GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,143
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Miles5566
» Online Users: 1,323
1 members and 1,322 guests
willTic

Old 10-27-2002, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

The ring

Anyone see this movie yet? I saw it last night and IT IS NOT SCARY AT ALL It was more like a really good thriller. The commercials on tv made it seem like it was the scariest movie in awhile.
Old 10-27-2002, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

OH JESUS!
IT IS SO SCARY
I made one of my sisters stay here on Friday when we saw it, and I still had to leave the light on. I can imagining the girl's face in my computer and TV screen and ugh!
For anyone interested however:
There seems to be a historical connection www.themorganranch.com although the movie's website claims the movie was adapted from a book. I think the website is Blair Witch esque and made for the movie (Esp. since it has pic's from the movie)....however my friend who found the site swore that there was a woman who rode with the same name and came across it on the web.
That little girl and her Cousin It look, eeeeek! so scary, and I LOVE scary movies.
Old 10-27-2002, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I didn't think it was all that scary..A little creepy in parts, but I wasn't jumping out of my seat...
Old 10-27-2002, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
I think it was suppsoed to be more scary as a thriller than a straight out horror movie.

It was a lot like Murder Dot Com.
Old 10-27-2002, 05:05 PM
Unregistered-

I think THE RING's more disturbing than scary.

I went to see that movie expecting a thriller and I wasn't sure what it was actually about.

I could've done without that opening scene...you know, the one of that girl...and the centipede kinda freaked me out.

I haven't seen the Japanese version [titled "The Ringu"], but I'm kinda curious to see how it's like.
Old 10-27-2002, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
okay, maybe i'm just a big wuss..but this movie scared the living sh*t out of me..seriously probably the scariest movies i've ever seen..but i really liked it
Old 10-27-2002, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I love scary movies but this movie was messed up. I saw it last night and I was creeped out. It has an interesting twist at the end which surprised me. Very disturbing images....really odd. My friends and I tryed to figure out all the symbolism. Very odd....
Old 10-30-2002, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xok85xo
okay, maybe i'm just a big wuss..but this movie scared the living sh*t out of me..seriously probably the scariest movies i've ever seen..but i really liked it
I'm with you. I LOVED this movie. but oh man, i was on the edge of my seat. I don't like scary movies when it's just a "how much fake blood can we spatter on the wall" contest, but this kind of psychological suspenseful thriller is just my thing.

*definitely* could have done without seeing the girl in the closet at the beginning.

...WARNING - SPOILER HERE....

best part of the movie - when I realized it wasn't over.

I *totally* thought that was it when they got Rachel out of the well and they are sitting there all cozy chatting. Ok, I think, they've solved the murder mystery, they're safe, hooray...but then it's not over...OK, they go pick up the boy...OK they are in the car holding hands...

...now this HAS to be the end, right? they have totally wrapped up everything. little boy is safe, they are probably going to get together, fabulous. then WHY? are they showing Rachel showering...why isn't this over yet???

then, OMG the little boy says you weren't supposed to help her. oh crap...

I *seriously* freaked out when Samara came out of the TV.

Here's the ironic thing - I told the guy I'm dating that I would see this movie on one condition - that he hold my hand for the scary parts. That chicken was no help at all. He was screaming as loud as I was and when the girl comes out of the TV, he almost jumped into MY lap.

Ladies, it just goes to show you...can't count on a man, you gotta know how to protect yourself (even from scary movies).
Old 10-30-2002, 02:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

This movie was SCURRY!!!
Guys and girls were screaming, it was craziness. I want to go see it again b/c I kept covering my eyes at the really disturbing parts.
This is a great Halloween time thriller movie.
I urge everyone to go see it, but definitely not alone
Old 10-30-2002, 03:01 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by G8Ralphaxi
Ladies, it just goes to show you...can't count on a man, you gotta know how to protect yourself (even from scary movies).
Hey...at least YOUR man didn't jump ten feet when he saw the centipede.

hahaha...