GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,147
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, misskesha
» Online Users: 1,405
0 members and 1,405 guests
No Members online

Old 01-06-2005, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Amber Frey?

Like, why is this girl on TV and doing shows? Her claim to fame is getting boned by some guy.

What is she going to get, her own line of jeans now ? Be a host on E or something?

Ok, Amber, enjoy your 15 minutes of fame for getting boned in lieu of any type of talent or noteworthy achievement.

You would think she would . . just not want to try and capitalize on this.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

people capitalize on, uh, interesting things. It's the american way!

calling Monica Lewinsky, whose claim to fame was, well you know...
Old 01-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

While I have no intention of reading her book, I did watch her on Dateline. Without her testimony, this case wouldn't have broken.

And yes, James, I already know that you think that there wasn't enough evidence to convict Scott Peterson.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I saw her on Oprah. I had no idea that she did so much work for the police by recording her conversations with that sociopath.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

As someone interested in criminal law, I found her TV interview pretty damn fascinating. I bet if you thought she was hot, James, you wouldn't be complaining. She has a lot more to say than someone like Paris Hilton.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Banned

She looks trashy (not in that hot kind of way either) and is the kind of woman to send a man she just met to pick up her little girl from school on the 2nd or 3rd day of just knowing him.

Now she's hitting the talk show circuit and is out to make a buck. I'm sure Lacie would have enjoyed making her rich.

-Rudey
Old 01-07-2005, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

While her testimony would have been key, it makes me uncomfortable that she's turned this into a book/press tour. I understand people want to talk to her, but that doesn't mean she has to honor every media request that comes to her. It seems a tad disrespectful.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
While her testimony would have been key, it makes me uncomfortable that she's turned this into a book/press tour. I understand people want to talk to her, but that doesn't mean she has to honor every media request that comes to her. It seems a tad disrespectful.
But everyone wants to tell Amber she is such a STRONG WOMAN. Amber you are a GREAT PERSON. YOU PUT THAT MAN AWAY. It was you who slept with a psycho and made awful decisions and then taped your conversations, so it is YOU WHO ARE THE GREATEST.

Honestly, her appearance on Oprah brought more tears to my eyes than Hoosiers did. I cry only for sports movies. Seriously, I cried watching Mr. 3000 on the plane. But I will also cry for Amber.

-Rudey
Old 01-07-2005, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey

Honestly, her appearance on Oprah brought more tears to my eyes than Hoosiers did. I cry only for sports movies. Seriously, I cried watching Mr. 3000 on the plane. But I will also cry for Amber.

-Rudey
It takes a real man to admit to watching Oprah and crying. Do you watch Dr Phil too?
Old 01-07-2005, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I like Matt & Ramona's take on this (for those of you who listen to them in the afternoon):
How long can the book be?
CHAPTER 1
I slept with a murderer
CHAPTER 2
I found out I slept with a murderer

Although I'll give her a little more credit than Matt & Ramona

CHAPTER 3
I locked the bastard up and gave him the needle
Old 01-07-2005, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Seriously, someone needs to slap the stupid bitch. And do it hard enough so Gloria Alred feels it. We already know Allred is an opportunistic whore. If frey had any class she wouldda avoided the press at all costs. In lifesaver's opinion, she now gets added to the list of people who are everything thats wrong with america. The current list currently includes:

Brittany Speers
Moinica Lewensky
Matt Lauer
Katie Couric
Kayto Kaylin
Joan & Melissa Rivers
Deborah Norville
Ashlee Simpson

I am thinking of adding Mary Hart to the list. That bitch has gotta be like 70 by now. Shes actually starting to look freeze-dried.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I've gone back and forth with this. She got herself into a huge mess. She was going to be widely recognized anyway (in a not so good way). While it seems opportunistic, it is America and I guess she has a right to write a book about it. I'm tired of the hype too though. I can't imagine going through life as her. I think she had to either write a book and try to become rich from this, or change her name and try to hide out. Can you imagine going on a job interview... "So, you're Amber Frey?" I dunno. Is there anything else she can really do?

Dee
Old 01-08-2005, 04:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I didn't see the interview.

Did she KNOW that Scott Peterson was married? (at least initially). Usually cheating married guys tend to keep that little ol' fact a secret for as long as possible. Le Sigh.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000
I didn't see the interview.

Did she KNOW that Scott Peterson was married? (at least initially). Usually cheating married guys tend to keep that little ol' fact a secret for as long as possible. Le Sigh.
there was an excerpt from the book in this weeks People and it was pretty interesting. but it says that her friend met hima t a conference, he said he wasn't married, and then she introduced him to Amber and they went on a few dates and then things progressed. later on, when mentioning his name, someone knew him and knew he was married and the friend confronted him and that's when he came up with the my wife died storied that had come out in the press earlier.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
If you think about it, she managed to effect the most devastating revenge that any group of women feeling themselves scorned by a man's feckless nature could possibly desire.

Even though she never got him to admit any wrong doing, the hours of him talking sweet nothings to her after his wife's death made him look so bad in the eyes of the jury that it was a key part in getting him convicted and put to death.

I think the next Beer commercial that celebrates useless people should mention Amber Frey . . .