» Online Users: 1,442
1 members and 1,441 guests
Xidelt

Old 11-04-2003, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool What if......(a tru dilemma)

Hey Everyone,
I want your opinion.....
What if a group of girls wants to join the same sorority as you but they were doing it for all the wrong reasons. That is probably going to happen on my campus but I love the zeta phi betas too much for that to happen. Because of this i am probably going to wait til grad school to join. What would ya'll do?
Old 11-04-2003, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Strive
Now, you have me scratching my head on this one. There are many wrong reasons out there to join the sorority. What I need to know is what wrong reasons are you referring to.

If they are joining the sorority because the chapter has the best step team, then they are just being caught up in the moment. In that case, I would be a part of that line. Because they may want to keep up that spirit and good feelings they had. Those feelings may spill over to other activities in the sorority. It can happen.

Now some sorors may disagree with my viewpoint. But that's their opinion. But keep this in mind many people are drawn to the light of Zeta Phi Beta, but only a few are given a key into Zetadom.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

If the Zetas will allow me to intrude for a moment.....

If you think you are ready now, then do it now. You have no control over who your line sisters will be, nor should you judge whether or not they are worthy. Some things just aren't for you to worry about.

Be the best potential candidate YOU can be.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool THANKS

Thanks and I do understand what you are saying about judging BUT I really have a strong intuition that some are going to bring negativity into the organization. Besides I do not judge people in any kind of shape or form because that is not what I am about. And Strive ....when I said the "wrong reasons" I really do mean the "wrong reasons", like for one fighting with other sororities and NOT conducting ones' self as a finer woman.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to btb87 Send a message via Yahoo to btb87
I have to co-sign with my Phrat. . .

Ladies of Zeta, I also extend my humblest apologies for the intrusion, but please allow me to say this little bit. . .

I totally agree with Senusret - you should be the best potential candidate that you can be. Something else - you may know what these "ladies" are like, but you can best believe that others have been watching them as well, although they may not know that they're interested in the Sorority, but I'm sure their actions have spoken volumes. People watch you even when you think no one's paying attention.

Also, who's to say that they'll even be selected?
Old 11-05-2003, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Strive
Re: THANKS

Quote:
Originally posted by smartypants
Strive ....when I said the "wrong reasons" I really do mean the "wrong reasons", like for one fighting with other sororities and NOT conducting ones' self as a finer woman.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Let me assure you that no sorority (or fraternity) will knowingly accept any one who will be a threat to its name, members, and non-members.

I am sure the Zetas on your campus or aware of these individuals actions.

If you're ready for Zeta, then apply for membership.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: THANKS

Quote:
Originally posted by smartypants
Thanks and I do understand what you are saying about judging BUT I really have a strong intuition that some are going to bring negativity into the organization. Besides I do not judge people in any kind of shape or form because that is not what I am about. And Strive ....when I said the "wrong reasons" I really do mean the "wrong reasons", like for one fighting with other sororities and NOT conducting ones' self as a finer woman.
If you are really concerned with the best interests of whatever the organization in which you are interested, and you actually feel you would be an asset to said organization, why would you allow the actions of other people to dictate your own goals, objectives and missions?

I joined with a good membership class, but that is of no consequence. If I had joined with the worst group of women to ever exist in the world, I still would have joined at that time. I was confident enough to know that the assets I bring to Zeta could be utilized immediately, if Zeta allowed me to become a member. If "I" knew I was coming in with a bad member class, "I" would have cared enough about Zeta to have utilized a few options at my disposal to try to ensure this group's negative impact on the Sorority was minimized or elimiated, but that's "me."
Old 01-07-2004, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

i have to say that there are some sorors that i thought were joining for the wrong reason, but now, they're the best WORKERS i've seen. and the ones that some thought were perfect for my organization, are the ones we have to "pull coattails" on. sometimes your experience (if it's done RIGHT) gives you a greater appreciation and love for the organization.

but i must agree with my brother greek of a phi a, just do the best you can. everything will come to light!