GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,446
2 members and 1,444 guests
glittergal1985

Old 01-06-2006, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

The Kinda-Weekly ER Thread

After being frustrated one too many times about ER not being able to fit into the search engine, I thought to start this thread. It's simply a continuation of this thread When you want to discuss ER, try the kinda-weekly phrase, and I think we'll all be more satisfied.

Okay, tonight's episode:

I absolutely loved the way the pregnancy issue was handled! I really had my doubts that it could be so skillfully written, but I was quite pleased. Even hard-core pro-life people had to like the phrase, "giving God a second chance" - that, or I can expect the lightening bolt at any time!

I still don't care for Ray Liotta's character, and admit that I was half hoping that the police would rough him up. And I think we were robbed on the Neela/Gallant preview that never happened.

Any other thoughts?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

Wow - I hadn't thought about Sam's reaction! THAT will be something to behold!!

I was talking to another friend last week about ER, and we both agreed that, if they EVER decide to cancel ER, we hope that they do a reunion-type show first. After all, the worst ER is better than the best of any other show!
Old 01-07-2006, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I am glad to finally have a place to say this... this is at least the SIXTH unplanned pregnancy on this show... this MEDICAL DOCTOR show where you would damn well think that they have at least heard of safe sex and protection. I am so sick of this happening, particularly on ER.

Last edited by thetalady; 01-07-2006 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:29 AM
Unregistered-

Between the ER on TNT in the morning and the ER on the WB's Daytime in the afternoon...I think I'm good with my daily ER fix.

It's funny because they're back to the beginning on TNT -- kinda cool to see the original cast like that again: Dr. Greene still married (and alive, obviously); Carol and Doug not dating yet; Benton picking on "Mr. Carter" as he was just starting out then.

While the new episodes still keep me entertained...the original stuff is just way better.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

The first 4-5 seasons were DEFINITELY the best, but isn't that true for almost all the tv shows?

My question: I have the first year on dvd, and now I've seen seasons 4 & 5 available. What happened to 2 & 3?
Old 01-08-2006, 03:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay question for all those super ER fans.

Brianna here pretty much stopped watching once Mark was killed off. I think I saw like one whole episode in between then, til now.

I saw the episode in December where Abby announced she was pregnant (what was so funny is that I only caught the end of the episode and Abby was saying she needed to talk to him and outloud I said "oh I bet she tells him she's pregnant" and she did). My question, stems from that.

On some fanfiction I read online the authors stated that Abby and Luka were only dating for like two weeks, is this true? Because seriously, how the hell could anyone know they were pregnant that quickly. Or did they have a "random" night like a month prior and then got together? I'm very confused.

I did watch Thursday's episode and I loved the way they handled it. They (the writers) did something similar when Carol found out she was pregnant.

I loved how Luka, even though he's Catholic, so therefore most likely opposes abortion, was supportive of her choice, even though he wanted the baby.

Honestly this storyline is the only reason I'm watching the show again. I really could care less about the other characters. I mean Weaver would be the only "original" cast member left and she wasn't even an "original one" in the first place (she joined the show in season 2).

On a mini ER tangent. I bought season 4 and was watching the episode Sharp Relief (FYI mr. Hottie George Eads guest stars in this episode. Woo hoo) and Doug asks Mark to be his best man. Obviously showing that they have a pretty tight relationship. Please tell me in gods name, why the heck Doug and Carol didn't come to Mark's funeral? They weren't even mentioned. I mean I seriously doubt it would have been difficult to get Julianna and George on the phone and say "hey Anthony's character is gonna die in this episode, we're having a funeral, we would love for you guys to be there. No lines, just your bodies". Seriously, shooting Julianna and George "at the funeral" would have taken at most like an hour.

Sorry, one of my ER pet peeves.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-08-2006, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jubilance1922 Send a message via Yahoo to jubilance1922
So I fell asleep on that episode, can someone tell me what was going on with Gallant and Neela?
Old 01-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by ASUADPi
Okay question for all those super ER fans.

Brianna here pretty much stopped watching once Mark was killed off. I think I saw like one whole episode in between then, til now.

I saw the episode in December where Abby announced she was pregnant (what was so funny is that I only caught the end of the episode and Abby was saying she needed to talk to him and outloud I said "oh I bet she tells him she's pregnant" and she did). My question, stems from that.

On some fanfiction I read online the authors stated that Abby and Luka were only dating for like two weeks, is this true? Because seriously, how the hell could anyone know they were pregnant that quickly. Or did they have a "random" night like a month prior and then got together? I'm very confused.

On a mini ER tangent. I bought season 4 and was watching the episode Sharp Relief (FYI mr. Hottie George Eads guest stars in this episode. Woo hoo) and Doug asks Mark to be his best man. Obviously showing that they have a pretty tight relationship. Please tell me in gods name, why the heck Doug and Carol didn't come to Mark's funeral? They weren't even mentioned. I mean I seriously doubt it would have been difficult to get Julianna and George on the phone and say "hey Anthony's character is gonna die in this episode, we're having a funeral, we would love for you guys to be there. No lines, just your bodies". Seriously, shooting Julianna and George "at the funeral" would have taken at most like an hour.

Sorry, one of my ER pet peeves.
About Abby and Luka, I think everyone was surprised when he and Abby hooked up again. He was dating and living with Nurse Sam and her son for a while...and I didn't see the episode where they break up, so I don't know why they broke up. All of a sudden Abby and Luka are getting in on. Don't know if it was really two weeks, but it was really sudden.

And about Mark's funeral. I was really pissed that they couldn't even bring in Doug and Carol. Benton was already off the show, but even he showed up!

Perhaps George is too good for the small screen these days?
Old 01-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Where did y'all find the other seasons, Best Buy? I was avoiding it during Christmas because I always end up buying too much there!

And yes, I think Doug & Carol SHOULD have been at Mark's funeral, and make the occasional guest appearance! But of course, I'm neither of their agents.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually bought mine at Walmart

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
Where did y'all find the other seasons, Best Buy? I was avoiding it during Christmas because I always end up buying too much there!

And yes, I think Doug & Carol SHOULD have been at Mark's funeral, and make the occasional guest appearance! But of course, I'm neither of their agents.
I've seen it at Walmart, Best Buy, and Costco.

As with my other DVDs, I usually wait a while until it gets on Overstock.com and it's super super cheap...just like my Gilmore Girls DVDs.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

Overstock! I hadn't thought about that! Thanks, OTW!!

And thanks, Brianna - I'll try WalMart, too!
Old 01-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, fellow fans - what's the verdict? Do Gallant & Neela stay together or what?

And Luka & Abby - how hot is that?!
Old 01-13-2006, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

good epi

gallant and neela are splitsville. he is too committed to the army and they really dont know each other.

im glad that luka and abby are enjoying this time. quite saucy of them to get busy in the changing room..but the freak in me isnt mad..lol.

Quote:
Okay, fellow fans - what's the verdict? Do Gallant & Neela stay together or what?

Old 01-17-2006, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FeeFee
Quote:

Gallant and Neela are not staying together.