GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 1,063
1 members and 1,062 guests
PGD-GRAD

Old 11-18-2007, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Form 25

I'm doing the High Phi thing next year (pending such a minor obstacle like an election ). I was looking to institute the tradition of ritual team signing a CoA for each new initiate. Does anyone know where I can get these from HQ?

I was told to just take a copy of the CoA and print them out at Kinko's. But I had assumed that you could order CoAs like you order Badges, Pins, or any other equipment. I asked our Phi and Gamma and they said that they had no forms like this.

Bueller, Bueller?
Old 11-18-2007, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

If you have a copy of the COA, I would recommend just making the copies yourself. However, you can order them from HQ...just give them a call. Most other equipment is actually outsourced.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Adam, that's a great idea. Last I heard IHQ had them for $1 apiece, which I think is a bargain. The real deal on heavy card stock is preferable to printing them, and any associate member worth initiating is worth a dollar.

You might also consider having them signed by the entire brotherhood present, instead of just the ritual team. Years later, they can look and see exactly who was there on that fateful day.

Good luck with the election!

"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."...Oscar Wilde
Old 11-19-2007, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Adam,
I have to totally agree with Brother Jono. We do that at LX Z and I guarentee you that each New Brother will remember it for ever. I have mine from 1966 and have it framed. I also know while maybe not all of my Brothers still have it, most do just as Jono does!

I also have one when I was in the Ritual as the first candidate as an Alumni. They are both very important to me as all Brothers there signed it.

Spend the extra, it will be well worth it for all involved for years to come.

I know my name is on one from BN and Jono's is on one from LX.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 11-19-2007, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Coat of Arms

Greetings,

I have a Lambda Chi COA from 1964 that was signed by all the members of my Pledge Class. I put it in an archival bag and attached to the back of my Membership Certificate picture frame. I also put my original membership card and a photo of my Pledge Class in the bag. I never have trouble finding these important things from my earliest Lambda Chi Alpha experience.

In the year 2000, my Zeta celebrated its 50th Anniversary. IHQ printed Zeta-Upsilon Zeta 50th Anniversary at the top of the standard COA and Michael J. Raymond - Zeta-Upsilon 384 at the bottom of the page. They made one of these for each Brother who attended our Banquet.

This special COA looks wonderful sitting in its frame on my side desk in my office.

Yours in ZAX,

Mike Raymond
ZUZAA
Old 11-19-2007, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

While all fraternities and sororities have a coat of arms design, I haven't found any others who produce it at the headquarters level on heavy card stock the way we do with Form 25. If we are the only one that does so, then we have the opportunity for a fraternity tradition that is absolutely unique to Lambda Chi Alpha.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
I know my name is on one from BN and Jono's is on one from LX.
...which no doubt will mystify a few of our brothers 30 or so years down the line.

But it's good that we did that. The ones signed by the International Ritual Team naturally have representatives from zetas all over the place. I even have one (also framed) that was signed by Chuck Peyser, who wrote the 1992 history book, although I wasn't actually on the IRT. Tom Helmbock signed it too, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

SAE Has One Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoBN41 View Post
While all fraternities and sororities have a coat of arms design, I haven't found any others who produce it at the headquarters level on heavy card stock the way we do with Form 25. If we are the only one that does so, then we have the opportunity for a fraternity tradition that is absolutely unique to Lambda Chi Alpha.
Brothers,

I bought an SAE Coat of Arms from their HQ a few years for my collection. It is a standard item that they make available for purchase. It varies from ours in that it is not full color. I also thank that the image is too large for an
8 1/2 " by 11" area. I think our Form 25 is a much better in layout and production.

But, it has company....

Yours in ZAX,

Mike R.