GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,374
2 members and 1,372 guests
LaneSig, Xidelt

Old 06-13-2001, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Omega Finance

this summer my glo is making the transition to omega finance to collect rent, dues, etc. i have tried to find a website through search engines, and can't come up with anything. i was wondering if anyone else out there uses this company, what they think, and can they give me a website to go to to get answers for my other questions about exactly how it works?

thanks,

SigEp Moobs
Texas Beta
Univ. of North Texas
Old 06-13-2001, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Try this link...

Omega Financial

I'm hearing good things about it. I think I heard that most if not all of the GLO's at Georgia Tech are using it. If you have a chapter there you may try contacting them.
Old 06-13-2001, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

My brother is a KA at Georgia Tech and they use Omega Finance. I've never heard any complaints about the company from any of the brothers.

[This message has been edited by dzrose93 (edited June 13, 2001).]
Old 06-13-2001, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I always use omegafi.org as the webaddress. My chapter has used Omega for about a year and a half. It has some good points and bad points...it really depends on how good of a Treasurer you have.

The basics is they charge us $30 per man per semester (if your dues are more than $500 a semester, I think they charge a percentage) to send out monthly bills and collect money. However, the majority of our members still prefer to pay directly to our Treasurer. This is fine, as long as the Treasurer immediately logs into the Omega page and submits the payment updates. Omega will also pay your annual dues and assessments to your Headquarters (sometimes without even telling you they did it).

We have averaged between a 88% and 94% collection rate during our time with Omega. The biggest benefit we get from it is with those habitually late or non-paying members, and the threat of seriously screwing up their credit if dues are not paid.

My chapter is still trying to decide whether or not the $30 per man is worth what benefits we are getting. Some of the officers want to explore a different way to collect dues...but who knows...this has been the most effective method to date, despite the fees.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
Quote:
Originally posted by dzrose93:
My brother is a KA at Georgia Tech and they use Omega Finance. I've never heard any complaints about the company from any of the brothers.

[This message has been edited by dzrose93 (edited June 13, 2001).]

Rose, I had no idea your brother was a KA. Thats awesome. Will he be in Savanah for convention?
Old 06-13-2001, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by KABillyMac:

Rose, I had no idea your brother was a KA. Thats awesome. Will he be in Savanah for convention?
I don't know if he'll be attending convention or not. When is it? I'll be glad to find out for you. Will you be there?

Old 06-13-2001, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Pike4life is right, Omega has its ups and downs... It's a good system, just not qite perfect. My chapter uses it and it does serve a purpose by making everyone pay their bills, but on the other hand I thought it was kind of like the "mob" It's like extrotion, pay us and/or we'll make others pay.
Old 06-13-2001, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
Quote:
I don't know if he'll be attending convention or not. When is it? I'll be glad to find out for you. Will you be there?
Yes I will be there. It is in SAVANAH Ga. Aug 8-12. A few hundred KA's running around on the streets of Savanah........cant wait

Old 06-13-2001, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by KABillyMac:
Yes I will be there. It is in SAVANAH Ga. Aug 8-12. A few hundred KA's running around on the streets of Savanah........cant wait

I'm sure he'll probably be one of them!
Old 06-13-2001, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm sure he'll probably be one of them!
Hey DZrose93, your brother is a KA at Georgia Tech? I live right next door to their (now-empty) lot.. are they ever going to get their house built?
Old 06-13-2001, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

filabeaner, I am a SigEp from Cal Theta, email me and I will hook you up with the email addresss for our VP of Finance. We use Omega and he can tell you exactly how to use it if you need.
Old 06-14-2001, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

thanks so much. it is sxactly what i was looking for. i think i'll e-mail their customer service now and tell them to register with some search engines.

thanks again
Old 06-14-2001, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

Here's the link for Omega Financial, Inc.

http://www.omegafi.com/

Most SAE chapters use Omega. We even have a link on our national website ( http://www.sae.net/ ). They take a cut from your dues for their services, but it's worth it from the standpoint of saving you headaches and offering solutions when members don't want to pay. Check them out.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

We have tried Omega and while I was against it, once the system is set up, a New Member has to have a cosigner. Their Parents in case they dont pay their bills!

Extortion, I think not. Those members that do not pay their bill put the total Chapter in Peril with Natoinals or debters of the Chapter!

Which ever one, one would go with, it takes the monkey off of the back of the Chapter/Alum/House Corp Officers and gets the money in! That is the main thing! GreekDom is actually a business and it cost to operate!

Great to Rush a Broke Organization aint it!

LX Z # 1
Alumni

Last edited by Tom Earp; 03-21-2004 at 12:58 AM.