GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,494
3 members and 1,491 guests
Cranberry, Sciencewoman, Xidelt

Old 04-30-2008, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

New Internet-Based Look at Sororities Coming ?

From a recent article on TechNewsWorld:

Just what the world's been waiting for: more programming, "including programs that look at life inside college sororities ."

Well, maybe not the whole world; my best guess is that the NPHC, NPC, and the national multicultural, Latina, Asian and other sororities may not be 100 percent excited over this possibility. Time will tell:

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/W...ome=1209592845

Excerpts:

. . . Warner Bros. said Monday it is bringing back the brand [The WB] as an advertising-supported, video-on-demand site.
Warner will launch a beta version of TheWB.com sometime early next month as part of a larger push to capitalize on new channels for distributing video content.
Like the television network, which shut down late in 2006 after a nine-year run, TheWB.com will be aimed at young viewers and consumers, targeting the 16- to 34-year-old demographic, with an emphasis on young women. . . .

The site will offer both original programming created for the site under the new Studio 2.0 brand and re-released shows that first appeared on the WB Network. It will also heavily emphasize interactivity . . . .

Original Web shows from top-name producers and directors are planned, Warner said, including programs that look at life inside college sororities . . . .
The content will also be widely distributed across the Internet through partnerships with Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSK) , Fancast.com and AOL -- which shares parent company Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) with the studio. Consumer products maker Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) has signed on as the first sponsor of the site. . . .

Last edited by exlurker; 04-30-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlurker View Post
From a recent article on TechNewsWorld:

Just what the world's been waiting for: more programming, "including programs that look at life inside college sororities ."

Well, maybe not the whole world; my best guess is that the NPHC, NPC, and the national multicultural, Latina, Asian and other sororities may not be 100 percent excited over this possibility. Time will tell:

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/W...ome=1209592845

Excerpts:

. . . Warner Bros. said Monday it is bringing back the brand [The WB] as an advertising-supported, video-on-demand site.
Warner will launch a beta version of TheWB.com sometime early next month as part of a larger push to capitalize on new channels for distributing video content.
Like the television network, which shut down late in 2006 after a nine-year run, TheWB.com will be aimed at young viewers and consumers, targeting the 16- to 34-year-old demographic, with an emphasis on young women. . . .

The site will offer both original programming created for the site under the new Studio 2.0 brand and re-released shows that first appeared on the WB Network. It will also heavily emphasize interactivity . . . .

Original Web shows from top-name producers and directors are planned, Warner said, including programs that look at life inside college sororities . . . .
The content will also be widely distributed across the Internet through partnerships with Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSK) , Fancast.com and AOL -- which shares parent company Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) with the studio. Consumer products maker Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) has signed on as the first sponsor of the site. . . .
i dont know how i feel about WB coming back yet, even if on the internet. i gotta think about it.

however, re: show on sororities, i predict it will follow suit of "Beauty & the Geek" and "Farmer Wants a Wife."

:: paging Ashton Kutcher ::
Old 04-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Unregistered-

I guess people never learned after MTV's Sorority Life.

Pretty soon HQs from the different councils/conferences will issue press releases forbidding any of their chapters from participating, even if it's not on TV.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing this in hopes of riding on ABC Family's "GREEK" success.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:14 AM

My guess is that the "sororities" they show will be completely fake. If they're putting all this effort into resurrecting the brand, they aren't about to partner with a group that chooses its own members without the WB's input.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
I guess people never learned after MTV's Sorority Life.

Pretty soon HQs from the different councils/conferences will issue press releases forbidding any of their chapters from participating, even if it's not on TV.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing this in hopes of riding on ABC Family's "GREEK" success.
agreed!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
My guess is that the "sororities" they show will be completely fake. If they're putting all this effort into resurrecting the brand, they aren't about to partner with a group that chooses its own members without the WB's input.
Agreed, As someone else said before, the councils and individual sororites will all be against this. They would probably put serious consequences on any member who participated in such a program.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
A new national? Womega Beta? They can hold auditions instead of rush?
Old 05-02-2008, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
A new national? Womega Beta?
Awesome.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
A new national? Womega Beta? They can hold auditions instead of rush?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigKapSweetie View Post
Awesome.
Mascot, of course, Michigan J. Frog:

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1vH2rjUshk