Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,562
2 members and 1,560 guests
Cookiez17, UW_dawg

Old 02-28-2001, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Local fraternities

I have noticed that most of the people in the locals forum are from sororities...any local fraternities out there??
Old 03-01-2001, 04:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
but of course
Phi Sigma Delta...local UW-Milwaukee
we were once part of Phi Sigma Kappa, and we are in the discussions of going national...but i'm not sure if it is a good or bad thing yet.
Old 07-24-2001, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

While I admire all of the hooho about being local, I can speak from fact!
I started a local in spring sem. of 1965, Beta Chi. Designed everything and we were a local for almost one school year and then became a colony of LXA. We beat out another small national that was trying to get on at the same time and only one would be accepted on campus. Thanks to the other Houses oncampus because I knew them having been a pledge of an on capus nat. we won as a local.
Sometimes I look back and think I wondaer if I could have started a National? There Is No Beta Chi of record.
On the other side of the coin, because of the lack of Soro. on campus, we helped start a local Soro. They lasted 3 yrs/. They had a chance to go Phi Mu but didn't and guess what, they are no longer there! They did one hell of a great thing but affiliate with a strong National. In the time that I have kept in touch with My House !967- to day, the ADP and KD have come and gone and I for one find that very sad!
If you are in an atmosphere of locals it is easy, but if you are among nationals, it is extremely hard!

When you leave the small pond where you were a big frog, then go to the big pond, you will be a small frog! Who knew abc org at bfd school?

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 10-06-2001, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

We are Local

what up to all the local frats out there we are also a local frat very young about 5mths and we are doing our thang up at Olivet. Our frat is call Mu Omega Pi fraternity and we are taking greek life to a higher level. I also wanted to add one more thing we as local frat have to stick together, if the local soro's are having and convention why can't the local frats have one. So when someone read the message that u can answer to my question or if there have already been a convention and someone knows about it can you let me know more about it. So keep up the good work guys..

From Mu Omega Pi local fraternity.. GOD Bless.. Greek'sss Rulessssss
Old 10-11-2001, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Gamma Omega Delta Multicultural Fraternity

My boyfriend is in Gamma Omega Delta Multicultural Fraternity and they are really growing by leaps and bounds. They are out of NY and we also have a new chapter here at Francis Marion University along with my local sorority Delta Gamma Pi Multicultural Sorority.
Old 10-28-2001, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

local Fraternities

Whats up I am a alumni brother of Kappa Psi Upsilon a local out of Alfred University. We have been going strong for Eighty years and we just keep getting stronger with time. Tell you what though I am really getting sick of hearing about National this and national that i think its time for a Local convention or some thing like that.
Old 10-28-2001, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I think we should

I really think that we need to start up a local convention. We always hear about the nationals and there convention, but when can the locals like our selves can get together elab on some issues to make our fraternity what we want it to be. If anyone knows about any convention for locals share the information with the other fellow locals like my self. lol

GOD Bless to you all from your greek brother of Mu Omega Pi fraternity, were taking greek life to a higher level...
and remember Greek'sss Rulesssss......
Old 11-24-2001, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

local frats

My name is William Gray. I am Fraternal President of Lambda Phi Nu Fraternity. We are a local Frat Founded on the campus of Wayne State University In detroit Mi. I think we all need to stick together. especially us who are local frats. I think if we all had a convention it would be great. Well fellas check out our web site and drop a line if this sparks interest

www.geocities.com/lambdaphinu1/
lambdaphinu@yahoo.com
Thank you

Bro. William Gray
Lambda Phi Nu Fraternity
Alpha Chapter
Old 01-27-2003, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Delphico7 Send a message via Yahoo to Delphico7
I'm a member of a 131 year old local multicultural fraternity based at SUNY-New Paltz. Just wanted to say what's up to my fellow local Greeks out there.

Peace and Unity to All.

http://geocities.com/delphico7/
Old 01-27-2003, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Delphico7
I'm a member of a 131 year old local multicultural fraternity based at SUNY-New Paltz. Just wanted to say what's up to my fellow local Greeks out there.

Peace and Unity to All.

http://geocities.com/delphico7/
Welcome to Greek Chat and thanks for posting. I've checked out your page before and signed your guessbook. You all have an amazing history. Funny how Multicultural Organizations aren't as new as people think they are. LOL!!!! Thanks for paving the way and keeping it on lock
Old 01-28-2003, 02:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
A local fraternity was started last semester on our campus. They are called Xi Phi Chi. Supposedly, there are no dues and they get all of their money for functions from fundraising... that's a heck of a lot of fundraising. But our girls seem to get along with them and they seem like groovy guys... and they are kinda cute too.

but OMG... i never thought i would see this on my campus! I was walking in the quad during my first day of school. All the greeks have their recruitment booths out and guess what i saw:
TRI CHI!
There was no one at the booth but they had one with their letters all over it. I am wondering if it is a joke cuz it's kinda in a weird spot that I don't think the Student Activities office would have approved.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chideltjen

but OMG... i never thought i would see this on my campus! I was walking in the quad during my first day of school. All the greeks have their recruitment booths out and guess what i saw:
TRI CHI!
There was no one at the booth but they had one with their letters all over it. I am wondering if it is a joke cuz it's kinda in a weird spot that I don't think the Student Activities office would have approved.
Sorry to crash the local board, but ChideltJen, I saw that too today when i was walking to class. The flyers had a slogan or something, I didn't get a good look at it, something maybe going to a new height or something. I agree with u, that the activities office wouldn;t allow it. Maybe like said. it's a joke or prank like what happened last year.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:26 AM
GreekChat Member

yea my frats local, been around since 1934, and over 800 members, great people, not a greek name though, Lancer Society. Actually we dont havea greek system at our school all of the frats/sorors are societies, Franklin society, orthogonian society, penn society, Lancer society, Athenian society, Sachsen society, Ionian Society, Metaphonian society, Thalian society, Palmer society
Old 04-15-2003, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Sigma Chi, we're a local fraternity, evidently. Not for long in the strict sense of 'local' since our membership will be drawn from a number of non-residential campuses.

We've just founded this month. National Fraternity for Intelligence and National Security Studies ( I know, it's redundant). I've been on this fourm for all of five minutes and I made the exact same observation.

For the time being we're local. I suspect in five years we'll have 'chapters' at a number of campuses, and there is a chapter for alumni who either have an IS or NS degree, or who have degree in another field, but are IS or NS professionals.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Delphico7 Send a message via Yahoo to Delphico7
Local or Regional

If a traditionally local fraternity expands to a second chapter, is the fraternity still considered local? Or would regional be a more appropriate term? Is local really only used for orgs. with one chapter? And if regional is a good term, what makes an org. regional?

Thanks.