Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 966
4 members and 962 guests
ChioLu, Phrozen Sands, PKT4LIFE

Old 11-05-2003, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Feedback needed!

Ladies,

I would like some feedback from you on the subject of jewelry. Many (or actually, MOST) NPC groups have many beautiful variations of their pins, with different stones and metals.

Would you like to see more official Phi Sig jewelry? If so, what kind? Most chapters purchase the plain guard and sisters keep that pin throughout their lives - do you think that if we made more versions of the badge, that people would actually "upgrade"?

Any and all feedback is good - i personally have a couple of things in mind, but I'd like to hear what you think first!!
Old 11-05-2003, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to FAUNikki
I have seen two different versions of the badge. I personally have the one of the sphinx head with sapphire eyes and the letters below attached with a chapter guard.
I know that there is also one that is a sphinxhead ontop of a pyramid.
I think if they made some other options is would be nice.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

i'm not sure if i would upgrade since i'm poor

but from what i know, most groups have 2 or 3 badge variations, and we do too, so i'm not sure what elese you want...do you mean if it was offered in white gold too/ or diff stones? ( ithink most orgs just use their stones - that's why ours only offers sapphires and diamonds)....i'm trying to look at the jeweller's site right now, but it's not loading up.....

something with pearls would be nice though
Old 11-06-2003, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

HELL YEAH I WOULD LIKE MORE BADGE OPTIONS !!! THAT would make my day !!! I kinda think our sphinx looks like george washington and would like to see that change I mean I know the shpinx has meaning and I still love my badge but having some more options... maybe just a pyramid.... or maybe a sphinx which looks more like a sphinx.... I mean I don't know what else we could do .... maybe a badge with just letters and some sapphire accents somewhere... or a rose maybe ? I don't know.. but I know Alpha Phi has like 4 or 5 different badges and Alpha Omicron Pi has like 8 or something .... so why can't we have a few more. I'd also like to see some more
Old 11-06-2003, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phisigduchesscv
I would definitely like to see some more options on badges and jewelry. When we colonized my chapter voted that all Iota Gamma sisters will get the jeweled badge with the plain letter guard so that's what I have. However I would love to get one that is 14 karat gold and has real sapphires in it.

Also, I'd love to see something along the lines of a pyramid with the letters inside somehow. Just a different type of pin we could wear so that we're not wearing our badge as regular jewelry all the time.

IG - CKA
Vice Archon - So. LA County Alumnae Chapter
Old 11-06-2003, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I know when we were founding IG, we decided that everyone will have the same badge (the jeweled badge). It shows unity among us...

I don't know how I feel about different badges. Do you mean a different badge for when you're active and then alum? Or just different badges for everyone?

Also, I'm agreeing with Cara, our Sphinx really does look like George Washington. I had a friend that asked me why our badges had him on them, then I had to explain that it was the Sphinx. He got all confused and said that the Sphinx isn't suppose to look like a "white man". (those where his exact words)

Also, I like the jeweled badge, because it has the sapphires in it. I don't think adding other jewels would be cool, since they're not ours.

I'll comment more later, since I'm at work right now.

LITP~Beth

diokete hupsala
Old 11-06-2003, 02:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by phisigduchesscv
However I would love to get one that is 14 karat gold and has real sapphires in it.
Ditto times 100!

What's up with us paying all this money for fake jewelry? I would really like to have some real gold and sapphires on my badge. I honestly was thinking about taking my badge to a jeweler and have him custom make me one with 14k gold and sapphires.

ok, that's my $0.02 right now.

LITP~Beth

diokete hupsala
Old 11-06-2003, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jess_pom
I would love some "fun"jewelry. I love Elle's DN ring in Legally Blonde 2, and there's a necklace that goes along with it. Also, I appreciate "cheap" jewelry... not reallly cheap, but affordable. A lot of the sorority stuff is overpriced.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Great feedback ladies!!

I am sure we wouldnt change the actual design for old George... the founders made him and I think he's here to stay. But I do think there can be a ton of improvements with the official badges we have!!

For example, I'd like to see the standard badge be the Sphinx with a plain pyramid behind. I think the head alone is so small and doesn't really stand out - I LOVE the sapphire badge with the pyramid, but not everyone can afford that!!

I'd also like to see different gems, i.e. diamonds, etc. incorporated into the pin. The problem is, National isn't sure that if we made more jewelry that people would actually buy it.

Thoughts"?
Old 11-06-2003, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I would love to see diamonds and real gold, and real sapphires for that matter! But going beyond that isn't staying true to our symbols. A couple more options would be cool!

That said, I really would like to see more casual jewlery too. If you look at the Delta Gamma Trader section of Burr, Patt, Auld site, they have a ton of stuff in different styles and materials. want some causal stuff in white gold and more. A mini badge repleica would be really nice. But CO doesn't seem to okay apparel and things quickly... like Jostens has a greek option for their rings, but PSS isn't one of them. The cute stuff is never avaliable for us . Or at least that is how I feel.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pirepresent
Great feedback ladies!!

I am sure we wouldnt change the actual design for old George... the founders made him and I think he's here to stay. But I do think there can be a ton of improvements with the official badges we have!!

For example, I'd like to see the standard badge be the Sphinx with a plain pyramid behind. I think the head alone is so small and doesn't really stand out - I LOVE the sapphire badge with the pyramid, but not everyone can afford that!!

I'd also like to see different gems, i.e. diamonds, etc. incorporated into the pin. The problem is, National isn't sure that if we made more jewelry that people would actually buy it.

Thoughts"?
Sorry to crash, but that plain pryamid/sphinx head idea sounds lovely.
Old 11-06-2003, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh - Just watching Legally Blond 2 - the Delta Nu necklace she wears at the beauty parlor would work well for us... only with our letters and blue enamel. I'd buy it.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PhiSigCoco
But CO doesn't seem to okay apparel and things quickly... like Jostens has a greek option for their rings, but PSS isn't one of them. The cute stuff is never avaliable for us . Or at least that is how I feel.
I have my Phi Sigma Sigma letters on the top of my college ring. However, I got my ring from Herf-Jones.

But, back to the orignal question. Yes, it would be nice if we were offered different badges and real jewels. However, I don't think the average college student can afford to purchase an expensive badge if they have dues and other bills. But I do hate that our jewelry is "fake." My boyfriend calls the new member pin "a triangle with blue paint in the middle." Sadly, he's pretty accurate!
Old 11-10-2003, 04:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessHeather
I love the idea of more options! That would be really neat.
Each sister in my chapter gets our jeweled badge (the one with the pyramid)

But if we had a 'pimped out verison' I'd totally save money to buy it! by 'pimped out' I mean having diamonds or pearls associated with the sapphires. That would be very pretty. I love our badge already but I am sooooo jealous of my boyfriend. He is a Phi Delta Theta and they have tons of options on their badges! Their boys, what would they care!! Just kidding, guys secretly like jewelry too...just not as much as us.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MareImbrium
I don't think I would upgrade either because of financial reasons. For me personally and I"m sure it is the same with some other sisters but it was hard enough as it was with the new member fees, dues and such, along with mandatory philanthropy events. I get financially drained after paying everything. I also think that having different versions of the badge for example wouldn't really signify unity of one body which is the Phi Sigma Sigma fraternity.

What about some designs for unofficial Phi Sig jewelry?