Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,621
1 members and 1,620 guests
MSKKG

Old 03-02-2005, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CrescentGuy
Something to do during the mixer...

Okay, now I've got my sober mixers all set. I just need something to do there to keep people interested. You know, like icebreakers, games, that kind of stuff. My sorority counterparts are really helping me, and I don't want this to be...you know... They want to do this stuff, I don't really care, but I have no clue as to what would be fun for college kids. I mean...I hate icebreakers. Does anyone have anything cool? Thanks, in advance.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MikeBFiji
I'm always up for play board games. We (Fijis) had pizza with the Alpha Phis and played pictionary. Apples to Apples is another good game. Also if you have ever played the drinking game shoulders I had a brother that used that as an icebreaker during student teaching. Basically the person that messed up the cycle had to say there name and something about themselves.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeBFiji
shoulders
What is this?
Old 03-03-2005, 12:21 PM

I know what you mean, icebreakers sometimes seem like they're defeating their purpose because they're so lame no one wants to do them.

I like the board games idea...goofy things like Candyland or Trouble if you can find them.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MikeBFiji
Shoulders

I got this explanation from http://www.barnonedrinks.com/ it was the best explanation. I'm sure if you as some guys in fraternities atleast one should know, if you have any further questions I'd be happy to answer them

Shoulders
Equipment

Alcohol
A few friends and/or aquaintences.
The more people you have the more challenging it will be,(more drinking).

Directions
Form a loose circle so you can see all of the players. One person will start,(anyone). The object of the game is to count to 20 without messing up. The game starts by the player using their left or right fist and clearly tapping your shoulder in the direction you choose. So if you were starting and you wanted the person to your left to go next, with your right fist bring it to your left sholder and say one. That person has a choice of either continue going to the left or to send it back. You must always remember to count your number aloud. Each player has about a 2-3 sec. grace period if they foul up the game stops and that player takes a drink.

The key numbers you must remember:

1-6: either 1.left fist right shoulder-lft 2.right fist left shoulder-rt
7: On the number 7 who ever in the circle gets that number must put there arms parrallel in the horizontal position which ever the top hand is pointing that player goes next.
8,9: these are the same as 1-6
10: who ever lands on the 10 simply points to who ever they want
11-16: again has the same ruling as 1-6
17: this is the opposite to number 7, which ever direction the bottom hand is pointed is the direction of play.
18-20: is the same as 1-6 as well
Now once you have made it to 20 you may make rules. One of my favorites is changing the numbers eg. 3 becomes 8, and the 8 becomes the 3. Everyone messes up on that one.

The key to the game is to go as fast as you can and try to mess other people up. Its good clean fun.

Credit:
Alan Noyes
Old 03-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Banned

That sounds good...and not too cheesy either...a*&hole is always a good card game to play, but can't really be effective for a large group.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Shoulders

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeBFiji
The key numbers you must remember:

1-6: either 1.left fist right shoulder-lft 2.right fist left shoulder-rt
7: On the number 7 who ever in the circle gets that number must put there arms parrallel in the horizontal position which ever the top hand is pointing that player goes next.
8,9: these are the same as 1-6
10: who ever lands on the 10 simply points to who ever they want
11-16: again has the same ruling as 1-6
17: this is the opposite to number 7, which ever direction the bottom hand is pointed is the direction of play.
18-20: is the same as 1-6 as well
Now once you have made it to 20 you may make rules. One of my favorites is changing the numbers eg. 3 becomes 8, and the 8 becomes the 3. Everyone messes up on that one.
WTF???? I'm not even drunk and I can't seem to make heads or tails of that! LOL. Must be one of those things that are easier to explain in person.

Or.... maybe I'm just dumb.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

When I was pledging my sorority we did a web activity to get to know the actives. We sat in a circle and had a big ball of yarn. An active started by saying something about themselves like their best Theta moment and then threw it to somebody else... pledges had to say what they are looking forward to in being part of the new group. When we finished we had a big web. It was really fun. You could put a party twist on it by having a question like craziest makeout, who's your crush, most embarassing moment, stuff like that.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

buy a few 8 balls of yack and blow lines
Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Shoulders

Quote:
Originally posted by Lindz928
WTF???? I'm not even drunk and I can't seem to make heads or tails of that! LOL. Must be one of those things that are easier to explain in person.

Or.... maybe I'm just dumb.

Don't worry, I'm confused too. But, then again, I'm the girl that always needs to have the rules of A**hole explained to me everytime we play. I've played it several times and yet I still forget.

PSimissU