GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,301
0 members and 1,301 guests
No Members online

Old 05-23-2001, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Game Show

hey..I know its not greek related, but what is everyone favorite game show. My are:
1)Weakest Link*she is ruthless*
2)Who Wants 2 B a Millionare*they be missing easyyy questions.
3)Family Feuld.*its just fun*
Old 05-23-2001, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Smile

I love Jeopardy and Hollywood Squares! Price is Right, Family Fued, and Match Game are all notable mentions as well.
Old 05-23-2001, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

oh get your chuckles ready but honestly this is my all time fave game show:
The Price Is Right with my man Bob Barker, that game show is the bomb, and Bob is the bomb.
But I also like who wants to be a millionaire, I am not sure what it's called, but it's the VH1 version of Jeop. and Wheeell of Fortune
DGPhoney~

Towson U. Go tiggers
Old 05-24-2001, 08:09 AM
GreekChat Member

DG Phoney,

I'm right there with you! I love Bob! I've been watching The Price Is Right since I was 4 years old! That is my all time favorite game show. I liked Let's Make A Deal too before it went off the air. That was a good one! I don't know which game show would come in second for me. I don't watch too many of them anymore. I'm into the sitcoms now.
Old 05-24-2001, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

My cousin was on The Price Is Right last summer! We taped the show. It was so funny!
Old 05-24-2001, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

My faves are Who wants to be a Millionaire, The Weakest Link, and the old Family Fued with Richard Dawson as the host( i hate the new one with that fat man as the host)!
Old 05-25-2001, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

My friend's old roommate was on it last summer too. She won a car and a year's supply of Advil. I think she won some cash too. I watched the tape. It was hilarious b/c the girl is like 4'11" and she was bouncing up and down the whole time. I would love to be on that show!
Old 05-28-2001, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I like The Weakest Link (I just got hooked on it a couple of weeks ago, and actually just finished watching it a few minutes ago). Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune are all-time favorites. My favorite "classic" game show is the $25,000 Pyramid, especially when Nipsey Russell was on. He was the man.
Old 05-29-2001, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

yeaah, now I feel better that some of ya'll like Bob Barker and the Price is right my goal before I graduate college is to go on the prices right, so look for me ya'll lol. Theres this one game show I can't remeber the name , but I used to watch it all the time, where they would team you up with a celebrity 2 aganist 2 and then they would pick a catergory and then the objects would all relate to that category, then one person would say one word, and u would have to guess what it is. like pictionary without words, anyone remember that show?
oh well, more of my tv watching addiction, lol
DGPhoney
Old 05-29-2001, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DGPhoney:
Theres this one game show I can't remeber the name , but I used to watch it all the time, where they would team you up with a celebrity 2 aganist 2 and then they would pick a catergory and then the objects would all relate to that category, then one person would say one word, and u would have to guess what it is. like pictionary without words, anyone remember that show?

I am pretty sure it was called something like "The $10,000 Pyramid" or such? As for me, I have always loved Jeopardy

------------------
@~Tracy~@
Proud to be Delta-Z

By the light of the lamp, by the light of the lamp, by the bright shiny light, by the light of the lamp...if you are a DeeZee, you're the best that you can be, by the bright shiny light of the lamp!
Old 05-29-2001, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm a game show FANATIC. When I was a kid, USA network would show game show reruns all day and I would watch them all.

My all time favorite is Press Your Luck (Big bucks and noooooooooo whammmmmmmmmmmmy!) They're even making a movie about the guy that figured out the flashing light pattern of the board and won over $100,000

I also love Jeopardy and Millionaire. I'd love to be on either one of those. I'm a total trivia buff.

The one show I HATE HATE HATE is Wheel of Fortune. They pay morons for knowing the alphabet. It pisses me off to no end that ppl walk away from WoF with so much money for being able to read, basically, and that Jeopardy contestants win, at most, 5K per show, even though they have to be hella smart.
Old 05-29-2001, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

This is Bob Barker and AXO Alum reminding you to help control the pet population - have your pets spayed or neuterd! Goodbye Everybody!!

Can you tell I've been practicing for this my WHOLE life? LOL! I would LOVE to get up there and say that -- love it! My favorite games on there are The Mountain Climber, Plinko, and the Dice Game. I don't like the shell game, or the putt-putt game -- too hard to win. The Clock Game is the easiest by far.

I don't like Wheel of Fortune either - just stupid. Never have liked it!

Love some Press Your Luck - I didn't know someone figured out the light pattern - how cool is that?

