Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,347
3 members and 1,344 guests
Cookiez17, UW_dawg

Old 11-15-2004, 07:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
3rd student's death hits the University of Colorado

Boulder - A 21-year-old University of Colorado student was found dead in his campus apartment Saturday morning, marking the third time a CU student has died this semester.

The male student, whose name was not released pending notification of his family, was found by his roommate shortly after midnight at Bear Creek Apartments at Williams Village, 3275 Apache Road in Boulder, on the CU campus.

Boulder County Coroner Tom Faure issued a release late Saturday that foul play is not suspected, and neither is alcohol intoxication.

The student's death is being investigated by the University of Colorado Police Department.

for full article..

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...534182,00.html

That is a lot of deaths especially all in one semester. What is going on there?
Old 11-15-2004, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

We've lost four at my school this semester, three related to alcohol (drunk driving), and a murder. Boulder has twice the students we do as well. There was a hit and run the weekend before last but luckily those two lived. Allegedly the assistant football coach pulled a gun on the president of the College Republicans in a parking lot as well. I think there are just as many stupid acts, but our law enforcement is doing a better job, and it is being publicized more.

At least we don't have a serial rapist/attacker like last year, and we got funding for the "drunk taxi" thanks to the Parents Association.

I don't think it is just Boulder, I think a lot of schools are having problems, and are also receiving more media coverage. I'm seeing a lot more idiotic behavior from underclassmen this year than the previous. I know I've done some questionable things in my time, but when I talk with freshmen and sophomores they actually scare me with some of their behavior.