Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,319
1 members and 1,318 guests
John

Old 01-10-2005, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Tsumani Efforts

I just wanted to share what I think is a great thing...one of the frats at my school (i read it in our online paper) had a party this weekend..."international cocktails" at which they collected donations to go to the tsunami relief effort. They made over 1000 bucks, all of which are being donated to charity. I think its such a great idea for the involvement and an easy and fun way for kids to interact...so i wanted to share in hopes that more frats may do it.
Cheers!
Old 01-10-2005, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
That's wonderful!

More groups need to get involved in tsunami relief fundraising efforts.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah..thats what I thought when I heard about it...what was so great about it too is that they were going to party anyway on Sat night...so its great that they then turned it into a good thing.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

The Upsilon Kappa Chapter Of Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity (University of Kentucky) had a Tsunami event as part of their Spring rush this past January.

Quote:
Wednesday January 19

Mardi Gras Night and FREE Jambalaya from Gumbo Ya Ya ($1 beads and all money goes to help the Tsunami effort)
Old 02-06-2005, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

UT PIKE Tsumani Benefit Concert

If anyone is in the Austin area:

Music: Two Guy Trio: UT PIKE Tsumani Benefit Concert
Date: 2/17
Time: 10:00pm
Venue: Buffalo Billiards
Area: 6th Street

Tsunami relief benefit concert to be headlined by Two Guy Trio. Presented by UT PIKEs. All proceeds will be presented in check form from "UT Greeks". Come out and support.

http://www.texaspike.org/
Old 02-13-2005, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Sigma Tau

Nationally Alpha Sigma Tau has launched Hope Through Change to honor the victims and assisting the survivors of the December 2004 Sumatra earthquake and related tsunami through our national philanthropic service project, Habitat for Humanity.

Through Hope Through Change each Alpha Sigma Tau "area" (serveral chapters together) is challenged to collect 155,000 (number of confirmed deaths by CNN - Jan 5) coins by the end of March. Each coin represents a victim of the tragedy and hope for the survivors.

Questions regarding this project or for ways to donate, write to philanthropyAST@yahoo.com.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Theta Nu Xi holds fashion show to raise money for tsunami relief

To raise money for tsunami relief, a multicultural sorority hosted a fashion show with the help of other campus organizations and stores around Tucson.

Theta Nu Xi Multicultural sorority held their first fashion show in Room 100 of the Social Sciences building with models from 19 sororities and fraternities and other organizations around campus, raising about $450.

Local stores, including Divaz, Banana Republic and The Limited, donated all of the clothes worn by models.

The masters of ceremony, Indu Vasudev, a business economics senior, and Greg Coffman, a physiology senior, announced each model as they strutted their stuff on the catwalk and shared facts about each, including their favorite type of ice cream and astrological sign.

The clothing was modeled in different categories based on the type of attire, including vintage T-shirts, everyday clothing and fashion for the club.

To take a break from all the fashion, there was an intermission with a performance by the a cappella group UA Vocal Ease ensemble.

Theta Nu Xi also showed pictures from the tsunami disaster and asked the audience of about 100 students to have a moment of silence to remember those affected by the tragedy, Vasudev said.

To end the fashion show, Theta Nu Xi held a raffle and gave out free massages, gift certificates and a basketball signed by the UA men's basketball team.

Many of the fashions modeled were outfits audience members would wear or currently have in their closets.

"It was nice to see that they had clothes from all different stores that would appeal to everyone. I would definitely buy some of the clothes that I saw tonight," said physiology junior Molly Gilbert.

Glibert said she went to the fashion show to support model Allison Yates from her sorority Alpha Chi Omega.

Sally Robley, an education sophomore, said the event matched her fashion sense.

"I would buy anything from Banana Republic," Robley said. "Everything I own is from there."
Old 03-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Banned

those are all such great ideas! It's good to see that people are taking time to raise money for these families.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Zeta Beta Tau at UT-Austin

"ZBTahiti" Tsunami Relief Benefit Concert

Saturday, April 9
Zeta Beta Tau house (710 W. 28th St)
ZBTahiti is a charity concert benefiting the Tsunami Relief fund. The original Bone Thugz N Harmony have been scheduled to perform. For ticket information, e-mail Marc Katz at Snomasski@aol.com. Ticket includes tshirt, meal, and admission.

http://www.texaszbt.com/
http://deanofstudents.utexas.edu/gle...page.php?id=44

They have done a great job of publicising it - it is on the local news site and the Austin 360 site.

Date: 4/9
Time: Doors open at 2 p.m.
Cost: $15 before April 3; $20 after