GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,148
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, Mr. Doom
» Online Users: 1,437
0 members and 1,437 guests
No Members online

Old 01-19-2005, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Gtown's Recruitment Week

Hello All...

Well for the first time in 5 years I am not all that involved or really going to be attending Gtown's RW... so I don't know much (but I know I love you... sorry just a little 80's song break)...

I know that the chapter returned this past weekend and it has been one unforunate event after another... like not being able to get into the chapter room till Sunday.. instead of on Saturday.

SO I ask that we all keep these ladies in mind this week and that we all think good thoughts for them...

I will let you know all I know as times come.
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 01-23-2005, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Update

Pref was tonight. The ladies did a wonderful job. Please keep them all in your prays tonight and all day tomorrow as they await the outcome of all their hard work.

If anyone wants to go hang out with some sisters and you are in the Georgetown Area, then Chapel Day starts at 4:00 and you can't miss them all out on the lawn.

Word on the street is that quota will be 27 or 28, which is really high considering the fact that no group had double that amount return to their prefs (except maybe one group).

At the start of the week all the groups were close in numbers, which goes to show that quota and total are great things. It took us 5 years to get there but it really works. At one point the groups were sooooooo out of wack that one group had close to 130 girls and another had 80 (with only 3 groups on campus at that time, we were the fourth). Total should be set around 100 this year.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

We did awesome!

Hello Sisters!

I just wanted to pass some awesome news along. I just spoke with a fellow sister about Theta Upsilon's Chapel Day results.

Here is the low down!

26 is Quota = we got 19 with COB continuing this week
92 is Total = we stand at 82
we had 5 legacies go through and 1 came out of the chapel, making her our first legacy (I think)

It may not look great on the outside but the ladies are really excited by their NM and that is all that matters.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Arin, for such a young chapter, I think they're doing AWESOME! Red and Buff Roses to Theta Upsilon on a job well done!
Old 01-24-2005, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, I think it is due to the awesome Chapter Advisor and VPR Advisor. They have been with us since the beginning of the chapter. Also Georgetown is really easy because Greek life is so big. I don't know where we fall in the ranking of returns but I do know that we weren't fourth. That is very impowering.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDthetaup
Wink congrats!

Arin,
I'm so glad to hear about how well the chapter is doing! It makes me really proud to have been one of the first few classes initiated there! I'm still down at Florida State where the sisters here just went through Spring Recruitment (2 other houses participated, with about 25-30 girls going through- Spring Recruitment here is VERY small). I'm very proud to say that we got 11!! They're super cute and some are going to be GREAT recruiters for the future!
The sisters are really excited as they get ready to continue COBing..over the past few years during the spring our numbers have gone from 5 to 10 to now 11 and counting...everyone cross your fingers to hope for a class of 15!

Loyally (and very excited),
Heather
Old 01-24-2005, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Heather,
that is awesome. I know that they had some issues in the past but it sounds like things are just turning right around.

Keep us updated on everything that is happening with you and with the chapter.

Arin