GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,147
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, misskesha
» Online Users: 1,328
1 members and 1,327 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 06-13-2009, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Sweetheart Help :)

Hi everyone!
So I was recently given the honor of Sweetheart for our Local Chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity. I love these guys so much!

Anyway I'm in Canada, and the whole "Greek life" thing really isn't huge here. I'm in a Local sorority (no International chapter) so all the information I have is sort of limited.

I was wondering what types of things girls did as Sweethearts. The past sweethearts I've seen for this chapter haven't really done anything extraordinary, just been supportive, shown up to things, and that's about it. I really want to take it further than that, and give future Sweethearts something to follow.

Any advice would be great
I'm already planning on helping out as much as I can with Rush, since I've been Rush Chair for my sorority several times, and that's an area they need some help with. I also plan on doing a lot of baking this year! And I'm making them an album because they don't really have many pictures from the past few years.
What else can I do?
Thanks a million and congrats to all you sweethearts out there!
Old 06-14-2009, 03:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Our sweethearts don't do anything extraordinary. They come out to events and stuff like brothers do.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like you're on the right track.

The best Sweethearts are the ones that are genuine and only do things that come from the heart, not to impress the guys or whatever.

And please don't be their frat-mattress, I've seen many girls desecrate the Sweetheart title by screwing half their chapter.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash View Post
And please don't be their frat-mattress, I've seen many girls desecrate the Sweetheart title by screwing half their chapter.
Amen.

When I compare our sweethearts to another fraternity's sweetheart here... ugh. Don't get me wrong, she does a lot for her fraternity but it's hard for people to see that b/c they can't get past her.. record...
Old 06-14-2009, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I kind of loathe sweethearts because I've really only seen it create drama. However, one of my pledge brother's girlfriends always bakes cookie for initiation and ices the new initiates' names on the cookies. It's a sweet thought, and seriously who doesn't like a personalized cookie?