Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,160
1 members and 1,159 guests
No Members online

Old 01-04-2004, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzgurl102802
Question help, i'm so confused!

i don't know if anyone is out there to give me any type of advice for me to use. i love delta zeta. it was the best thing that ever happened to me last year when i joined. but lately and definately over this last semester my mind has been changing. i still love it and all but sometimes i feel that it is not worth all the time i give to it. it is hard to know if i am changing or what but if anyone has ever felt this way please let me know what you did to over come all the things going on in my head. cause all i want is to be happy again. thanks so much!
Old 01-04-2004, 08:29 PM

I know exactly how you feel! I went through it when I was a junior. I talked about it with some of my "closer" sisters and they hepled me see that my Delta Zeta experience can be whatever I wanted it to be. So, I kept my affiliation but became less active in the chapter. My sisters supported me and it worked out great.

If you have any specific issues that you would like to talk about and you need a supportive (and unbiased) ear, pm me. I'll do whatever I can to help. Good luck!!
Old 01-05-2004, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Blair-
I saw from your post on the list of GC DZs that you held about 4 positions last year. WHOA! If someone is going to get burned out, thats the best way to do it!

I agree with docdaisy-you need to take a step back for a while! I don't know what your classification is, but I know my junior year-I also got a little overwhelmed, but my personality is to try to have my hands in everything b/c I am a perfectionist & I cared way too much. I even considered staying in school an extra semester so I could run for president for a second term b/c I was afraid that no one younger than me was ready for it (HELLO-talk about making something your life!).

You can still be active & committed without making yourself crazy! I promise--you want to stick with DZ--it is forever, not just 4-5 years. I'm in my 30's and can't imagine my life without it. I have a few former sisters (still friends) who forgot that they joined for a lifetime bond, and gave up because of one rough semester-they regret it deeply now when I tell them about the things I get to do as an alum-because they can never get it back.

It'll be OK! Know that you are not alone-just keep the lines of communication open with your sisters-let them know you are not rejecting them, just trying to concentrate on yourself for a while! They will understand!

DKZ,
Andi
Old 01-05-2004, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzgurl102802
Oh My Gosh!! Thanks you guys so much! you two just gave me really good advice. i should have done this sooner. knowing that there are other people out there that can help me and are my sisters is incredible! when i go back to school i am gonna pull my big sis aside and talk to her about everything. she and i have not had a chance to have a good talk in awhile. docdaisy and andi thanks so much for your advice. i am gonna keep it close to heart!
Old 01-05-2004, 07:18 PM

I'm so glad we could help! Please keep us posted and let us know how it works out. And always remember... you sisters will always be here for you!
Old 01-05-2004, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

i am just echoing what has already been said, but i think it is a good idea for you to talk to your big and any other sisters you may be especially close to. i'm sure they would be willing to listen and also very willing to help accomodate you to make you feel less stressed out about your position in the sisterhood. i hope everything works out!

DZ love and mine,
mox
Old 01-13-2004, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: I live in sugarland,but I am all over Houston all the time.
Send a message via AIM to tinyturtle21 Send a message via Yahoo to tinyturtle21
i understand your feeling..i had gone through some rough stuff after my first semester at school and i had to leave and go home for a semester or two to clear my head..but i really wanted to come back and i did..at first it wasnt a warm welcome my sisters thought i had abonded them and after telling them the story.as heartwrenching as it was..they inderstood..but i still felt like burned out and like i shouldnt do dz anymore..looking back i wish i hadnt pulled back as much as i did..its good to keep yourself grounded with other friend and actiivities and work or school..but as a graduate now.i look at my best friend and how she didnt pull back and how many more wonderful relationships she has formed..unlike me..because i didnt particiapte as much as i should have..i agree with talking to yor sisters,but you jsut have to do what feels right in your heart..good luck and if you need anything feel free to email me or pm me..okey dokey. and remember to smile!!