing more than the setting on my washer/dryer.

Its ok and fun to imagine the future, just as long as its only for fun, and not a serious "do or die" plan. If it is a do or die plan, you are setting yourself up for failure. We can only controll our destiny, not the destiny of others. I had several plans that I was to have achieved by signposts in my life. After a while I wondered if they were really the goals I wanted, or I just wanted them because I had wanted them for so long. The answer was the latter. I felt a lot better after I realized that.

My hope is that in 10 years we are all still chatting away here on GC.
Old 10-30-2001, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
I totally agree with what Lifesaver said, you can never plan or judge the future, too many things happen to alter things. I also don't really care where I am or what I'm doing, as long as I am happy and so are the others around me. I would like to be married and have a family, you know, the American Dream, but at this point, that's what it is, a dream and nothing more. I don't even know where I'll see myself tomorrow let alone 10 years from now, I'll just take it as the days go by, and find myself where I end up

d
Old 10-30-2001, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

alphachiohmy
Though JP Blevins is more my age, I'm pretty good friends with his elder brother from this thing called Governor's Scholar. Anyway. remember Jared Prickett? My sister used to date him, and often went on double dates with people like Mashburn. That was around Padget's time too. Ford's married off, I believe, but he'd probably be a good match since he wouldn't dwarf you like some of the others. We should get ya hooked up with Blevins, though I don't personally know him, I know other members of the fam, so if he's anything like them, then you're coo

Old 10-30-2001, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Here's your shoutout, lifesaver!

Yes, it's true, most of you will likely be doing things you never would've imagined in 10 years. How do I know? Ask anyone else who's just had their thirtieth ( ) high school reunion what the main topic was. It was probably, "I never in a thousand years thought I'd be doing___someday," followed by, "Life has a funny way of turning out, doesn't it?"

That doesn't mean you shouldn't have dreams and goals! You should! It's just that you shouldn't insist that you'll just die if life doesn't turn out a certain way. You may not get one thing but what you do get may be better.

I'd always thought I'd be a famous agriculture professor at one of the major land grant universities. It didn't pan out because right after I got my doctorate, the President cut hundreds of jobs in my field and now I'm teaching Spanish at a smaller college. My big reward--a fabulous husband and 13 super kids (no, I never planned that!) Other rewards--working in the large international community here, helping other people adopt internationally as we did with 5 of ours. Life is so satisfying...

So dream! Plan! But always be open to whatever comes along!
Old 10-30-2001, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

of course guys, keep in mind that the title of this thread is 'Where do you see yourself in 10 years?' and not 'What will you commit suicide over if you're not doing in 10 years?' The attitude of just hoping you'll be happy in 10 years and just live for today causes you to not set goals. You can't say I want to set goals but have absolutely no plans for tomorrow, that's quite contradictory. Carnation said it well. Dream! Plan! Set goals, you have to do this to survive in this overbearing world. This can also teach you to adapt. I understand the point you wished to convey, I do. But as I said, you cannot not care what you'll be doing for the future and still set goals in life, that's two completely conflicting philosophies, isn't it?

Old 10-30-2001, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
well..I see it as no contradiction at all. I would like to be married..have a family..all that good stuff..but, that is in the future far from now. My only goal at this point is to graduate from school then move onto grad school or law school, after that, I can begin to realize who and what I want to be. Depending on what route I take in life will ultimately decide on how soon I want to get married and start a family, so I don't see any of that as contradiciting. Funnier, I don't know what shape I will be in or what my hair will look like. Whatever happens, happens.

d
Old 10-30-2001, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SigmaChiCard
alphachiohmy
Though JP Blevins is more my age, I'm pretty good friends with his elder brother from this thing called Governor's Scholar. Anyway. remember Jared Prickett? My sister used to date him, and often went on double dates with people like Mashburn. That was around Padget's time too. Ford's married off, I believe, but he'd probably be a good match since he wouldn't dwarf you like some of the others. We should get ya hooked up with Blevins, though I don't personally know him, I know other members of the fam, so if he's anything like them, then you're coo
Go ahead, set me up! But, I don't know if I am Kentucky basketball star girlfriend material - Blevins might be a little out of my league - no pun intended. Though I have gotten hit on hard by a St Louis Rams player.

I sent you a message, too.

Last edited by alphachiohmy; 10-30-2001 at 02:15 PM.