Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,473
0 members and 1,473 guests
No Members online

Old 01-28-2007, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Question from a Beta Pledge

Hey guys I am new to this forum and I am a recent pledge for Beta. I was just wondering if you guys had a National Beta exam or not. I would appreciate any kind of answers, thx a lot.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Could you possibly be referring to the General Fraternity? Say - if you use their 800 number or avail yourself of one of their electronic communications tools, you ought to know correct terminology. And unless I am mistaken, Theta Zeta just celebrated her 100th anniversary... Do you know why she is important in our lore? Ah, very important indeed, for those who are able to ... er... Alas, far, far more is hidden in Shep's call to the chapters than most Betas nowadays are capable of seeing.

Given the nature of our Fraternity as pertaining to higher education, it may be safest to proceed assuming an affirmative answer.

And every brother, on this Forum, or elsewhere, will tell you that he faces an ongoing test, even after initiation. (In fact, passing it is a much more critical matter then!)

Yes, as long as one is a member, he will be faced with two ever-present questions:

1. What is Beta Theta Pi?
2. Why do I want to be a member?

Any matters of lore or history, as interesting and important as they are, fade in the inquisitive glare from those two.

If I were you, I would start my questions at a different place.

Our best to you as you proceed on your journey towards the Stars!
Old 01-28-2007, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to a.e.B.O.T.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice8 View Post
Hey guys I am new to this forum and I am a recent pledge for Beta. I was just wondering if you guys had a National Beta exam or not. I would appreciate any kind of answers, thx a lot.

That was not Doctor Thursday, but here is the straight answer. No, there is no exam that all Betas must past. Each chapter/colony makes their own pledge program that holds certain guildlines. Then, it is approved by the District Chief. What is on exams, if you will even have exams, is up to your chapter/colony through the approval of your District Chief.

Welcome to Beta, if you have anymore questions just ask or P.M. me. In the end thought. Dr. Thurs. is right, the exam everyone faces is 'How I can be a better Beta/Person?'
Old 01-28-2007, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Our ritual/code calls for each pledge to be tested in regards to our history, lore, and other such things. Howeve, as a.e.B.O.T. stated, there's no national/general version of any test.

I'm rather curious as to why you would post such a question on the forum(s) and not simply just ask your Pledge Educator, read your pledge manual, or find another source of information closer to you than a web board.

Just my $.02.

"There is a destiny that makes us brothers, No one goes his way alone;
All that we send into the lives of others, Comes back into our own."
~ Edwin Markham