Richard Dawson is THE MAN! And I love love love watching the re-runs. Louis Anderson is funny like him, but the show just isn't all that anymore.

$25,000 Pyramid is so good -- don't you just want to scream when they take all the time staring at the screen? I'm like PASS PASS PASS!

Y'all remember Sale of the Century? Sucky show - but once I was watching the re-runs, and I see Dennis Haskins on there -- I'm like -- that's Mr. Belding! Of course this was forever old...anyway, when they were introducing him, the big thing was that he was a seat filler during awards shows. So they asked him what that meant, and he said that during the awards shows, when celebs went up to get their awards, or to introduce something, that he would sit in the seat to keep the audience looking full -- well what do you know? He became the "full-time" seat filler for Aaron Spelling......who later went on to create -- anyone? anyone? Saved by the Bell (now you know the rest of the story!)

Millionaire is pretty cool - its kind of getting old. I hate that dang Weakest Link crap - they so overplay her into being a witch -- I mean it is just like some drama off the WWF or something.

Better go - lots of work to do!

Old 05-29-2001, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by AXO Alum:
This is Bob Barker and AXO Alum reminding you to help control the pet population - have your pets spayed or neuterd! Goodbye Everybody!!

Can you tell I've been practicing for this my WHOLE life? LOL! I would LOVE to get up there and say that -- love it! My favorite games on there are The Mountain Climber, Plinko, and the Dice Game. I don't like the shell game, or the putt-putt game -- too hard to win. The Clock Game is the easiest by far.

I don't like Wheel of Fortune either - just stupid. Never have liked it!

Love some Press Your Luck - I didn't know someone figured out the light pattern - how cool is that?

Richard Dawson is THE MAN! And I love love love watching the re-runs. Louis Anderson is funny like him, but the show just isn't all that anymore.

$25,000 Pyramid is so good -- don't you just want to scream when they take all the time staring at the screen? I'm like PASS PASS PASS!

Y'all remember Sale of the Century? Sucky show - but once I was watching the re-runs, and I see Dennis Haskins on there -- I'm like -- that's Mr. Belding! Of course this was forever old...anyway, when they were introducing him, the big thing was that he was a seat filler during awards shows. So they asked him what that meant, and he said that during the awards shows, when celebs went up to get their awards, or to introduce something, that he would sit in the seat to keep the audience looking full -- well what do you know? He became the "full-time" seat filler for Aaron Spelling......who later went on to create -- anyone? anyone? Saved by the Bell (now you know the rest of the story!)

Millionaire is pretty cool - its kind of getting old. I hate that dang Weakest Link crap - they so overplay her into being a witch -- I mean it is just like some drama off the WWF or something.

Better go - lots of work to do!

NO WAY----
I love TPIR (As us addicts callit)

I was so a sale of the century kid. I liked the big drum roll at the beginning. I also LOVED the Jokers Wild. I liked it because I think they spent about $8 on the entire set, including the theme music. I also so get into Match game on Game Show network. That music rocks. On Family Fued, was Richard Dawson EVER sober. Talk about a dirty old man! I also really like Card sharks. Too cool, so cheesy. I remember some game show where they gave away a house or something as a prize. Wonder what it was called. Bet those houses were built to last. lol.

Ohhh, almost forgot, DOUBLE DARE
OMG I so wanted to go on that show, but just cause I wanted the free shoes the kids got on there.

lifeout

Old 05-29-2001, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Killarneyrose,
Thats the show , the 10,000 prymaid show is awesome, one of my all time favorites. Double dare was a pretty cool show too, i wanted to be on that when I was kid , soo much, lol
Good Topic Monique
Old 05-29-2001, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Ah yes...so many more game shows to discuss:

They're currently showing old-time Joker's Wild on Game Show Network. That is one of the cheapest, cheesiest shows ever. Doesn't the cheering sound fake when someone gets a question right? Also, how about those jackets that Jack Barry wears?

The best thing about the Match Game is the music. The game itself is incredibly boring, and not as funny as they would have you believe. Then you have Gene Rayburn with his 70's suits and sideburns, Brett Somers with her huge glasses, and Charles Nelson Reilly up there with his cigar.

By the way, they refer to it as the "Star-Studded" Match Game. Brett Somers? Charles Nelson Reilly? Has either one of them ever done anything noteworthy besides the Match Game? The only Match Game panelists I've ever seen attain a hint of fame are Betty White and the old horndog Richard Dawson.

Two words to say about Sale of the Century: Summer Bartholomew. Awwww yeah...