Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,524
1 members and 1,523 guests
No Members online

Old 11-15-2004, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDLadyBSU Send a message via Yahoo to KDLadyBSU
Smile Isn't it Amazing...

Isn't it amazing how many sisters you run into on a daily basis... not only for your chapter but also alumni?

Today we had a speaker at our chapter and nobody knew she was a KD until she showed up with a pin on... this is the third KD alum faculty member we've met this year...

I love my sisters and it's fabulous at how close of a bond one can feel simply by wearing the same letters! To all my sisters out there rockin' the green and white! I love you all AOT!
Old 11-15-2004, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

It really is!
I work for a small lawfirm in a building in downtown Pittsburgh. It's not a big building, 8 floors, only a couple businesses in it. There's another KD in my office from a different chapter, and then last week I ran into a sister from my chapter (she graduated the year I pledged, didn't know her too well) on the elevator, she works in the building too! Thought it was pretty cool- 3 KDs in one small building!
Old 11-15-2004, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Have met KD's in various places. When my daughter was in kindergarten, I was a co-room mother with a woman with whom I had stayed friendly since forever. We were at a PTA meeting for the new elementary school our children were scheduled to attend at the end of the kids' second grade year. The gal who would become President of the PTA asked if anyone had seen the green felt tipped pen. I turned to my friend and mentioned that it reminded me of my sorority days. She told me it reminded her of her sorority days too. We are both KD's, and were collegiates at the same time.

Later, we got a new neighbor in the neighborhood. When I went to introduce myself, we were taking for a while when we both mentioned that the other looked familiar. After going through all the various places we could have known each other, we both connected at the same time that we were collegiates together. Had not seen each other since I had graduated.

On the same street is a woman who was very active on our association board. When I received one of the alumnae directories, I was looking through it to see who lived in my community. When I saw her name, I only recalled that I knew the name, but could not remember how until I saw what street she lived on. We have lived at opposite ends of a long street for years and then found out we were sisiters.

Reminds me of the song-- ITS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL....

AOT
DaffyKD
Old 11-17-2004, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

I started working at a law firm this past February. Several of my sisters were already working there. A few weeks later, I found out that one of the lawyers there was a KD from UCF. I also noticed that one of the attorneys had the same last name as one of my previous CAB counterpart. He also looked kind of familiar. So I asked him if he was related to Melissa _______. He was like, that's my wife. I had met him 2 years ago at our chapter's 35th Anniversary dinner. And Melissa is the one who just had a baby! (I had mentioned it in the legacy thread)

Speaking of "It's a Small World"...did any of you ever use the "House of Love" song during recruitment? It's to the tune of Small World.