GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,219
3 members and 1,216 guests
glittergal1985, Xidelt

Old 01-15-2008, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Terminator TV

Anyone watching?

What do you think?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-15-2008, 02:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I saw last night's episode and have recorded the one that came on tonight to watch later. I'm not sure if I like it or not. Parts of it I did like and other parts of it I thought were not so good. I'll give it a shot though and watch a few more episodes because frankly, there isn't much on that I do like right now.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
I saw last night's episode and have recorded the one that came on tonight to watch later. I'm not sure if I like it or not. Parts of it I did like and other parts of it I thought were not so good. I'll give it a shot though and watch a few more episodes because frankly, there isn't much on that I do like right now.

Yeah...I am curious to find out what madel Terminator she is, and how soon can we expect to get a cameo from any of them from the movies....heheheh

So far the storyline is still within movie parameters...kind of curious to see how far they can go with this...especially the Cyberdyne part of it....

I have a guess that furture Terminators will not only come back to kill John but also make sure that Skynet survives.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 01-15-2008, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I read in Entertainment Weekly that they explain away Sarah's cancer and all the little continuity errors from between T2 and T3 by having them jump from 1999 to 2007.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
I read in Entertainment Weekly that they explain away Sarah's cancer and all the little continuity errors from between T2 and T3 by having them jump from 1999 to 2007.
well here is the problem....

in T-3, the last one was set on July 24, 2004 (Judgement Day) which is different from August 29, 1997 in T -2

So....hmmmm...I wonder if someone missed this
Old 01-15-2008, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah they're kind of fudging T3 and building into T4 (or whatever they call it) which will star Christian Bale!

I missed the show so far, but I'm going to try and catch it, I'm a big Summer Glau fan
Old 01-15-2008, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
Yeah they're kind of fudging T3 and building into T4 (or whatever they call it) which will star Christian Bale!

I missed the show so far, but I'm going to try and catch it, I'm a big Summer Glau fan
I bet it will be some kind of an alternate timeline thigie...see what happens when you play around with time travel?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I keep finding those little time errors but Mike told me to stop being obnoxious about it and enjoy the show.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

The way I understood T3 was the Judgement Day actually didn't occur. I remember John saying it to Claire Dane's character about how his mom was like "they survived" and that they "stopped judgement day". But like at the end of T3 they weren't supposed to stop it, just survive it.

Question though about T3, do they ever say the "year" in it? I ask because in the show it Cameron (the female terminator sent to protect John) said that judgement day occured in 2011.

Also, why can't Cameron take orders from John? She says that the John that she is protecting isn't the John she can take orders from. HUH?

Otherwise I thought the episode was very good. Which is a good thing considering the writers strike going on.

They seem to be doing a pretty decent job of keeping in track with the movies, probably helps that quite a few of the names in the credits I recognized from the movies.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-15-2008, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post

Also, why can't Cameron take orders from John? She says that the John that she is protecting isn't the John she can take orders from. HUH?
cuz a teen John would make her a femme bot....lol
Old 01-16-2008, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
The way I understood T3 was the Judgement Day actually didn't occur. I remember John saying it to Claire Dane's character about how his mom was like "they survived" and that they "stopped judgement day". But like at the end of T3 they weren't supposed to stop it, just survive it.

Question though about T3, do they ever say the "year" in it? I ask because in the show it Cameron (the female terminator sent to protect John) said that judgement day occured in 2011.

Otherwise I thought the episode was very good. Which is a good thing considering the writers strike going on.

They seem to be doing a pretty decent job of keeping in track with the movies, probably helps that quite a few of the names in the credits I recognized from the movies.
It's officially 2007 though I don't know if it's been said in the show. I read an interview that admitted they were working "around" T3 with the purpose of launching T4 and this new storyline so a little time travel and such and "poof" new timeline
Old 01-16-2008, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
It's officially 2007 though I don't know if it's been said in the show. I read an interview that admitted they were working "around" T3 with the purpose of launching T4 and this new storyline so a little time travel and such and "poof" new timeline
just like Star Trek
Old 01-17-2008, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

The whole timeline thing is a little confusing to me....

What is this about Christian Bale???? Who is he playing? John or a Terminator?

Also I thought they were waiting until Arnold was out of office for T4?

Old 01-17-2008, 02:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetagirl218 View Post
What is this about Christian Bale???? Who is he playing? John or a Terminator?
He will be playing John Connor during the time of the actual war between the machines and humans. The movie is to be called Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. No word has been issued (that I know of) about Claire Danes returning since in T3, we learned they later get married. Personally, I am dying to know if and how they will introduce Kyle Reece (his dad) in the movie and who will play him. Of course from T1, we know that Reece doesn't know he's John's dad. So confusing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetagirl218 View Post
Also I thought they were waiting until Arnold was out of office for T4?
No word has come out of Arnold will be making at least a cameo in any of the rumored 3 movies much less taking a full role.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

anybody still watching?