Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,406
0 members and 1,406 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Online Fundraising Site

Has anyone ever used a website called CampusFundraiser.com to raise any money? They claim they can help any group raise a lot of money, i.e., 1000-2000 dollars within a few hours, for free.
There isn't much information as to how they do this. I submitted one of those information request forms to see what was the deal. Has anyone out there heard anything about this? Boy, I do hope I'm not being scammed into something.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I would bet a lot of money that it's a thing that makes you get people to sign up for credit cards. Which is NOT as easy as they make it out to be, especially on a college campus where there are people trying to get you to sign up for credit cards EVERYWHERE.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh gosh, that makes perfect sense. I magically thought they had discovered a meaningful fundraiser. I should be receiving a call tomorrow, and I'll update people on the spiel they give me.

It could also be magazine subscriptions

Last edited by sdbeta1; 04-05-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
I would bet a lot of money that it's a thing that makes you get people to sign up for credit cards. Which is NOT as easy as they make it out to be, especially on a college campus where there are people trying to get you to sign up for credit cards EVERYWHERE.
What she said.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Just got a call, their current programs are selling magazine and newsletter subscriptions. Told 'em i wasn't interested.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
I was wondering about this too.... dang facebook ads!
Old 04-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by LightBulb
I was wondering about this too.... dang facebook ads!
If you're willing to shell out the $10, FaceBook will put up anything you want, scam or not.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

my sorority did this fundraiser, and unless you have a huge populatin of greek life where you are guarenteed to get along of sign ups, i dont recommend it.
first of all, they use tshirts as a kind of bribe to fill out the credit card application, which is fine, except when you run out of tshirts & people get mad at you.
and no, it's def not easy getting college students who are already in enough debt as is to sign up for a credit card.
we did this fundraiser twice, the first time we made a little over $1800, and the second time we barely made $500.
i wish you luck if you choose to do it.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

campusfundraiser online fundraisers

I got my third email from these guys talking about online fundraisers. I finally checked it out and so far it looks legit. we've made some decent money with this online survey thing with not too much effort...signing up for the online textbook one...see how it goes

i-phi-t forever
Old 07-27-2007, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via MSN to buyorpass
Easy Fundraiser

Hi,

Please check out buyorpass.com - we are offering $2 for each product video review (web cam or camcorder) posted on our site. You can check out details at www.buyorpass.com/offer. The reviews are only required to be a minute long - and most users can make 10-15 reviews in an hour. We pay right away using "paypal". Beats selling magazines or flipping burgers! ;-) If you are interested, you are welcome to call or email me.

Thanks,

Bryan Chinella
615-439-1010
bryan@chinella.com
Closed Thread